Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times

Advertisements

I've heard people saying they would report their guns stolen even when they haven't been. (Caveat: Filing a false police report is a crime, so don't do it.)

Then when the liberals pass enough laws to enable them to start confiscating people's guns (as they are doing now in California), they can say, "Sorry, Charlie, I don't have my guns any more, see police report number nnnnn."

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Reference: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post33410066
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think you are just trolling and not being serious at all. Stick to the tread and quit trying to twist an example.
LOL..... I offered a rebuttal to your position. You ran from mine.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL..... I offered a rebuttal to your position. You ran from mine.
I ran from nothing. i created an example to further help those that don't understand. Are you having a problem with that?

You are a time waster and i will not reply back and play your game.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
I think your post is deflecting.

I am not a cop and don't want to be.
Post is not deflecting at all. It is taking you to task for your pie in the sky example of great investigative work(which I have done in both the public and private sector extensively) based on the hypothetical that the normal beat cop is going to have immediate recall of all the specific reports of theft when questioning a couple of teen gang bangers they caught with a gun. FYI almost ALL teen gang bangers have guns or access to one.

Stick to things you know or can speak intelligently about as it makes your argument more persuasive and viable.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Where I live the police do not investigate theft where no one is injured, they will just say they are too busy with other things. Why should I call the cops when they are not going to do anything about it?
I do not own a gun. If I did and it was stolen, I would report it and do so because I have no idea where it's going to land or how it will be used. I would seek to establish that the gun was no longer in my possession, due to theft.

Making an insurance claim would depend on the value of property stolen and my deductible. " Claims made" can impact future premiums. Not all homeowners' policies include firearms.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
I ran from nothing. i created an example to further help those that don't understand. Are you having a problem with that?

You are a time waster and i will not reply back and play your game.
Yes I have a problem with what you said and explained why. The police do not need my input to do what is their job to start with. They are going to do what you suggested as a regular part of their job.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Don't report your gun being stolen. Why wouldn't you?
First, don't register your guns. Second, never tell LE that you had a gun stolen. The odds are you will never get it back.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I've heard people saying they would report their guns stolen even when they haven't been. (Caveat: Filing a false police report is a crime, so don't do it.)

Then when the liberals pass enough laws to enable them to start confiscating people's guns (as they are doing now in California), they can say, "Sorry, Charlie, I don't have my guns any more, see police report number nnnnn."

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Reference: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post33410066
That's a good strategy, but a better one is to never register your guns.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:39 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's a good strategy, but a better one is to never register your guns.
Please stay on topic.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:54 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Theft reports to the police...
"Long ago and far away..."
or should that be;
"Once upon a time"
An AM/SSB CB radio was stolen from my car while it was parked in my back yard, right under a street light. I reported the theft to the City Police the next morning. I gave the "investigating officer" the brand, model number, serial number, and the special identifying marks of the radio, and the fact that the radio cost a little over $250. Since the police department did not coordinate with pawn shops regarding stolen property reports, I printed a bunch of flyers to distribute to every pawn shop in town. It turned out to be a total exercise in futility. The radio was never seen again.
even longer ago, and further away, a 30-06 semi automatic rifle was stolen when my first ex-wife moved. It was a one-of-a-kind gun, as verified by a couple of well-known local gunsmiths, but since I lost the serial number, nothing could be done, according to the local cops.
I haven't bothered to report any thefts since, and I won't unless the theft involves something worth more than $1000 or so. It simply isn't worth the trouble and paperwork!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies