Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This poor girl is brain dead. She will never get better. Why would any parent want to keep their child alive in this situation. It's just wrong.
It is called denial, and still having a glimpse of hope. Sounds ignorant and naïve, but I am sure these parents are going thru such a rough time right now.

But I also wonder if the legal help they are getting, are calling the shots right now. Deep down, I think these parents in the pit of their heart, no their child is gone. Hard to let go, you bet ya, and there also may be some guilt being played out.

It is a sad situation, with no glimmer of hope, do not think this girl is coming back, and the parents are most likely having a hard time with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
huh?? what are you talking about

fact about BOTH cases::::

BOTH are vegitables....both should be put out of their misery

why is it the liberals want to keep vegitables alive...but have no problem killing innocent healthy children and babies???
Hint: It's not the liberals that want to keep 'vegitables' alive.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,993,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Because I dont think this family has the proper motives in this case. Yes they are using their faith as an excuse but the truth is, they are doing this to increase the amount of $ they will get in thier malpractice suit. If the child dies right away, the amount of $ they receive is much lower then if the child is kept alive in extraordinary circumstances, which increases the mental and emotional damage done to the whole family.

I'd like to believe the family has good motives but honestly, this girl is dead. This isnt like Terri Schiavo where she was awake and appeared to be receptive to stimuli. This girl is lying in a bed not moving.
They're definitley going to sue, that's a given. But honestly, whenever someone uses their strong faith and goes to the media, conservative people are picketing with signs about God and support them. It's just a little interesting that none of that is happening. I can't say for sure it would if she were skinnier and white but in the past such as happened so maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Really? What about this? Or this? Perhaps this? Or the three on here?

Never mind; you're right. Conservatives on TV aren't talking about this because of... how'd you phrase it?... "Different colors."

A few articles are just that. Change the situation and Fox would be like CNN. Every time you turn on the TV there's a story about it. It would be extremely national, almost global.

I don't know who this guy it but he's spot on to what I'm talking about.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot....e-youd-be.html

It's almost been a month. If she were white, had the same last name as her mom (I haven't seen dad I don't think but regardless mom isn't married) it would be 60 Minutes, Diane Sawyer, Barbara Walters, HUGE.

We'd be getting sick of it. As it is now it might be the top trending article on Yahoo but not like it would be. Different stories but Caylee Anthony, that McCain girl in Europe, those stories and the ridiculous amount of media coverage made you sick because it was so much. Terri Schavio was too much but this isn't.

You cannot, CANNOT deny that there's even a .000001% smidgen of truth to it and you know it.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hint: It's not the liberals that want to keep 'vegitables' alive.
oh its not

the kids parents are welfare loving democrats, who DONT CARE how much it will cost the taxpayers to keep the vegetable alive

Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh its not

the kids parents are welfare loving democrats, who DONT CARE how much it will cost the taxpayers to keep the vegetable alive
How are taxpayers on the hook? The parents are looking at a private care facility on Long Island. I believe it's more a mother's grief that knows no party lines.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
How are taxpayers on the hook? The parents are looking at a private care facility on Long Island. I believe it's more a mother's grief that knows no party lines.
uhm...they're on Medicaid....that is the taxpayers hook

and the mother NEEDS to grieve...and get back to reality...the girl is dead...there is ZERO HELP for her...like it or not

Last edited by workingclasshero; 01-02-2014 at 01:08 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 12:18 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
I think the plug should be pulled. Though I feel for the family, the child is dead. It is my worse nightmare that my family would do this to me - leave my dead body alive on a machine or leave me in a vegetative state. Death is a part of life. As a mother, I feel deeply for the family, but their daughter is no longer there.

If they truly believed she was alive, they would turn off the machines and see if she could breathe on her own. If she does, even a little bit, hook her back up to the machine, if not, let her go. They are only prolonging their grief.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:21 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Really? What about this? Or this? Perhaps this? Or the three on here?

Never mind; you're right. Conservatives on TV aren't talking about this because of... how'd you phrase it?... "Different colors."
I agree with the sarcasm above. I am black and don't see any sort of bias due to the child being non-white.

This story has been on major news outlets.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:50 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,042,534 times
Isn't the family from California? The child would be sent to Long Island...has the family decided to move?

Old 01-02-2014, 01:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
yeah, i was going to say how the hell could the hospital botch something like this up. they are to blame for this kids death and i would sue for everything they have.

how the hell does a kid end up dead going in to get tonsils removed.
For heavens sake, none of us have the whole story. Sure, from the little we are getting via the MSM it looks like the hospital or the doctors screwed up somewhere, but we still don't know. Of course the parents plan of suing, but for you to make a statement like: the hospital is to blame for the kids death with absolutely no knowledge of whet really happened is pre-mature and very closed minded don't you think. We are all great at putting the blame on someone without really knowing the details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies