Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 09:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
According to the Bible, someone who is a homosexual is someone who participates in homosexual acts. No one is going to brand themselves by a perverted feeling if they have a lick of sense.

To develop sexual feelings towards a child, doesn't make a pedophile or a child molester. The act does. There are a ton of attractions, none of which need to be defined. Sadly, homosexual is defined as both an attraction and perverted sex acts which makes the definition, confusing.

That's another reason to avoid using the term. It has no real, tangible definition (unless your a Christian, that's because the Bible doesn't change)
And according to the bible eating shrimp is the same as homosexuality, an abomination.

I prefer to use dictionaries to define words, not a book written 200 years ago in another language, then edited and translated numerous times.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Bigotry in the name of religion ...

IS STILL BIGOTRY.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't know how anyone can believe the bible. It was written in a language that has been translated many times over and over. Some words didn't even translate into the english language so they just improvised. And jesus didn't even write any of it. It's all hearsay by others.
Their are and will be many unbelievers. God gave all a free will to decide what they will believe. Broad is the way that leads to destruction. Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few be there to find it. A quote of Jesus. The dead sea scrolls say different.. the bible has stayed the same.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 PM

442 posts, read 588,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You said that you don't believe that people can be gay.
Being gay is not only sex acts, it is the ATTRACTION to the same sex.
Do you have conscious control over which gender you find attractive?
Attraction is not sin. Attraction is a worldly concept which has no real definition. It is based on feelings which change.

Acting upon what the world deems as an attraction, in a manner not within God's standards, is sin.

A feeling is not sin- whether it is a feeling to murder someone, steal, participate in adultery, etc..entertaining that feeling becomes borderline sin. Meaning if it expands into lust. But like I said, no one self identifies themselves as an adulterer, a pedophile, thief, a homo, etc.. unless they have a seriously seared conscious.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
A man can love a man , a woman can love a woman, but if it evolves into a sexual contact or lust for one another it is unnatural and goes against their maker.
Nope, my makers (mom and dad) are happy I have found someone that makes me happy.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Bigotry in the name of religion ...

IS STILL BIGOTRY.
Bigotry, nor religion, is part of the bible.

Also only 8 people were saved during the flood. Just Noahs family. That's because they were the only righteous ones on earth.

All the rest of the earth was destroyed because they were wicked.

So there won't be many true Christians found within religion.

Maybe we can agree on that

Old 11-08-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Attraction is not sin. Attraction is a worldly concept which has no real definition. It is based on feelings which change.

Acting upon what the world deems as an attraction, in a manner not within God's standards, is sin.

A feeling is not sin- whether it is a feeling to murder someone, steal, participate in adultery, etc..entertaining that feeling becomes borderline sin. Meaning if it expands into lust. But like I said, no one self identifies themselves as an adulterer, a pedophile, thief, a homo, etc.. unless they have a seriously seared conscious.
Eating pork is a sin in some religions. Should YOU be held to religious beliefs of religions that you do not follow?
No?

Then please keep your religious beliefs in YOUR life and out of mine.
Thanks

Old 11-08-2013, 10:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I think people who want to force their religious dogmas on other people have a serious psychological problem.

Many people in the LGBT community have made wonderful and positive contributions to society ... saved lives in the medical profession, served our country in the military, created great works of art, music and literature, won gold medals in the Olympics ...

I cannot for the life of me understand how some people still cling to their obnoxious prejudices and biases.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And according to the bible eating shrimp is the same as homosexuality, an abomination.

I prefer to use dictionaries to define words, not a book written 200 years ago in another language, then edited and translated numerous times.
Problem is your dictionary defines them vastly different.
Hence your example of the definition of Homosexuality.
So if we cannot define words, we cannot effectively communicate because nothing is real.
Nothing is based in truth.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:

The word lust is an uncontrolled feeling.

Someone can admire someone because of their qualities. It could be their kindness, their beauty, their honesty. What they admire is what they find attractive about them if it is not carnal it is not lust. Those who lust sexually or say uncontrolled greed it is sin in their heart if they entertain it as being acceptable to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies