Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 10:07 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times

Advertisements

The people cheering this shooting is the reason why we need gun regulation.

There are some responsible gun owners that will only use a gun to preserve life, unfortunately there are some nutcases that are itching to shoot someone.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:08 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
One would hope that a man might stop to ascertain that anyone inyour daughter's room was known to your daughter. What if you shot her best friend? What if you shot her accidentally? It's not very smart to shoot first and ask questions later. That's as stupid as that cop whl shot a kid answering his own door with a game controller in his hand.
According to THE DAUGHTER, she did NOT know the man in question. That is what she told her father. The mindset at 2:00...a stranger is in the house, in his teenage daughter's bedroom...and she claims to not know him. What RESPONSIBLE parent would not be "on edge" with a stranger in his teenage daughter's bedroom in the middle of the night? His reaching for "something" would be very reasonable to expect as reaching for a weapon.

Lessons to be learned...if you want to bang your boyfriend in your parent's house in the middle of the night, WHILE THEY ARE IN THE NEXT ROOM...either don't do it, or don't lie about it and put someone else's life at risk. I have to wonder if she will be prosecuted for manslaughter? This situation is similar to the old "yelling fire in a crowded theater" one. She didn't kill anyone but through her actions (and the young mans) she created the situation that caused it to happen.

So...what is the father supposed to do? "OK, you're in my daughters bedroom in the middle of the night, she doesn't know you. OK, carry on, I'm going back to bed".

Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Exactly the same way. You think I believe black fathers don't have just as much right to protect their families as white people?
Exactly. I'm glad you were able to correct the racist statement from the previous poster.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:10 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,114,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The people cheering this shooting is the reason why we need gun regulation.

There are some responsible gun owners that will only use a gun to preserve life, unfortunately there are some nutcases that are itching to shoot someone.
You obviously have more information than what is available about this situation, other than what you have surmised.

Are you familiar with being innocent until proven guilty?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
According to THE DAUGHTER, she did NOT know the man in question. That is what she told her father. The mindset at 2:00...a stranger is in the house, in his teenage daughter's bedroom...and she claims to not know him. What RESPONSIBLE parent would not be "on edge" with a stranger in his teenage daughter's bedroom in the middle of the night? His reaching for "something" would be very reasonable to expect as reaching for a weapon.

Lessons to be learned...if you want to bang your boyfriend in your parent's house in the middle of the night, WHILE THEY ARE IN THE NEXT ROOM...either don't do it, or don't lie about it and put someone else's life at risk. I have to wonder if she will be prosecuted for manslaughter? This situation is similar to the old "yelling fire in a crowded theater" one. She didn't kill anyone but through her actions (and the young mans) she created the situation that caused it to happen.
All she has to do is say that she lied because she feared for her life

That should be very easy to do.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
All she has to do is say that she lied because she feared for her life

That should be very easy to do.
??? Can you 'splan the logic here?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
You obviously have more information than what is available about this situation, other than what you have surmised.

Are you familiar with being innocent until proven guilty?
I know that anyone who cheers the shooting of an innocent 17 year old should not have access to guns.

The comment was more about his defenders than his actions.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
From the story, the father shot after the teen appeared to be reaching for something after being told to stay still and after the statement was made that the daughter did not know him. How long would you wait under such circumstances? If my daughter had a male "best friend" in her room, unbeknownst to me and under such conditions at 2:00am, I'd shoot first also. And I'm practiced enough to hit my intended target.
That's awful. I think shtupting your daughter is not a death penalty offense. A call to the police, maybe, but more likely a call to his parents. You don't make a good case for gun rights, so please stop.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
That's awful. I think shtupting your daughter is not a death penalty offense. A call to the police, maybe, but more likely a call to his parents. You don't make a good case for gun rights, so please stop.
Shoot first, ask questions later, Hee haw!!

Seriously, no healthy person looks forward to killing another person.

People like that should never possess firearms.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
The comment was more about his defenders than his actions.
Big difference in defending the justification of the shooting verses cheering (as you state).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies