Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 11:36 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,681,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, if I am reading these posts correctly, when you cons make fun of Obama in the form of 'while the Ukraine burns, Obama's on the golf course' or some other such hyperbole, what you are really saying is Obama is doing the correct thing.
No. Read again.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Threatened them how?
"there will be costs for any military intervention in Ukraine,"

Old 03-03-2014, 11:39 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,271,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, if I am reading these posts correctly, when you cons make fun of Obama in the form of 'while the Ukraine burns, Obama's on the golf course' or some other such hyperbole, what you are really saying is Obama is doing the correct thing.
I have not really followed this thread but I think what he is saying is no one is afraid of the United States nor taking any of the President's threats seriously because Obama has a history of not following through. We have lost our clout so we should stop with the empty warnings. It has become embarrassing.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I have not really followed this thread but I think what he is saying is no one is afraid of the United States nor taking any of the President's threats seriously because Obama has a history of not following through. We have lost out clout so we should stop with the empty warnings. It has become embarrassing.
Why does the world ignore Obama warnings? When he started his presidency going around the world and bowing to others and apologizing.We don't talk about much these days except healthcare and gay rights. We have given our wealth away. We continue to let illegal immigrants use our resources without consequences. We don't allow people to speak their minds because they might offend someone. This is what we get when we vote liberals into office.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Things are getting interesting.
The only "interesting" thing coming out of this is that the defense minister who relayed this "threat" earlier is now changing his story and the new PM in Kiev has no comment on it and Russia came out and denied they issued any threats at all.

You really think a war can be started soly by a single low level naval officer accused of making this threat ?

Old 03-03-2014, 11:44 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,988,543 times
Quote:
Why does the world ignore Obama warnings? When he started his presidency going around the world and bowing to others and apologizing.We don't talk about much these days except healthcare and gay rights. We have given our wealth away. We continue to let illegal immigrants use our resources without consequences. We don't allow people to speak their minds because they might offend someone. This is what we get when we vote liberals into office.

I agree

Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM

27,711 posts, read 16,205,775 times
dont let your sec of defense make assinine statements for starters..

Old 03-03-2014, 11:48 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,120,153 times
Regardless of what threats that may or may not have been issued or actions taken, it's none of our business. It does not get any simpler than that.

jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,271,116 times
Quote:
Agreed. I think Obama's "there will be costs" threat was the quickest ignored threat in history.

And Kerry said everywhere Sunday "Putin's actions were motivated by weakness and out of a certain kind of desperation.". Way to go Kerry.

11,086 posts, read 8,560,387 times
This kind of thing illustrates why it's dangerous to foment unrest and engineer coups.

World War I ultimately began on rumors of troop mobilizations and attacks.

I doubt O or any of his sycophants - I mean advisors - ever learned any history though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies