Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 03:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Liberal this, Detroit that, gun grabber, etc,.

Back to talk radio Mr. "Informed".
Harrier doesn't have time to listen much radio although he has caught some of the Kings playoff games on the wireless.

Your pathetic response is proof positive of Harrier's assertion that you are irrational.

Otherwise, you would have presented some facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 03:43 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Quote:
Liberal this, Detroit that, gun grabber, etc,.

Back to talk radio Mr. "Informed".
When he goes back to Talk Radio, do you go back to HuffPo and MSNBC?

Old 06-10-2014, 03:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Background checks, licensing, and tracking of guns. It's as simple as that. It's sensible, it wouldn't stop law abiding people from having guns. People have a right to vote...but the government administrates it.

The problem is that the element that actually REALLY pushes the current situation is the element that believes it is or will be at war with the government. It's a fringe-nut belief system that somehow has been bought into by far too man people who aren't fringe-nuts in their everyday lives. This fringe-nut belief system has enabled nuts to get their hands on guns far to easily.

And yeah, a stilleto shoe is as dangerous as a glock.

I can't give that thought process the only reasonable response it deserves, which is an insult.
so background checks, licensing, and tracking of guns is going to magically end gun violence? is that what you are suggesting?

Quote:
It's funny that gun nuts talk about "brain washing" of so-called "gun-grabbers" (which includes anyone who simply wants some sense put into the whole thing.)

I've never been on a website or read a single book about "gun grabbing" or gun laws. My opinions are simply common sense developed over decades of actual rational thought.

With all these "pencils are dangerous weapons" fools you have here, it's fairly obvious who spends more time frequenting "brainwashing" forums and websites, and it isn't the "gun grabbers." You really have to be severely short on common sense, intellect, or maturity to think that is a valid comparison.
you almost made me laugh with this post. the fact is that pencils are dangerous weapons when used in a certain manner, you are just too blind to see it. and the idea that somehow, as a pointed out before, licensing, and background checks, and tracking of guns is not going to magically end gun violence. all it will do is stop some law abiding citizens from owning guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
90 homicides so far this year in the D...I believe 10 of those were deemed justifiable (I guess a firearm for protection does work), there were over 300 homocides last year. Why hasn't there been outrage for these ?

Detroit homicide update: 90 year-to-date killings in 2014 a 24 percent decline | MLive.com
because those 90 people in detroit are not cute cuddly white rich kids, so the media doesnt care about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, they're happening in a country with as many guns as people. That a far right or a center right party happens to be in power at the time is probably less a factor than that.
center right party in power? who would that be? it certainly is not the democrats(who in fact ARE in power now), and most of the republicans are barely on the right these days also.

the problem with liberalism is that they are the ones that have cheapened life through pushing for easy abortions on demand. and ever since gun violence has been on the increase. liberals have pushed policies of cheap life, and then get outraged when someone goes out and proves their efforts to be successful.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:47 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Clearly, the problem is that enough people just aren't packing...

Oh, and for those keeping score at home? This is school-shooting #74 in the United States since Sandy Hook.
School Shootings in America Since Sandy Hook | Everytown for Gun Safety - School Shootings in America Since Sandy Hook

Sadly, the Onion nails it:

Quote:
ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,†said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.†At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.â€
"No Way To Prevent This," Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 06-10-2014, 03:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
BREAKING means right now, the date of the post, genius.
Well, I see you edited your title.

Thank you, and so sorry it had to be explained to you.

You're welcome.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This time in Oregon. The Second Amendment bites again. Had enough America? I didn't think so.

Cops: Shooter dead at Oregon high school - CBS News
How would gun control stop this?

Old 06-10-2014, 03:51 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The new term they are using for this is "social revenge".

Deadly Dreams: What Motivates School Shootings? - Scientific American
Yet some of these killings now display a new quality: they are premeditated and choreographed, down to the weapons used and the clothes worn.
Access to weapons is yet a further cause for alarm, indicating that the youth has the means to turn fantasy into reality.
I had no idea that murder wasn't politically correct any more. I need to expand my reading material some.

I and every one of my friends growing up had access to weapons. I didn't know what a gun safe was until I had graduated from college. We had gun cabinets and the nicer ones had doors so you didn't have to dust your long guns as often. Locks were unheard of. It never crossed my mind to take "social revenge" on anyone. If I had a beef, we settled it and were friends afterwards. A little bruised up but friends.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:54 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsunknown View Post
#notonemoregunlaw
I will not give up my rights because someone abused theirs. If you scream your going to kill the president and congress, that's your abuse of your freedom of speech and should not limit my right to free speech. The Second amendment is part of the first 10 in the bill of rights, it has been determined and rightfully so its an individual right by the SCOTUS. Its just stupid to twist the constitution into a pretzel to try to make it say its a collective state right.

How many kids can be killed by a gas bomb, fertilizer bomb? How many did McVeigh kill with some fertilizer and a Ryder truck? He took out a whole building and day care facility. Most of you liberals do not understand what a gun is, how it works about as much as you understand a chain saw. You see a tool and your scared and want to hide under a blanket and make the bad tool go away. You have no idea of what it means to do things yourself, most of you would not know which end of a screw driver to use if you did not watch a Youtube video first. Its you who are the problem not us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Mark is really onto something. Because being nuts...BUT a vegetative, big pharma bot is just a much better reality.

Being a liberal doesn't mean one doesn't know about guns, for I am a member of the NRA and read, The American Rifleman every month. But I don'r have to buy Rambo myth and the 2nd Amendment crap they try to sell me.

and

in regards to the idea of chemically keeping mentally ill in check. To quote Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, "I'd ratuher be a hammer than a nail, yes I would. yes I would, if I only could." (From Pasa el Condor-a beautifl song (Try to find a copy done in Quechua) from Peru and Bolivia).

Old 06-10-2014, 03:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you for bringing this issue to light. Troubled children often take meds BECAUSE they are troubled.
Troubled kids take meds because neither their parents nor their teachers want to fool with them. Doctors give them the easy way out.

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Old 06-10-2014, 03:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One pill makes you larger

And Leon's getting larger! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies