Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Obama: Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol

This was from Fox News. If ever the Tea Party and conservative Republican politics was needed the time is now. Where is the Tea Party now that we need them.. Never mind that most Tea Partiers were born before 1946 and are dying off. Its time to revive thems. .First it was gays and now its marijuana. What next for Obama...Obamacare???

Obama: Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol | Fox News

The original Ron Paul Tea Party, from 2006, that the Rinos jumped on the coattails of, was for individual freedom & liberties.
Controlling freedom is a Progressive stronghold.
Remember the Tea Party is the libertarian conservative side of the Republican party, not the controlling freedom robbing big spending progressive side. The original TEA Party wants government out of our lives. Not more of it and more involved in our lives.

I, a Tea Party(original Ron Paul Tea Party) member, believe alcohol is more dangerous that pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is dead wrong.

You can drink a beer and not be drunk, or even tipsy, but when you smoke dope you are high.

But finally the Tea Party and Obama agree on something, or will the TP change their view to avoid agreeing with Obama ........
Not everyone smokes to the point of "high".......some can take a hit or two and be done. I know people who start drinking and drink to the point of "stupid" or wanting to fight (men) everyone. Some women drink and are the most depressing people to be around or meaner than a junkyard dog.

What alcohol does to people in the name of fun can go much further than anyone who would smoke one toke over the line.

I still don't see why the President feels the need to weigh in, let the states decide. Why do some people connect this to 12 yr olds smoking pot. Did this come into play when legalizing alcohol?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
He is dead wrong.

You can drink a beer and not be drunk, or even tipsy, but when you smoke dope you are high.

One hit off some shwag? Probably not. 120# woman slamming a beer is going to be more effected.
Now, some one hit wonder pot... Ya, you may get in the zone.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
It is not for presidents to create or abolish laws. Congress would have to do it, and they will not. Presidents enforce laws, and when Mike Huckabee wins the White House the CO / WA pot party is over, because he will enforce the existing laws.

What you forget Finn is that the people of CO and WA have spoken. Therefore; Huckabee wouldn't be representing the will of the people of those states. Nor would he be representing the will of the American people as a whole, because the majority now support legalization. It would do him quite a disservice to take such a hardline stance if he ever wants to have a chance at the White House. Secondly, given his stance it further shows the hypocrisy of the Republican Party when they say they're for smaller government and less intrusion into our private lives. Because, really they're just as for "Big Gubbermint" and nanny state BS as the Democratic Party.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
The TP and the left both support legalization of drugs, gay marriage, removal of God etc, so they have more in common than you think.
Removal of God were do you see this, I honestly hadn't seen any of this. Are you sure the TP isn't supporting decriminalizing pot?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
The TP and the left both support legalization of drugs, gay marriage, removal of God etc, so they have more in common than you think.

You seem to have a problem with people having the personal freedom to live their lives as they see fit.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:06 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Obama: Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol
He couldn't be more wrong. Marijuana is far less dangerous, debilitating and addictive than alcohol.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:14 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
What you forget Finn is that the people of CO and WA have spoken. Therefore; Huckabee wouldn't be representing the will of the people of those states. Nor would he be representing the will of the American people as a whole, because the majority now support legalization. ...given his stance it further shows the hypocrisy of the Republican Party when they say they're for smaller government and less intrusion into our private lives. Because, really they're just as for "Big Gubbermint" and nanny state BS as the Democratic Party.
Yep. The neo-con social conservatives (which comprise 99.9% of the GOP and their followers) is every bit, 100% as intrusive and invasive into the lives of private citizens as the Democrats are. They are also equally as corrupt and incompetent/irresponsible with money and resources as the Dems.

The Republican Party of the past 40 years has proven itself anything BUT truly conservative. Just the opposite, in fact.

This is why no reasonable person should ever vote for any Democrat OR Republican for any national office ever.

National-level politicians from BOTH of the two major parties are bought, sold and owned by special interests.

Back to marijuana, as someone else pointed out, unlike alcohol (and the legal, lethal cigarettes) marijuana actually has legitimate medicinal uses. Although I believe moderate use of some spirits (red wine, for example) can actually promote some aspects of health.

I also believe marijuana, when used recreationally and frequently, can be a colossal waste of time and can be a motivation-killer.

But it still should be legal.

Even in my home state of Oklahoma a recent poll was taken that covered rural and urban populations and people spanning various age, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, and 71% supported legalization of medical marijuana while 56% supported full legalization across the board.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:21 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ooooh good comeback! So anyone who disagrees with you, and doesn't drink the kool aid is automatically under the influence, eh? I'm perfectly sober. So, I'm sorry if that ruins the stereotype for you that you've been brainwashed with all of your life that all consumers of cannabis are just a bunch of degenerate stoners...YADA YADA!!! For the record, one hit off of a doobie isn't going to get you completely baked either! At any rate, my point was that the high from cannabis tends to wear off much faster than that of alcohol.
I think the other person has never smoked pot, because what you said, is correct.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Yep. The neo-con social conservatives (which comprise 99.9% of the GOP and their followers) is every bit, 100% as intrusive and invasive into the lives of private citizens as the Democrats are. They are also equally as corrupt and incompetent/irresponsible with money and resources as the Dems.

The Republican Party of the past 40 years has proven itself anything BUT truly conservative. Just the opposite, in fact.

This is why no reasonable person should ever vote for any Democrat OR Republican for any national office ever.

National-level politicians from BOTH of the two major parties are bought, sold and owned by special interests.

Back to marijuana, as someone else pointed out, unlike alcohol (and the legal, lethal cigarettes) marijuana actually has legitimate medicinal uses. Although I believe moderate use of some spirits (red wine, for example) can actually promote some aspects of health.

I also believe marijuana, when used recreationally and frequently, can be a colossal waste of time and can be a motivation-killer.

But it still should be legal.

Even in my home state of Oklahoma a recent poll was taken that covered rural and urban populations and people spanning various age, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, and 71% supported legalization of medical marijuana while 56% supported full legalization across the board.

Well said. I should say that Obama's only mistake in his statement is not saying that in actuality cannabis is less dangerous on the body than alcohol. However; he is on the right track. I don't think we're quite there yet with a president coming out and stating this. Baby steps I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies