Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 05:40 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
Welcome to AmeriKa 2014. We are governed by a Regime that thinks itself Royalty. Is this nation ever going to wake up? It is shameful that we and our Congress have allowed it to get to this point. Children turning-in parents is exactly what Nazi Germany did and what Pol Pot had children do in Cambodia. Wake up, AmeriKa!!!
Who the hell is talking about children turning in their parents. She told Seniors grauating high school to say something to the person if they make a racist comment in the workplace, at the dinner table, etc.

Seriously there is nothing even remotely Controversial about her comment, et the righties go ape s***.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
[quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
At least since Nancy Reagan: A Brief History of First Ladies and Their Causes - Photo Essays
- TIME

This is another non-issue the Right is going to flail over because Michelle
Obama said it.

She's encouraging us to eat healthy? FASCIST.
So she is a qualified nutritionist, right?
Quote:

She wants us to exercise? COMMUNIST.
She has qualified as a physical therapist trainer, right?

Quote:
She wants us to confront racism? SPY.
She causes more racism by actions such as these, as she well knows.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Perhaps because it was in relation to the 60th Anniversary of Brown vs the Board of Education in Topeka??
Fair enough......just today she ought to give them joy, not victimhood. Tell them what they can be, not that she comes from slavery, right here in the United States. Any where else she probably would not be First Lady.......she acted as if the USA hasn't advanced much.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
There are not many points where I would agree with Michelle, but I think she's !00% right on this one. If you let someone slide for dissing someone based on skin, you're letting them diss a fellow American and brother/sister. Why let them get away with that unless you're some kind of wuss who can't speak up?

Only caveat is that this is vanishingly rare, at least among my friends and family. Even homophobia is on its way out.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:50 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There are not many points where I would agree with Michelle, but I think she's !00% right on this one. If you let someone slide for dissing someone based on skin, you're letting them diss a fellow American and brother/sister. Why let them get away with that unless you're some kind of wuss who can't speak up?

Only caveat is that this is vanishingly rare, at least among my friends and family. Even homophobia is on its way out.
Where does "brother/sister" come into it? Oh, do you mean "brotha" and "sista"? In that case, right on my ****a! Keepin' it real!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:51 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Fair enough......just today she ought to give them joy, not victimhood. Tell them what they can be, not that she comes from slavery, right here in the United States. Any where else she probably would not be First Lady.......she acted as if the USA hasn't advanced much.

We have gone a long way, but aren't completely there yet, and you have the power to help make that change complete is victimhood?? On what planet??

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You've said that a few times in this thread which leads me believe you want someone to ask you what turned you into a racist. So I'm asking...... I'm more inclined to believe that you just came out of the closet as a racist. It's been there all along but you didn't show it, maybe didn't even know your true feelings until a black family moved into the White House.
Could it be a personal experience......one can say things, doesn't mean they have to share. Not everything results in hating the President.

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

"Let someone".....that could be a bad conversation.

Just who do you think you are????

Old 05-19-2014, 05:52 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Why don't you actually read the speech and get back to us. It was all about advancement and how far we've come in 60 years since the Brown vs the Board of Education decision that actually started at the school she was speaking at. And why is it that so many Obama haters on this thread assume she was speaking to a mostly black audience? I've seen nothing to back that assumption up.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:59 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
You both seem angry, after listening to the First lady her hateful views of America have not changed. She doesn't believe America has come any farther than the 50's why is that? Oprah is rich, rappers are rich, NFL/NBA players are making $$$$ where is it that blacks are still in the 50's stuck in the soup line?

Some people cast stones about the past and forget they told everyone else to move forward. What's up with a depressing speech, about the 1950's.
You didn't listen to her speech did you? In no way was it depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies