Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 07:26 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,477,083 times

Advertisements

Old dude didn't have a good enough story(which is usually what SYG cases come down to, and it's usually the guy standing his ground doing all the story telling!). He should've said he saw the other guy reaching into his pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:26 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,700,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the old guy has an age related condition of some sort that's affecting his brain function. Still no excuse but highly likely.
lol. 71 isn't that old!

The only thing wrong with the old fella is he's sick to death of young know-it-alls taking their noisy toys into places where people pay to enjoy what they went there for. The young fella was showing ZERO respect to other patrons.

There are reasons phones and toys aren't allowed in certain public places. Learn from it.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:30 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,542,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yet another reason I don't go to the theatre to see movies.....a cramped shooting gallery.
No it's cause you're paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sad state of affairs when you cant even have an argument with some one without one of the participants pulling out a gun and shooting the other person.
So every argument in the country ends with a shooting?

Old 01-14-2014, 07:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,304,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No one needs a cell phone in a movie theatre.
I don't see any problem with people having a phone on vibrate in the theater in case of an emergency. Most people would leave the theater to answer. It is the people that abuse the use of phones and invade others space that get annoying. It is annoying in stores, on trains, in public restrooms that some people talk loudly and importantly on the phone so that everyone in the area has to listen to their incredibly banal conversations.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,670,639 times
[quote=Dale Cooper;33022686]Oh, dearie, me. You're believing the crap being shoved down your face that you're reading on the internet? By other equally uninformed keyboard peckers?

/QUOTE]

Sure, the police report was composed by uninformed keyboard peckers, namely, the investigating officers.

I'm sure they appreciate your support!

Dear, dear, dearie me!

Old 01-14-2014, 07:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,533,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, dearie, me. You're believing the crap being shoved down your face that you're reading on the internet? By other equally uninformed keyboard peckers?

It's worse than I thought.

P.S. There are reasons investigations must be done before trial. That hasn't happened yet. Don't get in such a hurry. The trial is a long way off. Much will be discovered between now and then.

I'm always highly amused by people who treat internet yapping as gospel truth.

One would think the Zimm trial would have taught people to hold on to their knickers but some folks just never seem to learn.

Now you know.
Say what? Exactly what crap is being fed to me by other "keyboard peckers"?

I'm getting my "crap" off of the Tampa Bay Brighthouse, BayNews NINE channel nine news as I'm sitting here typing this and can add these little tid-bits:

'Evidence of guilt is significant:' Bail denied for movie shooter | Tampa Bay Times

Bond denied for ex-cop Curtis Reeves who allegedly shot texting dad - CNN.com

Neighbours speak highly of the victim, a 12 year navy veteran PO2.

Guy who held him while he died was a Vietnam vet's son trying to enjoy an afternoon at the movies with his dad. Father, the Vietnam vet, had this to say "I can't believe someone would bring a pistol to a movie". Mmm?

Last edited by BruSan; 01-14-2014 at 08:05 PM..

Old 01-14-2014, 07:49 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
Quote:
lol. 71 isn't that old!

The only thing wrong with the old fella is he's sick to death of young know-it-alls taking their noisy toys into places where people pay to enjoy what they went there for. The young fella was showing ZERO respect to other patrons.

There are reasons phones and toys aren't allowed in certain public places. Learn from it.
It's old enough for many things to be present. I'm just trying to figure him out, what he did makes no logical sense and it no longer matters if people say he never had a penchant for violence...he clearly does now and can't be trusted with a weapon ever again. Something changed, and it's not just the invention of cell phones. You don't earn RESPECT with a gun.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,533,819 times
Quote:
lol. 71 isn't that old!

I'm 67 and know I'm old so 71 fits the "old" acronym and so does a possible mental dysfunction. He'd better hope that's what a panel of doc's discover.

The only thing wrong with the old fella was an inflated sense of self importance from a career carrying weapons and a badge giving him the mistaken impression he was an authority and arbiter of what is socially acceptable behaviour AND the acceptable response if given lip he wasn't used to having to accept.

Had he not felt the need to be armed while watching a stupid movie with his wife; the worst case scenario would have been a fat lip before the very same off duty interventionists broke it up.

What a damn stupid waste.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,700,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Say what? Exactly what crap is being fed to me by other "keyboard peckers"?

I'm getting my "crap" off of the Tampa Bay Brighthouse, BayNews NINE channel nine news as I'm sitting here typing this and can add these little tid-bits:

'Evidence of guilt is significant:' Bail denied for movie shooter | Tampa Bay Times

Bond denied for ex-cop Curtis Reeves who allegedly shot texting dad - CNN.com

Neighbours speak highly of the victim, a 12 year navy veteran PO2.

Guy who held him while he died was a Vietnam vet's son trying to enjoy an afternoon at the movies with his dad. Father, the Vietnam vet had this to say "I can't believe someone would bring a pistol to a movie". Mmm?
lol, thank you for proving my case.

Remember: Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. That's especially applicable when it comes to so-called news sources who don't know any more about what happened than do I.

You should know that by now.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,670,639 times
Quote:

The only thing wrong with the old fella is he's sick to death ...
Too bad he didn't die sooner.

Now a man will never see his child grow up.
A daughter will never have her father walk her down the aisle at her marriage.
A wife will not have the chance to grow old with her husband.

All due to the ego of some old, impotent geezer with a gun.

Edit:
BruSan, I just read your post about you being 67. Just so you know, I'm 62, so I'm not a 20-something calling the guy a 'geezer'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies