Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 05:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Indeed. The boy who was apparently INVITED in - was also guilty until proven innocent. No facts, just speculation - and he got the death penalty.

So a few people on an anymous internet message board want to discuss it - so?

You know, I can get on board with beating the crap of him (possibly both) - but I can't get on board with killing him.
Yep...........apparently some here think it's fine to have a guys spend the nigh with their daughter. Just nuts. I would beat the crap out of him............or try to anyway........and yes then her........figuratively of course. These dummies who think it's fine to let a guy spend the night with their daughter are just loons.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:21 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaraka66 View Post
Oh, you don't believe in justice for the boys father ?
What justice is the boys' father entitled to? That his dimwit son was caught in a girls bedroom in the middle of the night, not bright enough to anticipate what would happen? That jackass should get a bill for the bullet used and for cleaning the carcass out of the room.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:25 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I'm pro-gun, but this case stinks............From the age of 16 to 18, I snuck my girlfriend out and into her room multiple times a week. She insisted and would get mad, if more then a few days went by and we did not mess around. Yeah, I was a horn dog of a lad myself, so not blaming her. Her dad was a retired Army boot camp drill Sargent and mean as a rabid dog. He caught me one time and even he did not shoot me. Threatened to whip my ass and slammed me into the wall, but no shooting. He knew his daughter, lol.

This gives gun owners a bad mark. No reason to shot the kid.
Well, for one thing her dad apparently knew you, which from the reporting this father did not know this kid. And I still say if this dad had merely walked in on them, he probably would have handled the whole thing differently. Instead, he was woken in the middle of the night with a report of someone being in his daughter's room, and then his daughter claimed not to know him. Can't you see the difference here?

Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What justice is the boys' father entitled to? That his dimwit son was caught in a girls bedroom in the middle of the night, not bright enough to anticipate what would happen? That jackass should get a bill for the bullet used and for cleaning the carcass out of the room.
I wouldn't go that far. Kids are kids and they do dumb things. They don't deservre to be killed for it. That is the only problem I have here.........he should have been beaten and thrown out and pappy should have then had a long talk with the girl about what the hell she is doing. But we are where we are in this story.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Update:

Charges unlikely for Houston dad accused of shooting daughter

Old 03-14-2014, 05:27 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,674,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The kind of justice that any father is entitled when his son his murdered. If he doesn't get in court, I have to admit I wouldn't be too upset if he got it himself by other means.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The kind of justice that any father is entitled when his son his murdered. If he doesn't get in court, I have to admit I wouldn't be too upset if he got it himself by other means.
I would have to weigh the parameters.............but I tend to agree with you.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:48 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaraka66 View Post
Oh, you don't believe in justice for the boys father ? \.
Why didn't the boy's father know he wasn't home? The boy was only 17, why was he out at 2:20 am? What justice does the father deserve? The kid was in a house he had no business being in and that's the only fact here, it's a tragic story but there is not enough information to draw a verdict at this point.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why didn't the boy's father know he wasn't home? The boy was only 17, why was he out at 2:20 am? What justice does the father deserve? The kid was in a house he had no business being in and that's the only fact here, it's a tragic story but there is not enough information to draw a verdict at this point.
Yes I blame the boys parents too. I have a seventeen year old boy and if he isn't home by midnight I'm after his ass in a big way.............nine on school days. No way you let your teenage boy be gone for the night. How do people do that? I guess they don't care.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:57 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The son was not murdered. He was caught by the homeowner inside the bedroom of a 16 year old girl who, when confronted by her father, denied knowing who he was. He then, when ordered at gunpoint to remain still, made a move to reach for something which as far as the present father/homeowner knew, might have been a weapon. Believing under the circumstances that danger was imminent, the father justifiably fired on him.

The short version is that the kid was just too stupid to live.

His father should be ashamed for not teaching him a bit better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies