Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 12:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So now how does it feel to have voted for her opposition?
Very good, I would have hated worrying about McCain's health in fear of airhead Palin becoming president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thank you.

Succinct.

The reason I have remained a Republican through all the craziness with the ultra right wingers is that I want my vote to count in primary elections so I can help weed out the nutball, one-issue candidates, in hopes we can actually put up a slate of decent candidates next go round.

If I keep having to deal with Sarah Palin and her followers, I will just give up and switch my affiliation to Libertarian and be done with it.

And I am not the only person who feels that way. Palin LOST US THE ELECTION IN 2008. I wasn't enthusiastic about McCain but I sure as hell preferred him to Obama. And now we are stuck with another 3 years from Obama and his ilk (thinking about Eric Holder, in particular).

I have already made up my mind that I will actively campaign for Hillary if the GOP can't come up with someone with national appeal . . . and Sarah Palin sure as hell ain't that.
do you have any idea what Hillary did? You'd better go back and research...I mean it....she is not a candidate for president. and already she is blaming false information fo Bengazi....

I'm talking about what she did years ago, and Vince Foster, and all those people who went to jail b/c of her.

you'd honestly better research..and I admire your post.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,336,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
The trust was frozen and Palin did not receive money from it in the end.
What excuses/justifications will you have for all the OTHER things she quit?
Everything from the governorship to her book tour to her bus tour to five colleges to her beloved Alaska to the Turkey Trot races to the State Energy Commission...the quitter quits every time!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hun they are all dirty, believe me, most people b/c they are young voters, have no idea what Hillary and her husband did....

You've got to be a dirty politician to run, if your a good guy, you won't get anywhere, they will sabatoge you, unless you play the game, and I'm sorry to say, most Americans refuse to believe that and continue to back corrupt politicians b/c they honestly do not know any better or are afraid to face reality, admitting to something like this would be stating that they are wrong and most people cannot accept or admit they have been wrong and brain washed.
That is why I am all for changing how the game is played and taking the influence of money out of the hands of the wealthy. Running for public office one should rely on public funds and have a limit on how much private funds they are able to raise. The length of our campaign season needs to be reduced drastically, and we need to end career politicians which there are two ways to do that, one is to give term limits, the other is to redistrict so that it is done only on population and not on how people within those districts vote which would create more purple districts and hold politicians more accountable.

Granted I don't see any of those things happening any time in the near future.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:18 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,340,606 times
No reasonable person should vote for ANY Democrat OR Republican for a national office.

People who are cheerleaders for, or who slavishly demonize, a politician from one of the two major parties is clearly a hypocritical, myopic partisan hack dimwit.

Anyone who thinks that a politician from one of the two major parties, or one of the two major parties in general, is preferable to the other is too much of an imbecile to be voting.

If anything should have been proven to any reasonably aware, reasonably intelligent person over the past 40 years, it is that high-ranking politicians and political hopefuls from the two major parties are bought, sold and owned by special interests.

Republicans and Democrats both are equally irresponsible and incompetent with regards to money and resources, equally capable of corruption and cronyism, and equally invasive and intrusive into the lives of private citizens.

Voting for anyone from either party is a vote against the nation, its people and its Constitution.

(And NO, I am not a Libertarian either.)

Old 01-30-2014, 12:18 PM

878 posts, read 738,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
. Americans have made up their minds about her.
No, the liberal media made up the minds for the sheeple Americans by distorting her phenomenal record at governing, her beliefs and attacking her family relentlessly. This was all because of her executive experience which Obama lacked and that she was a threat to his policies calling them out as bad legislation. This scenario is in sharp contrast to the manner in which the media handled Barack Obama, whom it woefully failed to properly investigate in 2007-08. The media , Hollywood and the REP establishment have done everything they can to vilify Sarah Palin and her family but despite a massive effort to destroy her, she is still standing strong like one of the liberal posters stated a few pages back. By the way, if Obama received half of the bad press that Sarah Palin does, his favorables would be in the low 30's or 20's.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:20 PM

878 posts, read 738,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
No reasonable person should vote for ANY Democrat OR Republican for a national office.

People who are cheerleaders for, or who slavishly demonize, a politician from one of the two major parties is clearly a hypocritical, myopic partisan hack dimwit.

Anyone who thinks that a politician from one of the tweo major parties, or one of the two major parties in general, is preferable to the other is too much of an imbecile to be voting.

If anything should have been proven to any reasonably aware, reasonably intelligent person over the past 40 years, it is that high-ranking politicians and political hopefuls from the two major parties are bought, sold and owned by special interests.

Republicans and Democrats both are equally irresponsible and incompetent with regards to money and resources, equally capable of corruption and cronyism, and equally invasive and intrusive into the lives of private citizens.

Voting for anyone from either party is a vote against the nation, its people and its Constitution.

So what is your solution?

Old 01-30-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Anyone who thinks that a politician from one of the two major parties, or one of the two major parties in general, is preferable to the other is too much of an imbecile to be voting.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
So what is your solution?
well, as long as people refuse to stick together and identify the truth, there really is no solution...

Me, I'm voting independent right across the board, I'm sick and tired of being screwed for 65 years by irate and corrupt politicians...it's got to stop....and I believe more americans are waking up, but unfortunately very slow....maybe by the time they reach my age they will?

Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
do you have any idea what Hillary did? You'd better go back and research...I mean it....she is not a candidate for president. and already she is blaming false information fo Bengazi....

I'm talking about what she did years ago, and Vince Foster, and all those people who went to jail b/c of her.

you'd honestly better research..and I admire your post.
Yeah, I highly suspect she was the reason Vince Foster was killed ("committed suicide").

And as far as Benghazi - oh yes. I think she made bad decisions, but what upset me the most is the cover-up she tried to instigate, with the "video story."

But see - that's the thing. Which of these folks hasn't engaged in borderline criminal behavior? Ethical violations if not out and out criminal behavior . . .

That is how lousy I think the slate of possible candidates is going to be. I would rather back Hillary, knowing she is at least a savvy politician, than deal with more bufoonery.

Of course, I may rethink all this and probably - many times over - b/f 2016.

I can't stand Kerry b/c I was in college when he came back from Viet Nam and grabbed the spotlight with his horrible allegations (many of them out and out lies) about our soldiers in Viet Nam. He is a grandstander and a goofball and slacker, living the high life off his wife's inherited money.

Joe Biden, god bless him, is a decent man at heart as far as a human being. I have watched his career for about 30 years. But wow - he is soooo far left on some issues. And he is such a goofball, too. Mr. Open Mouth Insert Foot.

So who does that leave the DEMs with? Hillary seems like the smartest out of the bunch and she did propose healthcare legislation back in 1993, I think it was. Or 94? It was actually much better plan than ACA and didn't include all the pork that ACA includes.

Yeah, it will be hard to find good candidates unless someone suddenly emerges in the next 18 months (on either side).

But god help us . . . please promise me Palin will just go away. Someone find her a lucrative TV contract . . . in fact, I thought she had landed some new show? All she is interested in is money and the limelight, so let her go do a spin off with Duck Dynasty or some such and stay out of the political ring. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies