Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 04:59 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why would I refute that there are a few predominantly black areas that do NOT have high violent crime rates?

I know why MY neighborhood is safe and has absolutely zero violent crime....it's full of hard working people who care about where they live and pay for everything we have. Perhaps that's the case in the two areas that you mentioned?
Well, you seem very insistent in hinting that being Black is the reason for violent crimes take place. You don't say it outright, but I read between the lines. I notice certain patterns and the way things are said. The only thing you pointed to before was being Black. My assessment is this. WHY are there Black people committing so many murders, and often murdering one another? I also brought up Bowie and Missouri City because those are examples of places that are predominantly Black and have low crime rates. I was trying to get you to think critically.

Why are Blacks in Missouri City and Bowie doing nicely, but Blacks in the ghettoes are doing so badly? I was showing you there is a difference between an inner city ghetto and an area that happens to be Black and has a nice standard of living. I was also trying to get you to think about something else. Why are so many areas with so many problems predominantly Black? Why do so many predominantly Black areas have severe violent crime issues? What are the situations behind violent crimes taking places among poor Black people?

Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Well then, I guess I should ignore the local news almost every morning when they report on shootings....always in black neighborhoods.
Skin color has nothing to do with violence, you can watch whatever you want, just don't assume skin color is the main effect for violence.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have to think about something else. How many of the shooters even voted at all?
Probably right. However, even though they didn't vote, they were likely all black and affiliated with the Democratic Party's Black Panther club which goes out creating a ruckus so that Democratic lawmakers can attempt to pass stricter gun control laws, the OP knows all of this though.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Well, you seem very insistent in hinting that being Black is the reason for violent crimes take place. You don't say it outright, but I read between the lines. I notice certain patterns and the way things are said. The only thing you pointed to before was being Black. My assessment is this. WHY are there Black people committing so many murders, and often murdering one another? I also brought up Bowie and Missouri City because those are examples of places that are predominantly Black and have low crime rates. I was trying to get you to think critically.

Why are Blacks in Missouri City and Bowie doing nicely, but Blacks in the ghettoes are doing so badly? I was showing you there is a difference between an inner city ghetto and an area that happens to be Black and has a nice standard of living. I was also trying to get you to think about something else. Why are so many areas with so many problems predominantly Black? Why do so many predominantly Black areas have severe violent crime issues? What are the situations behind violent crimes taking places among poor Black people?
You've hit the nail on the head, but you're preaching to the choir. This guy is an idealogue, there's no getting through to him. Nevermind that a mostly black populated suburb has no crime sharing statistics as an inner city black neighborhood. Most crime comes from money, social issues, and gang affiliation, not just race.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Probably right. However, even though they didn't vote, they were likely all black and affiliated with the Democratic Party's Black Panther club which goes out creating a ruckus so that Democratic lawmakers can attempt to pass stricter gun control laws, the OP knows all of this though.
Do you even know that for a fact?

Old 07-06-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Do you even know that for a fact?
I'm being sarcastic...playing into what the OP probably believes.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:08 PM

29,538 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Just another summer weekend in Chicago

Quote:
More Than 60 Shot Over Fourth of July Weekend
Source: More Than 60 Shot Over Fourth of July Weekend | NBC Chicago

Stupid gang crap....

Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
You've hit the nail on the head, but you're preaching to the choir. This guy is an idealogue, there's no getting through to him. Nevermind that a mostly black populated suburb has no crime sharing statistics as an inner city black neighborhood. Most crime comes from money, social issues, and gang affiliation, not just race.
And one thing Bowie and Missouri City seem to lack(as opposed to DC and Houston) are gangs. Most of the murders that take place in poor, predominantly Black areas are often related to gangs, drugs, or disputes. Very often, the disputes were often between those who weren't raised properly.

I looked at Appalachia, and the inner city, another big difference to consider is space. In Appalachia, that is not a densely populated area. Sparsely populated area. No gangs. The violence that takes place is often personal. With the inner city, it's cheek to jowl living, gangs, and the violence is often gang violence, and more people fighting with one another.

Interestingly, some Black children in a small town in Mississippi were interviewed about Chicago. I think the town was Canton. Some of the children had relatives in Chicago. Some of them said that Chicago was too rough for them.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I'm being sarcastic...playing into what the OP probably believes.
Oh. I can't tell sarcasm over the internet.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Just another summer weekend in Chicago

Source: More Than 60 Shot Over Fourth of July Weekend | NBC Chicago

Stupid gang crap....
I just read that, rough weekend with small parts of Chicago. You would think that they would be able to do a big police crack down on those neighborhoods during this time of year when people get hot and tempers can get the best of an angry man with a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.