Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I can't imagine what his parents are going through right now. Sad.
"We raised an idiot!"

Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Other than the loaded gun and the dead boyfriend.
Neither of which has anything to do with the stated presumptions.

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Father admits to arguing with the kid prior to shooting him

Question is whether the kid told the father that he knew his daughter, something tells me he did, but we'll never know because he is dead.

This situation is a clusterf*** no matter how you look at it. Having said that, why in the world would the kid even attempt to argue with the girl's father? It's his house. The kid isn't exactly in a position to argue.

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
There is nothing in the original story to validate either of those assumptions.
Father was angry, waving a gun, capable of killing someone, and confronted his daughter about whether she was bedding this young kid.

yeah, she was not in fear, she lied for the hell of it.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This situation is a clusterf*** no matter how you look at it. Having said that, why in the world would the kid even attempt to argue with the girl's father? It's his house. The kid isn't exactly in a position to argue.
If the daughter denied knowing him and banging him, then I could see how he would argue.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Father was angry, waving a gun, capable of killing someone, and confronted his daughter about whether she was bedding this young kid.

yeah, she was not in fear, she lied for the hell of it.

It's sad the logic people use around here.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM

87 posts, read 140,591 times
Texas has a mentality of Insanity
Grab the Gun
React
Ask Questions Later
The daughter destroyed and ruined a lot of lives with her LIE

Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
If the daughter had told her father that she knew the boy, there may have been a different outcome.

The daughter inadvertently escalated the whole situation.
Agreed. I don't know if she can be charged with anything - reckless endangerment perhaps - but she dang sure should be. That does not absolve her father however.

Quote:
if you think someone is a home invader you are not going to ask your daughter if she is banging him.
Exactly and yet I have no doubt the spin will continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This is where moms come in they are better seeing through the tricks daughters play than fathers. A lot of dads think their daughters are virtuous princesses when in reality they are anything but.
You all do have a bit of a blind spot where daughters are concerned. A very soft and squishy blind spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is so true. I would love to see any rational gun owner come on here and condemn this man's actions. There is no need to defend every shooting (even the movie theatre texting) ~ just to prove guns are peachy.
It seems to me gun defenders would be far better off to condemn this sort of thing because it makes them sound reasonable and aware but clearly some disagree.

Working_Hard, I can only assume you're either trolling or amusing yourself by playing the extreme devil's advocate. If you really believe everything you're saying...I feel for you.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHPA611 View Post
Texas has a mentality of Insanity
Grab the Gun
React
Ask Questions Later
The daughter destroyed and ruined a lot of lives with her LIE
Self preservation.

An enraged man with a gun asks you questions, you better tell him what he wants to hear.

Was I banging him dad, hell no, did I sneak him in and dishonor our family, no way Jose, did I disobey you, not in a million years.

She's still alive, and I'm sure she's glad about that.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:06 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
I'd be curious to find out how righties react when they realize that the father/shooter was Black.
Exactly the same way. You think I believe black fathers don't have just as much right to protect their families as white people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies