Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Got it!

So MLK should have simply moved to another state.
If you don't agree with your state law, sure, why not?

PA bridal shop is the new MLK? I didn't know that.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Not all people are left-handed.

Shouldn't the left-handed store be required to accommodate right-handed people?

As for that bridal shop, when those lesbians decide to marry men, the bridal boutique will be happy to provide gowns for them.

It's not who they are that matters.

It's not what they are that matters.

It's what they are doing that determines whether or not they get served.
They are buying a dress, that is all they are doing in the store, just like every other person shopping in the store.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:02 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Not all people are left-handed.

Shouldn't the left-handed store be required to accommodate right-handed people?

As for that bridal shop, when those lesbians decide to marry men, the bridal boutique will be happy to provide gowns for them.

It's not who they are that matters.

It's not what they are that matters.

It's what they are doing that determines whether or not they get served.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
The logic is silly and has already been debunked, but since you insist. A more accurate one would be if the Kosher deli refused to sell a Kosher sandwich to a non-Jewish customer.

Another silly argument. Why can't the left-handed store sell a right-handed customer left-handed equipment? It's like saying you can't buy size 9 shoes because you wear a size 12.

By the logic you used with the deli and and left handed store arguments it sounds like your suggesting that they would require a special lesbian wedding dress.

"A more accurate one would be if the Kosher deli refused to sell a Kosher sandwich to a non-Jewish customer."

Nope.

Kosher delis are happy to serve Kosher foods to non-Jews and this bridal boutique would be happy to provide gowns for lesbians marrying men.

It's not who they are.

It's not what they are.

It's only what they are doing that matters.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:27 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
And the reason they don't carry pork is ____________.

That's right, they have religious beliefs that prohibit any and all contact with pork, even if they don't eat the pork themselves.

They don't stock it.

They don't prepare it.

They don't serve it.

See how that works?

FTR, how much of a dick would I have to be to insist Kosher Jews serve me a ham sandwich?
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The reason is irrelevant. They don't carry pork. They don't carry patio furniture or iPhones or eyeglasses.
What they DO carry, they will sell to everyone.
The wedding dress shop, on the other hand is in the business of selling wedding dresses.

How this consistently goes flying right over your head really surprises me.

"The reason is irrelevant"?

Well now, there's a compelling argument!

Old 08-13-2014, 10:29 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
It's a weak analogy, just give it up already.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:46 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Your perversion argument mirrors the blacks are inferior argument.

Certainly not. Wrong! Race is not a sexual preference. You keep playing that tired and failed card over and over. It gets you no where and is the basis of a flawed argument. I could do a vastly superior job of arguing your case for you but I won’t as you have offended me and I don’t feel like it.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What is YOUR interpretation of this then

"
1 Peter 3:8

Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. "
You most definitely are not ready. So far all indications are such that you not only are not ready but are undeserving of the greatness stored within. Perhaps you shall never be ready, so far you are doing an excellent job of demonstrating and proving that just beautifully. For now and forever more the secrets shall remain with me, myself and I.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You most definitely are not ready. So far all indications are such that you not only are not ready but are undeserving of the greatness stored within. Perhaps you shall never be ready, so far you are doing an excellent job of demonstrating and proving that just beautifully. For now and forever more the secrets shall remain with me, myself and I.

damn I am scared.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
This doesn't make them bullies. It just means that customers were disgusted with her business practices and refused to shop there. I'm sure if she had customers lining up to buy dresses she'd still be in business.
They are bullies, most certainly. Only a protected class, special people, did not like this business owner’s thinking or attitude so her business and livelihood has been destroyed and ruined. Why are you STILL not freaking happy and rejoicing over this? Do you ever take the time to savor and relish the joy of your sick fouled up atrocities?

You won, you destroyed another business. Are you people never going to be satisfied? You will never achieve 100% compliance or agreement with the plight of the homosexual so continue bullying, attacking and destroying all who do not agree with you. Don’t be surprised at the consequences. Ye shall reap what ye sow.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I hope the "backlash" is not some kind of threat because like it or not, admit it or not, embracing diversity is the key to a peaceful civilized world.
It is a special promise, just for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies