Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's funny how the people who are supposedly so in favor of "freedom and liberty" are so vehemently against legalizing the use of a harmless plant.
Indeed. But then, that would make them a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Evidently Obama supporters have no trouble getting marijuana .

They had to be high on something to vote for Obama the second time .

(The first time is forgiven because everybody can make a mistake )

Hmmm, I funny... I've been known to indulge in cannabis, and I didn't vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 11:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It's not just the "left" that supports legalization.

Anybody who supports Citizen's Rights supports legalizations. Libertarians are big supporters of legalization.

Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself. And stop being a hypocrite.
If you've read any of my post I'm anything, but a hypocrite when it comes to this issue. I know plenty of Conservatives and Republicans that would support decriminalizing mj, the left is supporting his for nothing other than votes! Funny your President is now claiming pot is okay, after he's been the closing shops that sell it legally.........if one can't see the writing on the wall this is nothing to do with those who smoke mj and everything to do with VOTES for HILLARY! Sheeples..........for Obama

Seems your President has no idea were the war on drugs should go!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's funny how the people who are supposedly so in favor of "freedom and liberty" are so vehemently against legalizing the use of a harmless plant.
So true.

The Anti-Freedom people can get the hell out. Our Constitution supports Freedom.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Obama: Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol

This was from Fox News. If ever the Tea Party and conservative Republican politics was needed the time is now. Where is the Tea Party now that we need them.. Never mind that most Tea Partiers were born before 1946 and are dying off. Its time to revive thems. .First it was gays and now its marijuana. What next for Obama...Obamacare???

Obama: Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol | Fox News
What does the tea party have to do with cannibus? Are you referring to "Texas tea" party?

Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs we legalized.
Actually Acetaminophen/Paracetamol (Tylenol) is the most dangerous drug that causes the most accidental overdoses and severe liver damage.

The ratio between fatal doses and therapeutic doses (the therapeutic index) is much smaller than for other over-the-counter painkillers. According to the US Food and Drug Administration as little as 25 percent above the maximum daily dose can cause liver damage when taken over several days.

Acute overdoses of paracetamol can cause potentially fatal liver damage. The risk may be heightened by chronic alcohol abuse. Paracetamol toxicity is the foremost cause of acute liver failure in the Western world, and accounts for most drug overdoses in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. In the United States, over 150 people die each year from overdoses, with up to 78,000 emergency room visits.

Source: Paracetamol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I think the other person has never smoked pot, because what you said, is correct.
I do have to disagree here.........I've known people to get paranoid and scared from smoking. It's just not for everyone.
Since drugs have been part of the political game addiction to drugs has risen. Who's really to blame!

The President should have said, "MJ is better for you than some prescription drugs like anti-depressants.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Actually Acetaminophen/Paracetamol (Tylenol) is the most dangerous drug that causes the most accidental overdoses and severe liver damage.

The ratio between fatal doses and therapeutic doses (the therapeutic index) is much smaller than for other over-the-counter painkillers. According to the US Food and Drug Administration as little as 25 percent above the maximum daily dose can cause liver damage when taken over several days.

Acute overdoses of paracetamol can cause potentially fatal liver damage. The risk may be heightened by chronic alcohol abuse. Paracetamol toxicity is the foremost cause of acute liver failure in the Western world, and accounts for most drug overdoses in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. In the United States, over 150 people die each year from overdoses, with up to 78,000 emergency room visits.

Source: Paracetamol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh look and it's legal too! I can buy as much as I want! But let's continue to hammer on cannabis, and how evil it is, when it has not caused one overdose!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What does the tea party have to do with cannibus? Are you referring to "Texas tea" party?
Are these the ones that want to legalize pot and take God out? Finn claimed the TP wanted this I have yet to see any proof. Just wondering if this group is who he was claiming. Seems the TP might have some groups coming in disguised as TP.......oh the sneaky left!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
The long-term damage from alcohol is pretty well known but I'm not sure we have that level of knowledge of pot use. Both are legal in my state and I've done both but prefer alcohol. I would agree a stoned driver is less dangerous than a drunk one and the effort to criminalize weed was a complete failure.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Alcohol problems are by no means limited to only those who are addicted.

I repeat. We've proven we can't handle one legal drug that you have to go to the store and buy. Why in the world would we want to legalize another one that you can grow in your backyard and don't even need to leave home to abuse?

Given our history of not handlng the drug that is legal well, we need to not legalize anything else. It's bad enough we encourage people to check out with one drug. We don't need any more.
We as society.

I, as an individual, do not.

Why punish or restrict everyone's liberty because a few folks are addicts or have health issues they are incapable of dealing with themselves?

We have proven we can't drive cars without causing injury and damage. By your logic we should outlaw cars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies