Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No research needed. Only a keen ear and a keen eye on the politics of the day. Homosexuals lay bare what they seek. It's out there for all to see.

Oh? So "pig bottom" is something discussed on CNN and ESPN? Such a popular term bandied about often in the gay rights debate, huh?

No, AeroGuyDC, you either sought it out, or you're reading blogs of those who did under the guise of "research."

Like that guy who runs around the Folsom Street Fair to document the depravity. I mean, it's a tough job, eh? But SOMEONE has to make the sacrifice, right!?

Silly, insecure little men.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
To the contrary. Homosexuals attempt to hide their obsessive and deviant sexual practices from the public preferring to couch their sexuality in terms of love and marriage... On the other hand, most of society recoils convulsively at the thought of what that "love" is actually about. This is the obnoxious side of homosexuality - the one that has been lost with all the talk of love and marriage of late.
Sort of like when you're a kid and you realize your parents have had sex, at least once, at some point in their life? Its the same thing, whether gay or straight.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:10 PM

423 posts, read 415,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh I'm wrong? Homosexuality is immoral? Says who? You?

Sorry chap, but you are nothing and nobody of authority on the subject. You speak for no God, Gods, or Deity, despite your delusion of same. You speak for yourself and whatever horrid viper filled congregation you're a member of. You spout tired dogma of hatred that you've chosen to shackle your mind to for the illusory promise of eternal life in a place filled with like minded bigots.

The immoral position, as time will ultimately bear out, is yours. Perhaps 100 years from now someone will accidentally stumble on this site in an internet archive somewhere and marvel at the incomprehensible ignorance of your posts. Forever immortalized like so many bigots of old.
No...just thoroughly disgusting.

I truly hope you guys/gays get what you want. That would mean I won't have to listen to all of your incessant whining anymore. Although I'm quite sure you'll find something else to b*tch about.

Something has to REALLY be completely out of whack when one man CHOOSES to take another man in his mouth....or *ss.

COMPLETELY OUT OF WHACK!

If some of you deem that as normal.....and I don't mean normal to YOU, then so be it.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I don't know. I think it's ridiculous myself and a little self indulgent to be 'celebrating' nothing.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
So strictly within the subject of this thread, what is there to disagree with? Do you think the football player should have remained living in secrecy? His coming out has nothing to do with you so there is really nothing for you to agree or disagree with. I highly doubt you'd ever even heard of this guy until yesterday. Your values, morals and customs have not been compromised or questioned at all.
You are correct, I hadn't heard of him because I don't follow football, but after reading his story, I strongly suspect that he's an opportunist, simply capitalizing off of the media's desire to promote LGBT issues to the forefront.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Here's what I don't like about LGBTs, many will demand that you agree with their views or they'll label you a bigot. Why don't they understand that many people in this nation still have certain values, morals and customs that are not in keeping with accepting homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality.

Just as I wouldn't want my (future) son to associate with prostitutes, liars, thieves, etc, I wouldn't want him to think that homosexuality is a good thing.

Maybe the "LGBTs" are tired of giving deference to grown children whose entire worldview surrounds the idea that people on earth live in a giant ant farm supervised by a jealous and spiteful, yet supposedly omnipotent being who spends his time being concerned with who is buggering whom, and how.

Honestly, it's beyond juvenile. And the worst pretense of all is that YOU think you hold the truth, to the exclusion of even those within your same religion who profess the exact opposite.

And sorry, but you're a bigot because you seek to restrict the rights of certain people based on their biology or characteristics of their personhood. You're a bigot because you place a value that someone is better than someone else based on innate characteristics of their being.

Which is what someone's sexuality is. It just "is," no matter how many former-ex-gays-tell you otherwise. It's like the color of their hair, or their skin, or whether they are deaf or blind or left handed. And to be "against it" makes people seem really, really stupid. Or ignorant. Or both.

My brother is deaf. I suppose one could "be against deafness" as it is abnormal and his lifestyle is different from that of hearing people, but you'd be an idiot to be "against deafness."

Your son, if he is gay, will have no choice in the matter. And neither do you. Good parents place no value on sexuality because it is mutually exclusive from how one decides to USE their sexuality.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:18 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Nevertheless, I still don't see it as my business to regulate what two (or more) consenting adults do in private. And if marriage makes them feel more respectable in spite of their sexual antics, then let them have marriage. I just don't see the need to call a press conference to tell the world about it.
I'm sure thousands of gay people come out every day without a press conference. A guy who intends to play in the NFL is, in the real world, a special case. He'll be in a public career in an occupation not particularly open to gay men.

Sam could choose to wait until the 1st team event and show up with his boyfriend if he has one, or go alone. He could choose to tell teammates he won't go out with them because he's tired or that he's going to a gay nightclub. I can give you dozens of other situations where his gayness will either be hidden or open. My opinion is he did prospective teams and teammates, and himself, a good deed by letting them know that part of him is very atypical of a pro football player.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,160 times
Quote:
You are correct, I hadn't heard of him because I don't follow football, but after reading his story, I strongly suspect that he's an opportunist, simply capitalizing off of the media's desire to promote LGBT issues to the forefront.
Obviously. In your world, he MUST be the bad guy!

Have you considered the possibility that he wanted to squash any rumors about him, ahead of time, so they don't become an issue later, like during the draft? Now he can go into the draft with a clean slate and without endless rumors and speculation or the need to hide who he really is.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:43 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
Here's what I don't like about LGBTs, many will demand that you agree with their views or they'll label you a bigot. Why don't they understand that many people in this nation still have certain values, morals and customs that are not in keeping with accepting homosexuality as equal to heterosexuality.

Just as I wouldn't want my (future) son to associate with prostitutes, liars, thieves, etc, I wouldn't want him to think that homosexuality is a good thing.
Let TriMT7 explain it to you, since you apparently missed it just above this post of yours.

Quote:
Sorry chap, but you are nothing and nobody of authority on the subject. You speak for no God, Gods, or Deity, despite your delusion of same. You speak for yourself and whatever horrid viper filled congregation you're a member of. You spout tired dogma of hatred that you've chosen to shackle your mind to for the illusory promise of eternal life in a place filled with like minded bigots.

The immoral position, as time will ultimately bear out, is yours. Perhaps 100 years from now someone will accidentally stumble on this site in an internet archive somewhere and marvel at the incomprehensible ignorance of your posts. Forever immortalized like so many bigots of old.
I hope this helps you understand about LGBTs. Just trying to be helpful!

Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
As a heterosexual male, I would be untruthful if I said that the thought of lesbian sex disgusted me as much as a sexual act between two males.

You shouldn't spend your time dwelling on either. Grown folks don't spend their time thinking about sex acts of strangers. Particularly not of sex acts that do not interest them.

There is ZERO reason why a football player coming out should have your mind immediately jump to him HAVING SEX with a dude.

When a Hollywood starlet announces she is getting married to her boyfriend do you immediately think of them having sex on their wedding night? If so, you need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond
Just as an aside, anyone who asks a question of someone else, then answers it him/herself, thinking they've actually made some sort of useless point, shows an utter lack of intelligence.

Bravo

Oh? That's what shows "utter lack of intelligence"? Frankly, you have not demonstrated yourself qualified to sit in judgment of the intelligence of others!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies