Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 04:54 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not going to answer the question?
No, I've already said the logic was debunked.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, for heaven's sake!! How you can even make that comparison is beyond me.
The first shop will sell goods to ALL left-handed people.
The second will sell to anyone who wants fishing flies.
The bridal shop, on the other hand, sells bridal gowns, but only to the people they like, people who they approve of, from their moral and phoney high ground.

Not all people are left-handed.

Shouldn't the left-handed store be required to accommodate right-handed people?

As for that bridal shop, when those lesbians decide to marry men, the bridal boutique will be happy to provide gowns for them.

It's not who they are that matters.

It's not what they are that matters.

It's what they are doing that determines whether or not they get served.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
No, I've already said the logic was debunked.

Name:  chicken-run-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 81
Size:  15.0 KB

Chicken?

Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

As for that bridal shop, when those lesbians decide to marry men, the bridal boutique will be happy to provide gowns for them.

It's not who they are that matters.

It's not what they are that matters.

It's what they are doing that determines whether or not they get served.
Your logic is flawed and you need to try harder.

If the left-handed store is located in a left and right handed state, then yes, right handed folks are expected to be served. Left-handed store has all the freedom in the world to move to an all left-handed state.

Gay MARRIAGE is legal in state of PA. This lesbian lady did not make extraordinary demand, she just wanted to be treated equally. She didn't go to the anti-gay marriage state and demand a change of law.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Spiritual beliefs, my a$$!
They'll sell wedding dresses to non-virgins, divorced women, women wearing pants, cheating women, women who have children out of wedlock, women with tattoos, women who read horoscopes and go to psychics, etc.
It's only when it comes to gay women, that they suddenly develop "spiritual beliefs."

If I have ten kids out of wedlock while wearing a dress and cheating because my horoscope told me to do so and I repent of all I've done, getting married doesn't mean I'll repeat my mistakes and the act of marrying a member of the opposite sex is not itself sinful.

However, if I am a homosexual who wants to marry a man, what I did or didn't do before doesn't change any of the relevant facts about what I want to do in marrying a member of my own sex.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
And the reason they don't carry pork is ____________.

That's right, they have religious beliefs that prohibit any and all contact with pork, even if they don't eat the pork themselves.

They don't stock it.

They don't prepare it.

They don't serve it.

See how that works?

FTR, how much of a dick would I have to be to insist Kosher Jews serve me a ham sandwich?
The reason is irrelevant. They don't carry pork. They don't carry patio furniture or iPhones or eyeglasses.
What they DO carry, they will sell to everyone.
The wedding dress shop, on the other hand is in the business of selling wedding dresses.

How this consistently goes flying right over your head really surprises me.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,731 times
Quote:
And the reason they don't carry pork is ____________.

That's right, they have religious beliefs that prohibit any and all contact with pork, even if they don't eat the pork themselves.

They don't stock it.

They don't prepare it.

They don't serve it.

See how that works?

FTR, how much of a dick would I have to be to insist Kosher Jews serve me a ham sandwich?
The logic is silly and has already been debunked, but since you insist. A more accurate one would be if the Kosher deli refused to sell a Kosher sandwich to a non-Jewish customer.

Quote:

Another silly argument. Why can't the left-handed store sell a right-handed customer left-handed equipment? It's like saying you can't buy size 9 shoes because you wear a size 12.

Quote:
By the logic you used with the deli and and left handed store arguments it sounds like your suggesting that they would require a special lesbian wedding dress.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In other words people with values ,are of no value in this society. I get it.
If your values say that you can not sell wedding dresses, DON'T OPEN a wedding dress shop. Problem solved.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your logic is flawed and you need to try harder.

If the left-handed store is located in a left and right handed state, then yes, right handed folks are expected to be served. Left-handed store has all the freedom in the world to move to an all left-handed state.

Gay MARRIAGE is legal in state of PA. This lesbian lady did not make extraordinary demand, she just wanted to be treated equally. She didn't go to the anti-gay marriage state and demand a change of law.

Got it!

So MLK should have simply moved to another state.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Why do you not just go to a store that will leave you with happy memories? Are you really that masochistic? Try striving for positive energy.
I'm sure they did, right after they voiced their displeasure with the shops policy. The first amendment grants them the right to freedom of speech, they used it.

Don't like it? Try to get an amendment passed to get rid of the first amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies