Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 04:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Black people do not equal high crime, your point is invalid.
Well then, I guess I should ignore the local news almost every morning when they report on shootings....always in black neighborhoods.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
In order to think critically, one has to be intellectually honest.
I showed you statistics that you couldn't refute. Can you refute anything I've said about Bowie and Missouri City. In order to be intellectually honest, you have to ask yourself this: Why are those predominantly Black areas nice and safe? Why is North Philly not safe?

In order to think critically, you have to consider ALL factors. Trying to hint at "Blacks are just violent people" is intellectually dishonest, and it doesn't take into consideration other factors. I never refuted that the areas that were experiencing high murder rates were majority Black areas. That is not what I was trying to refute. However, in order to think critically, you have to ask WHY? Why are so many predominantly Black areas having high murder rates? Why are many Black men in those areas murdering one another? What are the circumstances behind it? You see, thinking critically means asking more questions and thinking about many other things.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:39 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
In areas in which there are strict gun control laws, yet!
A large percentage of guns used in crimes in NYC (90%) come from outside, places with lax gun laws like PA, GA, not really a surprise. There are no border checks on the bridges in tunnels, why is that a surprise. Too many states with complicit in allowing gun trafficking.

Quote:
Guns from out-of-state make up the grand
majority of city crimes, Bloomberg attempts to push back 90% of all guns used in city
crimes in 2011 came from out-of-state, which was a 4% increase from the previous
year. Mayor Bloomberg pushing for tougher laws across the country.
Guns from out-of-state make up the grand majority of city crimes, Bloomberg attempts to push back - NY Daily News

Old 07-06-2014, 04:40 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
4 Dead, 19 Wounded in Rash of Shootings in NYC | NBC New York

1 Dead, 35 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago « CBS Chicago

Why do these overwhelmingly liberal, blue Democratic Obama supporters kill and kill some more, and why do these Democrats occupy over 95% of prisons?

Bush's fault?
Oh really, you were able to ascertain that they all voted for Obama? Please...

Old 07-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Oh really, you were able to ascertain that they all voted for Obama? Please...
I have to think about something else. How many of the shooters even voted at all?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A large percentage of guns used in crimes in NYC (90%) come from outside, places with lax gun laws like PA, GA, not really a surprise. There are no border checks on the bridges in tunnels, why is that a surprise. Too many states with complicit in allowing gun trafficking.

Guns from out-of-state make up the grand majority of city crimes, Bloomberg attempts to push back - NY Daily News
This is the thing. You can do border checks at international borders. You can't do that at state borders. I don't even know if it's Constitutional.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I showed you statistics that you couldn't refute. Can you refute anything I've said about Bowie and Missouri City. In order to be intellectually honest, you have to ask yourself this: Why are those predominantly Black areas nice and safe? Why is North Philly not safe?

In order to think critically, you have to consider ALL factors. Trying to hint at "Blacks are just violent people" is intellectually dishonest, and it doesn't take into consideration other factors. I never refuted that the areas that were experiencing high murder rates were majority Black areas. That is not what I was trying to refute. However, in order to think critically, you have to ask WHY? Why are so many predominantly Black areas having high murder rates? Why are many Black men in those areas murdering one another? What are the circumstances behind it? You see, thinking critically means asking more questions and thinking about many other things.
Why would I refute that there are a few predominantly black areas that do NOT have high violent crime rates?

I know why MY neighborhood is safe and has absolutely zero violent crime....it's full of hard working people who care about where they live and pay for everything we have. Perhaps that's the case in the two areas that you mentioned?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

So why don't the areas where the guns come from violent?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:49 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
4 Dead, 19 Wounded in Rash of Shootings in NYC | NBC New York

1 Dead, 35 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago « CBS Chicago

Why do these overwhelmingly liberal, blue Democratic Obama supporters kill and kill some more, and why do these Democrats occupy over 95% of prisons?

Bush's fault?
Obama's Chicago. Guess the good ole Rev Wright is too busy preaching hate whitey and not enough time preaching to the thugs about gun violence.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:59 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So why don't the areas where the guns come from violent?
Many of those states, SC, GA, NC have a higher gun murder rate than NY,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.