Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Who's paying for all of this?

Transporting a person in a hospital bed is expensive. Who's paying for her to be transporting from the hospital to an airport and flown across the country (that's expensive) to this facility.

Who's going to pay for her to be at this facility for however long?
Look in the mirror my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Most people don't consider living in a persistent vegetative state, dependent on machines for breath and nutrition, with no brain activity and no hope of recovery "life". If the religious right does, yet want to deny social services to the children of a mother on welfare, one has to question just how committed they are to life.

The children of that mother are living, breathing, get hungry, need an education and safe, secure housing. Let us know when all the people who think Teri Schiavo was denied the right to life start caring about the lives of innocent kids trapped in poverty.
Actually,a person in a PVS state is still living.
They have blood flow to the brain,and wave activity on an EEG.
They breathe on their own,and most times don't need a vent. Most need a feeding tube.

A brain dead person isn't living.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:02 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
I am seriously bothered thay some posters think she is on Medicaid.

THAT is the most disturbing thing I've read on here.
Where do they get these facts?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I am seriously bothered thay some posters think she is on Medicaid.

THAT is the most disturbing thing I've read on here.
Where do they get these facts?
I answered this yesterday. For me, I was going on the report I heard on the radio. That was my only reason. For others I do not know. If the radio discussion was wrong, they are the ones to blame, not those of us who have said that. I understand why you might be upset, but don't jump down our throats. I guess this is a lesson on not believing everything we hear, whether she is or she isn't...I will add, that works both ways, none of us should take everything we hear as the gospel truth. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Default Who should pay to this to keep a brain dead girl on life support?

An outside medical team will move 13-year-old Jahi McMath from Children's Hospital Oakland and her mother will take full responsibility for her body during the transfer to another facility.

Quote:
The family has until 5 p.m. Tuesday to transfer Jahi's body or the hospital can disconnect her life support because a court-ordered injunction will expire.
Hospital, family agree on transfer of brain-dead girl

The medical costs for this will be astronomical! My question: who should pay to keep a brain dead patient from decomposing, government, insurance, the family?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:10 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,477,217 times
The family.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
No matter your stance on the case are you bothered by the fact a judge is overriding medical professionals, including professionals appointed by the court? It truly scares me that the court has now twice in this case overridden medical professionals. Thoughts.....

NY Hospital Offers to Care for Brain Dead California Teen After Judge Extends Life Support | NBC New York
It is scary when medical decisions are made emotionally by people ignorant of medicine.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Time for the great Obama to raise the girl from the dead.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:21 PM

If that girl who was diagnosed as brain dead is considered alive, transplant organ procurement teams have a lot of explaining to do! They evidently have been taking organs for transplant from "alive" patients.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Time for the great Obama to raise the girl from the dead.
Maybe the GOP will quickly hold a session to try that as they did with the Terry Schiavo case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies