Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
This happens in Chicago on every warm weekend. And, 95% of the shootings are on the south and west sides which are gang infested hoods.

It's actually more of a surprise in Chicago when there aren't a high number of shootings.

Life is tough in da hood.
Gangs, and with gang life comes things like drug dealing and turf. People get shot over being in the wrong gang territory, or some kind of vengeance. Gang life in quite violent. Basically mirrors war when you think about it.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:11 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know there is more to violent crime than race. Proof of that, look at the links below.
Kentucky Murder Rate | Kentucky homicide rates outdo those of major cities - Baltimore Sun

The Violence Bred By Poverty Whether In Poorest Appalachia Or Poorest Philadelphia, Joblessness And Desperation Can Bring A Whole New Way Of Living - And Dying. - Philly.com

Granted, those are old links, but this stuff has been known to happen.

Violent crime isn't the only purview of poor Blacks. It happens among poor Hispanic people, and some poor White people. I've been jumped and beaten up by middle class White kids before, so I have personal experience. What I was talking about is this. So many people want to point to being Black, and only that, as a reason for crime. Basically, people are trying to say "Blacks are a problem", rather than, there are alot of problems among poor Blacks that results in violent crime. It is basically "They do that because that is what Blacks do, they are a violent race". And I would have to consider that their own solutions might be something like "exclude Blacks from society" or "kick Blacks out". Being Black, I have to consider that such persons might want to do that to me.
Anything from this century???

Old 07-06-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Anything from this century???
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publicatio...aspx?ID=200355

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/cik_2009.pdf

And I notice something else. You didn't even attempt to discuss the rest of what I wrote.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartwater View Post
Look at who is shooting who. Its the black communities. What liberals want is for us to give up our rights to own guns to fix a black problem. Its the degeneration of the black culture and they want us to give up our money in the form of taxes and guns to name a few things to try to fix their decay.
The hispanic gangs like MS13 are by far the worst gangs ever seen in the USA -- far worse than the Bloods and Crips ever thought of being. Many of the inner city shootings are not just among blacks -- hispanics are very much into gangs and many of the shootings involve them.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
This happens in Chicago on every warm weekend. And, 95% of the shootings are on the south and west sides which are gang infested hoods.

It's actually more of a surprise in Chicago when there aren't a high number of shootings.

Life is tough in da hood.
Take a look at the most wanted in Chicago.

One white guy -- looks like probably a foreigner by the name, and one black guy --- every single one of the others are not black or white --

https://portal.chicagopolice.org/por.../Most%20Wanted

Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The hispanic gangs like MS13 are by far the worst gangs ever seen in the USA -- far worse than the Bloods and Crips ever thought of being. Many of the inner city shootings are not just among blacks -- hispanics are very much into gangs and many of the shootings involve them.
I've read and watching documentaries about MS-13. Chopping body parts off, other gruesome stuff. I would not want to cross an MS13 member. Scary stuff. It isn't only Blacks involved in gang violence.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've read and watching documentaries about MS-13. Chopping body parts off, other gruesome stuff. I would not want to cross an MS13 member. Scary stuff. It isn't only Blacks involved in gang violence.
Yes -- all that stuff that was going on in Juarez would make you think Detroit was a very nice place to hang out at night.

They were cutting off each other's heads and leaving them on park benches -- and also skinning the faces from the heads they cut off and putting the faces on soccer balls, and hanging corpses from overpasses for everyone to see on their commute to work.

No way have black gangs ever approached any of that level of violence.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:

One white guy -- looks like probably a foreigner by the name, and one black guy --- every single one of the others are not black or white --

From that most wanted list -- with only one black guy and only one white guy -- how come when there are shootings and violence in Chicago everyone assumes it's just blacks doing the killing?

From the looks of that most wanted list, it's not the blacks. They may be more often the victims but they're not the bulk of the violent criminals.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:

One thing I've gathered is this. Black criminals are often caught, processed, and prosecuted faster.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Yes -- all that stuff that was going on in Juarez would make you think Detroit was a very nice place to hang out at night.

They were cutting off each other's heads and leaving them on park benches -- and also skinning the faces from the heads they cut off and putting the faces on soccer balls, and hanging corpses from overpasses for everyone to see on their commute to work.

No way have black gangs ever approached any of that level of violence.
MS13 is nothing to play with, and neither is Juarez. I've always wanted to travel to Mexico. The only concern for me has been safety, at least in light of the current gang issues.

There is one Black gang I know of that has that kind of brutality, Zoe Pound, a Haitian gang. I watched Gangland and one thing mentioned was the chopping off of body parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies