Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm pro death penalty, but think it should be clean and without suffering. This is just terrible. Why not bring back the firing squad? Also, they refused to pay more for his last meal? Unbelievable.

Oklahoma Inmate Dies After Execution Is Botched - ABC News

It took almost 45 minutes for him to die, with him at one point into the execution sitting up and saying "something's wrong." The officials said it was hard to watch. He was sentenced to death 20 years ago after aiding in killing and witnessing the live burial of Stephanie Neiman.
at this point i say big deal. he was sentenced to death, and in the end he was executed. personally i think executions are to easy on the criminal anyway. they should suffer like their victims suffered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
All executions get liberals would out. Why we should just shoot em and move on before the crying starts. You don't like our justice system..........then move.

What you keep bringing up Salem for I don't know. I guess you don't know what goes on in the world today. So it goes.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
at this point i say big deal. he was sentenced to death, and in the end he was executed. personally i think executions are to easy on the criminal anyway. they should suffer like their victims suffered.
My opinion too........suffer like those you made suffer.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Obviously if you are executed and there is huge doubt over your culpability you did not receive a fair trial.

No, I do not decide who gets a fair trial because I do not give the government, juries, or judges authority to decide who lives and who dies. My solution -- life in prison -- makes mistakes reversible. Capital punishment allows an innocent man to be executed and potentially to take 45 minutes to do so.

Again, I want to know peoples' opinions on the Amanda Knox case. Because I have seen so much shaming over the Italian justice system over this girl's conviction when she is probably not guilty. But Italy is not trying to execute her and take 45 minutes to do so.

But we have such fair trials and such a wonderful justice system in this country. Ask the witches executed in Salem.
You keep comparing these executions to the Salem Witch Trials when they aren't anything of the sort. The Salem Witch Trials were not decided by a jury, and they were based on false circumstantial evidence (witness accusations). Aside from the one man you cited in Texas, there isn't much evidence that other innocent people are being executed. The vast majority are violent murderers who raped and/or tortured their victims before killing them.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:00 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All executions get liberals would out. Why we should just shoot em and move on before the crying starts. You don't like our justice system..........then move.

What you keep bringing up Salem for I don't know. I guess you don't know what goes on in the world today. So it goes.
The constitution says no cruel and unusual punishment. If you don't like that, YOU get out. Ad hominem meets with ad hominem

Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
The constitution says no cruel and unusual punishment. If you don't like that, YOU get out. Ad hominem meets with ad hominem
Tell that to your criminal heroes you support.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You keep comparing these executions to the Salem Witch Trials when they aren't anything of the sort. The Salem Witch Trials were not decided by a jury, and they were based on false circumstantial evidence (witness accusations). Aside from the one man you cited in Texas, there isn't much evidence that other innocent people are being executed. The vast majority are violent murderers who raped and/or tortured their victims before killing them.
I can find other examples. I need to go through my bookmarks. But frankly, even one innocent man being executed in a "free" and "democratic" country is a disgusting travesty and enough to turn me against capital punishment for ever. A man was put to death by our government for doing nothing. A life was extinguished with taxpayer money for no reason. If that doesn't outrage you, I can give you a thousand examples and that won't either.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:06 PM

Your "one man" is usually there for a reason. Most reasons prior. You go support your killers and child molesters though. I don't.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your "one man" is usually there for a reason. Most reasons prior. You go support your killers and child molesters though. I don't.
Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did I support killers and child molesters?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM

Wiki.............lol

When did you..........go back and read your posts. Unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies