Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 06:08 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times

Advertisements

Sounds to me too many don't have their firearms secured, where they can be stolen. While it's their right to own one, it is also their right to be ill prepared to own one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Sounds to me too many don't have their firearms secured, where they can be stolen. While it's their right to own one, it is also their right to be ill prepared to own one.
Just curious....do you consider in your home with the doors locked as secure?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
PS Do you know how to address a point instead of worrying about a typo/auto correct on a cell phone?

The only reason my guns have a serial number is because the law requires that.

Do you want to know a secret?

At one point in time guns were sold without serial numbers, and guess what, those guns are still being bought and sold to this very day.

Do you want to know another secret?

You can make your own gun at home and you don't even need a serial number In fact, I own several ar15s "assault weapons" that do not have a serial number because I LEGALLY made them.

Please let us know how this makes you feel.
Doesn't bother me one bit. I don't care how many guns you own. Why should i? My concern is about firearm thefts and the outcome of a gun owner not reporting the theft. Are you implying that were it your neighbor that had his guns stolen just next door and you think that is none of your business and you wouldn't be concerned for your family safety?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Doesn't bother me one bit. I don't care how many guns you own. Why should i? My concern is about firearm thefts and the outcome of a gun owner not reporting the theft. Are you implying that were it your neighbor that had his guns stolen just next door and you think that is none of your business and you wouldn't be concerned for your family safety?
Right because my neighbors having their guns stolen next door dramatically increases the risk to my families safety because there are no other guns and bad guys out in society that might do us harm?

Your list of false corollaries continues to grow.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Right because my neighbors having their guns stolen next door dramatically increases the risk to my families safety because there are no other guns and bad guys out in society that might do us harm?

Your list of false corollaries continues to grow.
Doesn't matter that there are other guns. We all know that. We also know that what is no way to stop a Meth head that is hallucinating and has stolen guns in his possession and might just shoot up your house.
Sure you can shoot him if you see him.You have to see him first.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:52 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So having a gun locked inside your home is not enough? It is somehow the home owners fault that someone broke in the locked door and stole something? You probably blame the rape victim as well.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So having a gun locked inside your home is not enough? It is somehow the home owners fault that someone broke in the locked door and stole something? You probably blame the rape victim as well.
Get your head out of the sand. You are arguing about something else than this thread. Please go back and read it

The reason of the thread is: "Why wouldn't you report a fire arm of yours being stolen?" I don't care whose it is a fault as gun owner.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:04 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Get your head out of the sand. You are arguing about something else than this thread. Please go back and read it

The reason of the thread is: "Why wouldn't you report a fire arm of yours being stolen?" I don't care whose it is a fault as gun owner.
Sounds like someone does not like the answers they are getting.

You see, I answered your question a long time ago. As a thread progresses new related topics come up and are discussed, we are now 60+ posts in, the conversation can shift to other closely related issues that are still on topic, such as how a firearm is secured. After all, I will just replying to an assertion by someone else, I wonder why you didn't create this diatribe for them?

Old 02-28-2014, 08:11 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
We had 8 houses get broken into. If I wasn't told that I would have had no idea our house was broken into. The creep moved a gun case to get to a safe which he stole. He went through the house and took only money. There was nothing out of place at all as he popped a sliding door off the rail and put it back on the way out. One of the neighbors I talked to said he was home all day and didn't know this guy went through his house while he was home.

The only good part was he was eventually turned in by his own Mother.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We had 8 houses get broken into. If I wasn't told that I would have had no idea our house was broken into. The creep moved a gun case to get to a safe which he stole. He went through the house and took only money. There was nothing out of place at all as he popped a sliding door off the rail and put it back on the way out. One of the neighbors I talked to said he was home all day and didn't know this guy went through his house while he was home.

The only good part was he was eventually turned in by his own Mother.
She did the right thing for sure. A very good example. When everyone has a just mind your own business attitude.The thief continues to steal. Remember iirc that most cops think that a burglar is just one step from being a murderer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies