Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 11:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Very few teens get killed for sneaking into their girlfriends room, this aint Saudia Arabia.

The USA does not have Sharia Law.

Nobody said anything about Sharia Law in the US. Nevertheless, the kid sneaking into the house at 2AM to bang his daughter, or any teen doing boy doing it is taking a big risk by doing so. Bad s*** can and does happen. I would hope that when my son becomes a teen that I've taught him to be smart enough not to take risks such as this kid. Trust me, I know people with daughters who would more than likely have reacted the same way. I'm not saying it's right, because I'm one to think things out first. I probably would have warned the kid either "I have a gun" or "you have until the count of 3 to get your a** out of my house before I feed your nuts to you!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Agreed, no one handled that situation well. Its definitely not something where I think any one person is at fault, I don't think that the father should be demonized as just walking in and shooting the kid, but I also don't think that he should walk free. Similarly for the daughter.

Yeah the daughter certainly isn't blameless.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I can understand how this incident could happen, but you posted earlier that if you found someone in your daughter's room, you would shoot and then ascertain later who that person was. At least this dad seems to have tried to determine whether this guy was there at his daughter's request.

I just think shooting first and asking questions later is stupid. At least make sure it's not someone known to your kid first. How many times do we hear about a dad killing his own kid thinking it was a burglar? At that point, you aren't thinking you were justified because your kid shouldn't have been walking through the house late at night. You're mourning the fact that you will never see your child again.
I stated that once I knew where my daughter was, I would shoot anyone else in the room. This presumes that I have already established that there was no possibility of my wife being in that room. With the location of my family members known, there is no valid reason to not shoot any other party present. My kid knows better than to bring someone into the house without notifying us. At her present age, no one comes in unless my wife or I admit them or are present as they enter.

When something goes bump in the night, I usually awaken. When my wife has said "I heard something" I'm instantly on full alert. My gun takes me about 7 seconds to grab, another second to chamber a round. First stop is my daughter's room to ascertain her safety and location - all in the light of only the nightlights. After that, flashlight (off) in my left hand and gun raised in my right, I seek the source of any noises. Were I to go into my daughter's room and see anyone, the flashlight comes on instantly, bright enough to surprise and at least momentarily blind, and allow me to see what I'm about to shoot before I pull the trigger. If someone other than my daughter is in her room, I'd make sure she was not in the line of fire and open up - no discussion, no explanation, and no regrets.

If my daughter had cause to ask a friend over, I'd expect to be informed. "Hey, it's late and Suzy's having a fight with her parents. Can she come over?" No problems and I'd be up to make sure everything's ok. I find some stranger in her room in the middle of the night? That's a different case altogether.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
The kids should have waited for marriage.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:31 AM

679 posts, read 615,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I stated that once I knew where my daughter was, I would shoot anyone else in the room. This presumes that I have already established that there was no possibility of my wife being in that room. With the location of my family members known, there is no valid reason to not shoot any other party present. My kid knows better than to bring someone into the house without notifying us. At her present age, no one comes in unless my wife or I admit them or are present as they enter.

When something goes bump in the night, I usually awaken. When my wife has said "I heard something" I'm instantly on full alert. My gun takes me about 7 seconds to grab, another second to chamber a round. First stop is my daughter's room to ascertain her safety and location - all in the light of only the nightlights. After that, flashlight (off) in my left hand and gun raised in my right, I seek the source of any noises. Were I to go into my daughter's room and see anyone, the flashlight comes on instantly, bright enough to surprise and at least momentarily blind, and allow me to see what I'm about to shoot before I pull the trigger. If someone other than my daughter is in her room, I'd make sure she was not in the line of fire and open up - no discussion, no explanation, and no regrets.

If my daughter had cause to ask a friend over, I'd expect to be informed. "Hey, it's late and Suzy's having a fight with her parents. Can she come over?" No problems and I'd be up to make sure everything's ok. I find some stranger in her room in the middle of the night? That's a different case altogether.
So creating completely hypothetical situation. Like you said, with yours Suzy's having a fight, but in my scenario you were for some reason or other indisposed and your wife gave the ok to allow the friend to stay. You arrive home at 1:59am and crash in your bed and shortly after you hear a sound (Suzy coming back from the restroom) and go through your routine and shoot Suzy because they are someone other than your daughter in her room.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the kid called the guys daughter a lying *****, which probably really pissed off the dad.
Well, she was sort of a lying *****. Dad's pointing a gun at your late night rendevous, most likely invited over for a little nookie. Yeah both kids are engaging in some risky business already before that but didn't expect a dad with a gun barging in.

But then the girl goes "Oh my god, I don't know who this guy is!" The boy exclaims "WTF?!" Angry dad gets scared and angrier, the kid maybe goes to run out the window or something and dad blasts him Dirty Harry-style.

Then the stupid daughter breaks down crying and goes, "Oh dad, that was just my f**k buddy Josh." Dad realizes what happens and has a panic attack and is wheeled out of the house along with a corpse.

Good job, you stupid morons. All three of them.

Last edited by Deezus; 03-14-2014 at 11:47 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 11:50 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
It would have been wise for the father to have listened for a few seconds before going in.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:52 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
The daughter should have made up some Titanic suicide attempt scene story like "I was leaning over the window, fainted, and stopped breathing for a while, and I would have died if this guy I don't know hadn't came through the window and gave me CPR".

Dad would have asked "Was that the way it was, son?", and the kid would reply "Yes, sir."

The father seems so dumb that he might have still let the kid go even after noting how odd it was that if the girl was not breathing that her "rescuer" had time to remove all his clothes before performing mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:53 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
In the old days the dad would've just forced the kid at gunpoint to marry his daugher. Sad how things have changed.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:56 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
#1 killer in ghetto america
I can jump on this dude he is just bluffing with that 9mm

Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 AM

679 posts, read 615,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
#1 killer in ghetto america
I can jump on this dude he is just bluffing with that 9mm
Nope, still circulatory diseases, just like the rest of America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies