Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 01:07 PM

594 posts, read 346,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Bullying and forcing people into selling you a friggin dress IS pushing the homosexual agenda otherwise these darlings would go elsewhere. Ruining somebody’s livelihood in social media is pushing the homosexual agenda. Just leave decent people alone and go somewhere else.
So a dress sop owner can refuse to sell a dress to Jews too, or those interracial couples too?

So the world you would to live in is where the majority can target the majority and refuse to sell them homes, food, cars, or even something as innucous as a dress? Who cares right? They are the minority, so we can do what we want to them.

Why not just put up a sign out front of your town "No Gays, Jews or Blacks Welcome" oooo, I can hear the fascist trumpets of freedom sounding in the distance. That type of bigotry and fascism is not freedom.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:49 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,665,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
So a dress sop owner can refuse to sell a dress to Jews too, or those interracial couples too?

So the world you would to live in is where the majority can target the majority and refuse to sell them homes, food, cars, or even something as innucous as a dress? Who cares right? They are the minority, so we can do what we want to them.

Why not just put up a sign out front of your town "No Gays, Jews or Blacks Welcome" oooo, I can hear the fascist trumpets of freedom sounding in the distance. That type of bigotry and fascism is not freedom.
Actually when you think about it, homosexuals are bring treated like the new immigrant. My parents told me that when the Irish first came to America and were seeking work, stores hung signs in their windows that read, "Irish need not apply." Sadly, homosexuals are getting the same type of "welcome" from the Christians.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Actually when you think about it, homosexuals are bring treated like the new immigrant. My parents told me that when the Irish first came to America and were seeking work, stores hung signs in their windows that read, "Irish need not apply." Sadly, homosexuals are getting the same type of "welcome" from SOME Christians.
Fixed it for you.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:27 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Nobody's asking for your approval...just that you don't block it, act like a jerk, or think your beliefs trump everyone else's. Or attempt to enshrine religious feelings into law.

Yes, I agree that no one is asking for my approval.

They are insisting on it.

They are demanding it.

They will accept nothing less, and they are using the power of the state to enforce their demand.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

I don't know how many times this has to be explained to you people.
The Kosher deli up the street doesn't carry pork products. Period. They're not discriminating against you by not serving you swine. Much like they wouldn't sell you a canoe or an iPhone. It's not something they sell.
The bridal shop, on the hand, carries wedding dresses. They just don't want to sell them to a certain demographic, because they suddenly gots that old-timey religion.
Never mind that they'll sell the same dresses to liars and thieves and adulterers and fornicators and divorcées and cheats. It's just the gays they have a problem with.
The hypocrisy is truly astounding.

And the reason they don't carry pork is ____________.

That's right, they have religious beliefs that prohibit any and all contact with pork, even if they don't eat the pork themselves.

They don't stock it.

They don't prepare it.

They don't serve it.

See how that works?

FTR, how much of a dick would I have to be to insist Kosher Jews serve me a ham sandwich?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM

939 posts, read 3,388,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And the reason they don't carry pork is ____________.

That's right, they have religious beliefs that prohibit any and all contact with pork, even if they don't eat the pork themselves.

They don't stock it.

They don't prepare it.

They don't serve it.

See how that works?

FTR, how much of a dick would I have to be to insist Kosher Jews serve me a ham sandwich?
No comparison. Apples to oranges... This twisted logic has already been discussed and debunked.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:46 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,055,126 times
Quote:

They are insisting on it.

They are demanding it.

They will accept nothing less, and they are using the power of the state to enforce their demand.
No.

YOu can disapprove all you want.

You can't, however, discriminate.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM

939 posts, read 3,388,196 times
Quote:

Some are insisting on it.

Some are demanding it.

Some will accept nothing less, and some are using the power of the state to enforce their demand.
Fixed that for you.

This is why it's important to get out and vote for those that support your interests.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
So it's okay to be a sinner so long as you don't advertise it?

Where's that Bible injunction against hypocrisy again...something about 'whitened tombs'....

Probably could have gotten the gowns if no one mentioned there would be no groom at the wedding.

It's only an issue when homosexuals make it an issue.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
No comparison. Apples to oranges... This twisted logic has already been discussed and debunked.

Not going to answer the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies