Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 02:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, who is emotional here? Hilarious.
You are.

You certainly are not rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa
How many more times do we have to see the terrified faces of our children being lead from their schools,their schools for Godsake, with their hands in the air, or grieving widows, mothers, fathers, and children who lost a parent, or car washes for the dead, communities swept up in disbelief and grief, before we put an end to the insanity of guns, guns, guns everywhere and the inevitable carnage it leads to. The right of the people to keep and bear arms has to take a back seat to the right of the people to live without fear as they go about their lives. How many have to die before this anachronistic 2nd Amendment gets repealed, we enact sensible gun legislation, and we put this terrible chapter of our history behind us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Where in the constitution do you see the bolded as a right?

How will repealing the 2nd Amendment stop criminals from acquiring firearms?

If you want to repeal the 2nd Amendment, what is stopping you?

The amendment process is outlined in Article V of the U.S. Constitution.

Call your state legislative representative and get the ball rolling.

Are you proud to be in favor of denying law abiding citizens their civil rights?
You know, you're right. We must all go about living our lives in terror because freedom from gun goons is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, and of course we all know that living in terror is exactly what our revered Founders intended with the Second Amendment.

Je&u& H. Christ tap dancing on a cracker. You gun goons have completely lost it.

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nevermind the shooting in Las Vegas last weekend.

Has a sane person ever gone on a shooting spree?

It would be nice to simply cut through all the crap and just keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, but we can't keep guns out of ANYBODY'S HANDS in this country. So sadly this kind of thing will never stop, and there's no solution.
Question 11-f on BATFE form 4473 - http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/downl...f-f-4473-1.pdf Answer Yes to this question and you don't get a gun. Answer No and the NICS check shows otherwise - you have lied on a federal form which is a felony.

Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:56 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
My point is that anything can be a weapon in the hands of a person who wants to use it to harm someone.

Anything.

There's also poison.
Right, and my point is that there are questions of degree and a gun is designed specifically to kill and is a very effective means to do so...

..but something tells me that no matter how many times someone tries to pound that simple thought through your skull, in 2 months when an incident like this happens again, you'll repeat the same tired ignorant crap about a toothpick being equivalent to a gun or something else that I shouldn't even be wasting my precious time left on this earth bothering with this.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Yet, very, very few (if any) mass shooters are NRA members.

Hmmmm.........

Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You know, you're right. We must all go about living our lives in terror because it's not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, and of course we all know that living that way is exactly what our revered Founders intended with the Second Amendment.

Je&u& H. Christ tap dancing on a cracker. You gun goons have completely lost it.
Do you live your life in terror? I don't, the odds of being killed in a mass shooting are astronomically low.

What sort of measure do want taken to prevent mass shootings?

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
That is an excellent question. Let me ask you something, please. Are you truly open to having a respectful discussion of options? Or is this doomed to be a futile battle of intransigent ideology that will go absolutely nowhere? Because that's usually the outcome of things here at P&OC, and, frankly, I'm just not in the mood. I have wasted enough time here today already.
I can't answer for him but I'd be more than willing to have a civil and rational discussion with you about the expansion of gun laws..... although if you aren't willing to debate the merits of your proposals, it's probably not worth either of our time to go any further.

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
If you aren't up for the challenge.
Thank you for making your position clear. You are not interested in having a respectful discussion of the issue in which we will both make a concerted effort to understand the position of the other. This is the way every thread goes on P&OC. This issue is not a game to me, and I won't be goaded into playing one. Period.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You know, you're right. We must all go about living our lives in terror because freedom from gun goons is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, and of course we all know that living in terror is exactly what our revered Founders intended with the Second Amendment.

You should always be aware of your surroundings but "terror" seems like overboard. Take your proposed utopia a little further down the road. How do you get to full protection without a complete police state?

Why the name calling? If I'm not mistaken, I've asked that of you before and never received an answer.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
how many guns did timothy mcveigh use again? oh that's right.
Also, Mohammed Atta and his compadres used a handful of razor blades to kill nearly 3,000 people in a couple hours.

On long flights, the pilots have to exit the cockpit to use the lavatory, and a first class passenger bent on taking over the cockpit could do so at that moment without any weapon whatsoever - yet we harass families with infants, and old women in wheelchairs.

At a nearby Army recruiting station, a sign states that "the ultimate weapon is your mind".

Guns are just tools - it is the mind behind their use that makes them either a force for good or evil.

Liberals can't comprehend that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies