Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,555,268 times

Advertisements

[quote=JohnA151;36098750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Except homosexuality ISN'T a choice. What if they decided they don't want to sell to people with mental retardation, that would be fine with you too I assume?[/quote
]What evidence do you have that homosexualty is NOT a choice ? thats what the pedifiles says
its not our choice
so we should except their behavour as well
Try a spell check. I think I deciphered your mess correctly though.

What evidence do you have that homosexuality is a choice?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
No reason, I have many other choices. I'm not going to force them to change their beliefs.
I take it you have never wrote a bad review or ever complained to a friend about a place that gave you bad service?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Discriminating against customers is not just the business having practices not to ones liking. If a business chose to deny service to blacks, Asians or any group, it is discrimination, same with denying gays service.
Not quite. They are ethnic groups. Homosexuality is a behavior. Big difference.

And since this has to do with the religious beliefs of the shop owners, and knowing how much you who support the "gays" in cases like this like to quote Jesus, and use his words against the shop owners ("Do unto others ...," "Love your neighbor ...," and all the other "love" verses Leftists like to use), how about the verses that tell believers to "have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness," and the ones that tell us we are not to become "participants" in sinful behavior (such as making wedding gowns for two lesbians)? I guess you never heard of those verses.

Quote:
Having religious beliefs does not give one the right to use them to discriminate.
It absolutely does. It's called "discernment" and choosing not to involve ones self with the sinful deeds of others (as I noted above).
Quote:
The business owner should have left her religion at home and not involve it in her business practices.
So Jesus should not have told us that we should be a "light to the world?" I thought you liked Jesus' teachings? How can one be a "light to the world" if we leave our faith behind when we go out in the world to work? That isn't what Jesus taught. He taught that we should go out into the World and preach the Good News (and be a light to the world).

Being a Christian isn't a part time thing. If Jesus is truly in our hearts, he is their 24/7. We don't leave Jesus behind so that we don't offend somebody. If Christ offends you, that's just too bad.

You people astound me. You like your "warm fuzzy Jesus." You don't like his teachings on Christian living, avoiding sin, and spreading the Gospel (you don't want to hear that).

Old 08-15-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
one is a race the other is a lifestyle
Sexual orientation isn't a lifestyle. Being straight isn't a lifestyle.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:09 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna151 View Post
one is a race the other is a lifestyle
bingo

Old 08-15-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
bingo
So you think being straight is a lifestyle? I have a feeling you guys don't know what the word "lifestyle" means.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

You people astound me. You like your "warm fuzzy Jesus." You don't like his teachings on Christian living, avoiding sin, and spreading the Gospel (you don't want to hear that).
well,

Matthew 19:3-9 (cf. Mark 10:2-12; Luke 16:18)

Jesus was asked whether divorce can properly be obtained for just any reason a person might have. He answered by appealing to the original marriage law.

Jesus taught that divorce itself, in general, is contrary to God's will. God made one man for one woman, indicating He did not intend for either to marry anyone else. He said they should cleave to one another and the two become one - there is no room in God's plan for a third party. God joins the man and woman, no human has the right to break that bond.
Further, whoever divorces his wife and marries again commits adultery (unless he does it because she has been guilty of fornication), and whoever marries her who has been divorced also commits adultery. (Mk. 10 adds that this rule also applies to the woman if she divorces her husband.)
To help understand the passage, read it with your name and your spouse's name, instead of "whosoever," etc.
Matthew 19:9 - If ____________ (you) divorces __________ (his wife), except for fornication, and marries another, _________________ (you) commits adultery; and whoever marries ___________ (her who is divorced) commits adultery."

Divorce, Remarriage: Who May Remarry according to the Bible?

Are you sure the bridal shop owner only sold dresses to the first time couples? Or she just discriminated against the gays and lesbians however she wanted to?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not quite. They are ethnic groups. Homosexuality is a behavior. Big difference..
huh?

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

no?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:47 PM

5,661 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
... the business has to show proof of sensitivity training/indoctrination.
What does "sensitivity training" accomplish, other than to generate revenue for gays and libs who promote it? I've refused to take it, even out of curiosity, several times when it was offered. How can you psychologically manipulate someone into believing something they don't in a few hours?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What does "sensitivity training" accomplish, other than to generate revenue for gays and libs who promote it? I've refused to take it, even out of curiosity, several times when it was offered. How can you psychologically manipulate someone into believing something they don't in a few hours?
Do you support it if the bridal owner refused service to a combat soldier who killed terrorists in foreign war then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies