Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why are you incapable to walk outside to smoke when at a bar? And if you need to chain smoke while drinking, why not go to a bar that allows smoking on the patio? That would solve your problems.

Why are you incapable of allowing the business owner to decide without government intrusion? It is his/her business, not yours.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM

80 posts, read 44,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
My logic is perfectly clear. It's amazing that too many of you folks can't make up your own damn mind, and decide for yourself what places to patronize, and need the government to force businesses to comply. It's really quite simple, and I'll repeat it for the last time, if an establishment chooses to allow its patrons to smoke, and you as a non-smoker don't like to be around it, THEN DON'T GO THERE!!! It's not a hard f***n' concept, now is it?
It is NOT the duty of the victim to avoid the assaulter.

It IS the duty of the potential assaulter NOT to assault.

I have no obligation, whatsoever, to avoid your assaults, The burden is on you NOT to assault.

I suppose you blame women for getting raped, as well!!! That it is the DUTY of the women to avoid the rapist, NOT the duty of the rapists to respect the rights of others.

Your logic, if you can call it that, is perverse.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:10 PM

80 posts, read 44,038 times
Quote:
Why are you incapable of allowing the business owner to decide without government intrusion? It is his/her business, not yours.
Because nothing in law, or common decency (something as rare as hen's teeth amongst smokers, grants the business owner the right for others to harm other patrons. It is just the opposite. It is the obligation of the owner to insure that those in his establishment are protected from activities carried out therein.

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
You cant have it bot ways. You cant say that people and businesses are now happy with the smoking bans and then say that if the ban wan't in place, these people who are current happy with there establishment being smoke free would all of a sudden allow smoking.. Like everything else you say, that makes no logical sense at all. Most people who do not smoke could continue to be happy in the ban was lifted, and all others would be happy as well with being allowed to smoke at their designated establishments. With you're way, "most people are happy", my way, everyone is happy and is accounted for.
Well now that establishments are all smoke free, without a ban not many of them would go back to allowing smoking, but before the ban almost every bar was a smoking bar. It took a ban to get rid of smoking in bars.

Why are you incapable of going outside when you need to smoke??

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Why are you incapable to walk outside to smoke when at a bar? And if you need to chain smoke while drinking, why not go to a bar that allows smoking on the patio? That would solve your problems.
I already know that you're incapable of reading anything I post, but why are you incapable of reading a simple sign that says smoking is allowed and then not go inside? Would that not solve yours and my problem?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Because it is a business law, all businesses have to obey business laws in this country. You can fantasize about living in a country with no business laws, but that will never happen in reality.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I already know that you're incapable of reading anything I post, but why are you incapable of reading a simple sign that says smoking is allowed and then not go inside? Would that not solve yours and my problem?
I can read signs just well, but allowing smoking in bars would violate smoking bans. Studies have shown that there has been no effect with patrons at bars with smoking bans, therefore there is no need to get rid of them and there have not been one single case that I know of that has ruled a smoking ban unconstitutional.

Just because you like a disgusting habit doesn't mean everyone around you has to put up with it, so take it outside or stay home.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:15 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Well now that establishments are all smoke free, without a ban not many of them would go back to allowing smoking, but before the ban almost every bar was a smoking bar. It took a ban to get rid of smoking in bars.

Then it should be a crime to smoke in establishments unless they have a sign on their door expressly saying that smoking is allowed inside. Similar to how in most states have laws allowing businesses to ban or allow firearms inside of their establishments, and if a gun owner walks into an establishments that has a"no guns allowed sign", they'd face charges. They same tactic and logic should be applied to smoking.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bridges View Post
It is NOT the duty of the victim to avoid the assaulter.

It IS the duty of the potential assaulter NOT to assault.

I have no obligation, whatsoever, to avoid your assaults, The burden is on you NOT to assault.

I suppose you blame women for getting raped, as well!!! That it is the DUTY of the women to avoid the rapist, NOT the duty of the rapists to respect the rights of others.

Your logic, if you can call it that, is perverse.

Bulls***! It is your responsibility as an adult to remove yourself from a situation that you don't like! Furthermore, we're not talking about rape, or bb guns, so quit trying to inject weak a** analogies into the argument!

Old 02-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:

And that should be THEIR choice to do so. If they lose money from it, then they will change their policy now won't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies