Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:39 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
We have painfully seen how "well regulated" and "disciplined" the gun fringe of America is...

yep, every time the victim disarmament crowd gets another gun control law passed, anther mass murder happens by the already criminal element.

you liberals keep on asking for more compromise on gun control. well as a firearm owner, we the firearms owners have been compromising with the government since 1934 and when is the libs going to do the other part of compromise?

you want compromise?

here you go.

since you and government say that current gun laws are not cutting it, then repeal all current city, county, state and federal gun control laws. then we will work out gun control laws that only effect the criminals and not the law abiding.
we will make sure that laws do not effect the look, operation of firearms or how many rounds a magazine can have.
we will make sure that every gun control law only effects those convicted of a felony.

will that work for you or is that giving the people too much freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
I'm sorry, but I would NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go to the movies If I knew people in attendance were packing guns.

It's a recipe for disaster.
Too late. I can pretty much guarantee that you've already done it. And surprise surprise, you're still here.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I would NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go to the movies If I knew people in attendance were packing guns.

This is so funny. The concealed carry rate is about 2% in most states, which means in a theater large enough to host 100 people, you would likely have 2 of them packing heat.

I remember an incident where LEO went to ask the audience who was carrying, three of them stood up in the theater.

So, you'd better stop going to move theaters, and the mall and any events.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:

I carry in my local movie theater.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
I remember back in the 60's and 70's before the liberals completely screwed up this country with their "feel good" policies you never heard about "gun control" or their interpretation of the Second Amendment. People owned guns with no problems and the population would not get scared at the sight of a gun.

When I was 13 years old I would go out with my friends and we would shoot guns, all sizes of guns. We did not need mommy or daddy to tell us how to use them, it was common sense. A gun can kill something so don't point it at something you don't want to shoot. Very simple! I use to walk through the neighborhood on my way to the woods with a shotgun and no one panicked.

The people calling for "gun control" have an agenda and your safety is not part of it. They want control and it's very hard to control an armed population. If you don't believe that you need to start reading some history books. So if we make the people scared of guns they will allow us to slowly take them away for our safety, and don't forget the children. People get very emotional once you put young people into the picture. They will believe anything for the safety of the children.

All you people who cheer on these "gun control" people have been taken for a fool.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:03 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
not all gun owners are trained properly. Hence the reason why my safety is concerned when too many citizens are armed.
This is called collateral damage.
You're safer with a CCW permit holder than you are with a cop. Civilians hit their intended targets more often than cops, hit fewer bystanders ("collateral damage") than cops, and are less likely to commit murder than cops.

If it's your safety that you're concerned about, then you should hang out with more permit holders.

Cops exist to process crime scenes and determine who did what. They have no obligation to prevent crime or protect citizens, and should you need one to "save" you, you're screwed. Learn to protect yourself, because they can't and won't do it.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/art...ermit-holders/
Police Officers Three Times More Likely to Murder Than Concealed Carry Permit Holders

Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You are incorrect that right to bear arms is inalienable. It may be enumerated in the US constitution; but that, nor any other reason, does not make it unalienable.

No official document of the US...not even the US Constitution...affirms or makes that claim.
You are wrong; the right to bear arms is the right to protect one’s self, the right to protect one’s self is the practical embodiment of the right to life. The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are some but not all of the inalienable rights recognized by the Constitution.

You are also wrong in assuming any US document is the source of citizens’ rights. Rights existed before US law, and are everyman’s birthright.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
We have painfully seen how "well regulated" and "disciplined" the gun fringe of America is...
The "pain" you speak of (homicides) are not caused by legal gun owners. They are caused by criminals. Two vastly different groups of people. Limiting legal gun ownership has no impact on the bad things criminals do.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The "pain" you speak of (homicides) are not caused by legal gun owners. They are caused by criminals. Two vastly different groups of people. Limiting legal gun ownership has no impact on the bad things criminals do.
Something people like bobbie will never understand, or care to understand.....

That's why we have so many gun laws right now...and look how good they are working...

Old 01-06-2014, 07:24 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grimace View Post
I think the firearms debate is simple. You ban or restrict guns. Bad guys will have guns. You allow the sale of guns. Bad guys will have guns.

What's the difference? When you allow the sale of guns a lot of good guys will have guns too! Might make a bad guy think twice!
No, it's not that simple.

Two classic NRA propaganda tropes underlie your logic:

1) That the choice is essentially between no regulation whatsoever and a total ban. This is a false dichotomy. We manage to regulate all kinds of things in this country without banning them, from cars to space heaters to electric hair dryers. And, as a result of that regulation, fewer people drive dangerously defective cars, get burned alive by faulty space heaters, or get zapped to death by poorly insulated electric hair dryers.

2) That society is neatly divided between "good guys" (aka "law-abiding citizens) and "bad guys" (aka "criminals'). Furthermore, your argument assumes that bad guys have magical powers--i.e. that they will somehow always be able to get guns no matter what. That is false. As a Chicago, cop once told me, if you trace the history of any gun used in any crime, what you always find out is the reason that gun got into circulation is because someone, at some point, bought it legally. After that, it may have been stolen, resold, lent out, or whatever. But the bottom line is, the reason bad guy can get guns so easily is because everyone else can get guns easily, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies