Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:48 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He's not a girl. He's a boy who wished he was a girl... and so he had doctors cut off his weewee, put a hole there, and shoot him up with hormones. That didn't make him a girl, any more than putting a Ford badge on a Chevy makes it a Ford. All that did was make him a genital-mutilated, doped-up boy.

I'm sorry he can't get his wish to be a girl. It sounds like he would be happier if he was, and I'm all for people being happy.

But I've often wished I could fly like a bird, by flapping my arms, or even without flapping - just some kind of levitation. I will never be a bird, or a levitator (is that a word?), even if I make and sew on giant eagle wings. I will be a man with weird things on his arms. And this boy will only be a boy with mutilated genitals and abnormal hormones in his veins. I'm sorry that both desires are unachievable.
Is this one of those viewpoints that you keep whining doesn't get sufficient tolerance from liberals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 04:50 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Is this one of those viewpoints that you keep whining doesn't get sufficient tolerance from liberals?
(checking)

Nope, no whining.

Anything else you need help with?

Old 01-21-2014, 04:52 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,891 times
Ahhh!

A day without right wingers spewing hate against a little transgender kid is a like a day without sunshine!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:53 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
He's not a girl. He's a boy who wished he was a girl... and so he had doctors cut off his weewee, put a hole there, and shoot him up with hormones. That didn't make him a girl, any more than putting a Ford badge on a Chevy makes it a Ford. All that did was make him a genital-mutilated, doped-up boy.

I'm sorry he can't get his wish to be a girl. It sounds like he would be happier if he was, and I'm all for people being happy.

But I've often wished I could fly like a bird, by flapping my arms, or even without flapping - just some kind of levitation. I will never be a bird, or a levitator (is that a word?), even if I make and sew on giant eagle wings. I will be a man with weird things on his arms. And this boy will only be a boy with mutilated genitals and abnormal hormones in his veins. I'm sorry that both desires are unachievable.
I've never wanted to be a girl, but I know a guy who always thought he was born wrong and should have been a girl.
He became fully transsexual, but he's a mighty ugly girl; changing gender didn't change his 6"+ height, his masculine musculature, big bones, and only softened his masculine features a little.

Is he happier? No. He was always shy, and she's just as shy now. She is one of the loneliest people I know, and still thinks like a man in a lot of things. But she's now content with who she is, even though she's totally estranged from her family, almost all the friends of both sexes she ever made, and can no longer find a job as a boilermaker, the profession she was expert in as a male.

In the single conversation I had with her about the sex change, she said she now 'matches'… she couldn't explain it further, but I took it to mean her inner self image now matches her external self image.

Physically, she is just about as far from a cross-dresser as it gets. She wears nothing flashy at all, and has no sense at all of female fashion and all of that. He was a big lunk as a guy and is a big lunk as a girl. The only thing that's really changed is the regular estrogen shots have made his beard and Adam's apple go away and have softened him a little bit.

His peace with herself has come at huge cost. After spending some occasional time with her, I was always extra grateful I was born fully heterosexual and completely happy to be a man.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:

Didn't actually watch the video, did you?
Feel free to weigh in, however, even if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:56 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
I'm guessing that pretty soon it's no longer going to be enough to just leave he/she alone. Kids are going to be called transphobes for not wanting to date a girl with a penis.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Poor kid. Despite how you feel about hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery, this must be a very difficult thing for a child to face.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:22 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,697,607 times
This is just getting ridiculous. I don't care what anyone says, this kind of thing is not normal and it should not be- celebrated.

These people need mental help . Sad video.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Normally I am quite supportive of the transgender community. In this case I have to question the wisdom of allowing a child to decide their own medical future. I question the doctors involved. This child may very well be correct in the path she has chosen. Just as possible they are making a horrible mistake. I would have opted to wait and allow the child to mature first. I can only hope this is the right path for her.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Poor kid. Despite how you feel about hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery, this must be a very difficult thing for a child to face.
Yes, not to mention very brave. I suppose there was plenty of negative fallout from ignorant people after making this video and having the interview with BW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies