Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Perhaps because it was in relation to the 60th Anniversary of Brown vs the Board of Education in Topeka??
Careful. Details are a dangerous thing in P&OC.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:54 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,065 times
This atrocious "thought policewoman" and sad excuse for a human should seriously go somewhere and die.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes.....a good deal of it is.
Stop it. You do know that people didn't suddenly become racist just because Obama was elected.

"Well Obama just got elected. Time for me to start hating black people now. I'll be sure not to hire any to drill holes in mud."

Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
this frigging witch and her husband are race baiters look who his best pal is Al Sharpton
that alone would cause me to stick a sack on my head if anyone knew I voted for the hack
good grief what must their dinner conversation be like
all they are doing to do try and keep their base whipped up
these people are worthless!!
his polls are dropping as fast as Michelle ass

Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
This atrocious "thought policewoman" and sad excuse for a human should seriously go somewhere and die.
Just when you thought this thread couldn't go further into the gutter.....

Old 05-19-2014, 02:57 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
So that's interesting, talking to your own family and giving them your opinion is deemed spying when Michelle Obama says this is a way we can move forward on race in America? LOL
It's not the place of the wife of an elected official to form the opinion of my child based on her wants or opinions on how the world should be viewed. Right or wrong (in anyone else's opinion), it's my child and people like her have ZERO place in raising or educating my child.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:58 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,715 times
The name of Queensryche's third studio album tells it all.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It's not the place of the wife of an elected official to form the opinion of my child based on her wants or opinions on how the world should be viewed. Right or wrong (in anyone else's opinion), it's my child and people like her have ZERO place in raising or educating my child.
Wow. That is what you got from that quote? I think some people should have a refresher course in reading comprehension with a follow up on jumping to inane conclusions.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Huh? What are you talking about?

First off the moment your child encounters other human beings that means your child is learning from those human beings and not only learning from you.

So the idea that a parent could believe that no one else will educate their child is just insane and would demand that a child only be exposed to his or her parent.

Secondly what politicians and the spouses of politicians sometimes do is talk about the things that they believe in or are pushing to influence other human beings. Weird I know, but that is how representative government works.

So it is an illogical conclusion to reach that Michelle Obama by speaking is trying to control anyone's child.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So it seems you would prefer children to be indoctrinated with the racism of their parents in their own home as opposed to talking to their parents about what they said was actually racist?

It seems weird, but it seems like you guys are getting upset at the notion of not being able to be racist in your own home in front of your children or other family members without being called on it. That's the vibe I'm getting from all these posts complaining about what she said.

"If I wanna be racist in my house, let me be racist without my kids calling me out!!!"
That's exactly right. You nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies