Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The President never said cut household spending to afford health care. A family of three with an income of $36,000 could sign up for a bronze plan for $750 per year. Two 30 year olds could sign up for $1800 per year and a single person with the same income would be about $2400 per year. Is this excessive? All the President said was that people should consider what would happen if they didnt have insurance.
Everyone was supposed to have insurance, isnt that the point of ACA and spending $1T+ ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Yes, cut the internet and cable if that is what it takes. Again, it's up to the individual to decide what is more important for them.
It was ALWAYS up to the individual to decide whats more important for them..

The only difference now, is the choise went from
paying your cable, to paying taxes...

Yaaa, Democratic success.. screw the middle class while you jump up and down and whine about Republicans not handing you enough.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The President never said cut household spending to afford health care. A family of three with an income of $36,000 could sign up for a bronze plan for $750 per year. Two 30 year olds could sign up for $1800 per year and a single person with the same income would be about $2400 per year. Is this excessive? All the President said was that people should consider what would happen if they didnt have insurance.
Well $6K-$12K out of pocket WITH insurance doesn't help the people that don't have $6K-$12K in their bank so why bother with insurance at all ?

Remember these are the people that can't afford the premiums.
Where do you think they are going to get the deductible/out of pocket money cause Uncle Sam isn't sending them a check for that part.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! The very same conservatives who were always howling "If these deadbeats can afford cell phones and fancy manicures, they can afford health insurance!!" are now complaining.
What an about-face!
Well, it did come from Obama, so now it's something to whine and complain bitterly about....even though they were saying the same thing just a short time ago.
Yeah, the nerve of people not wanting to pay more taxes..

Werent we told people needed internet in order to find jobs? Now all of a sudden its not important. Is this an admission there are no jobs?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A family of 3 making $36,000/year can get health insurance for less than $100/month after subsidies. Nobody said health insurance would be free. Why are Republicans now complaining because there's no free ride?
And subsides need to be paid for with higher taxes..

Old 03-12-2014, 05:16 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Ok, OFA troll.....

I don't think anyone that can write the check for "luxury cars, vacation homes, and private school tuition" are having to wonder about how they are going to pay for healthcare.

However, a large portion of the population will see or has already seen the line item expense for "health insurance premiums" in their own household budget increase dramatically. Couple that with new, higher deductibles and OOP expenses, and you don't need a degree from Wharton to know there's trouble ahead.

You should complain about health insurance taking up a larger portion of your discretionary income.
No, I never complain about my income or health coverage. I have a grip on reality. If it goes up I deal with it. Life is not that complicated.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:21 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Barry doesn't care if you suffer, folks. His plan isn't really Obamacare, but for you to suffer and be bankrupt and have nothing. That's his ultimate plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Yes. Cut your family vacations, Christmas gifts for your kids, college tuition and retirement savings just to subsidize your comrade's health insurance.
Since Barry is not committed to improving the economy, of course, he doesn't want us to have any joy or fun.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:23 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Not exactly. A man might need a vehicle to get him to and from work. He might even need to use that vehicle to do his job. A man might also need internet and a *gasp* smartphone to do his job because he doesn't clock in at 8am and clock out at 5PM with an hour lunch break in between. Some of the "Non-essentials" and actually essentials for a lot of people who have to work for a living.
Nope, I don't buy that for a second.

A car is not a need thanks to public transportation and the myriad of transportation options available (ride share, cycling, taxis, coach bus). A car is a luxury that most people choose to use because it makes their life easier.

Internet and smart phones are not needs either. Internet is most likely available at your place of employment. If you are unemployed there are public computers available at public libraries or your local department of labor (where they will help you find a job). I don't have a smart phone currently, so I don't buy that at all.

My first comment stands. Food, clothing, water, shelter, pre-pay phone for emergencies, and basic health care.. that's about it as far as modern day essentials. Everything else is not necessary.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:27 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Barry doesn't care if you suffer, folks. His plan isn't really Obamacare, but for you to suffer and be bankrupt and have nothing. That's his ultimate plan.

Since Barry is not committed to improving the economy, of course, he doesn't want us to have any joy or fun.
The average Tea Party-Conservative-Republican has no idea how much their health insurance costs per month whether its paid for by Medicare, Tricare, VA, Medicaid, Private Insurance,etc.. they have absolutely no clue. Many have never bought insurance and most have even checked out Healthcare.Gov. They are pretty much as blind as the elected Republicans.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Nope, I don't buy that for a second.

A car is not a need thanks to public transportation and the myriad of transportation options available (ride share, cycling, taxis, coach bus). A car is a luxury that most people choose to use because it makes their life easier.

Internet and smart phones are not needs either. Internet is most likely available at your place of employment. If you are unemployed there are public computers available at public libraries or your local department of labor (where they will help you find a job). I don't have a smart phone currently, so I don't buy that at all.

My first comment stands. Food, clothing, water, shelter, pre-pay phone for emergencies, and basic health care.. that's about it as far as modern day essentials. Everything else is not necessary.
So what? When others suggested people cut back BEFORE ACA was the law of the land, all we heard was left wingers whine and cry because people on welfare need their internet to find jobs so they can stop collecting.

Now all of a sudden, it doesnt matter..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies