Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
They own the store and run the business as they see fit. Not you, not government, the store OWNER.

You're right.

It's morally wrong but you're still right.

They then can be open to public evaluation of their business skills, no? Or be private, but they weren't, were they?

Isn't that what you wish for? It doesn't surprise anybody when someone yells on Yelp because their drink wasn't hot enough, why shouldn't a bride to be - talk about being rejected ?

What is the difference? Trully!

Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
If, as you claim, everybody wants it then you would win in a landslide. You have nothing to lose. Yet because you know that everybody is NOT in favor of homosexualized marriage you fear and do all that you can to subvert the vote, the voters and the will and attitudes of the People. This is wrong and shall be corrected accordingly.

Again, why should our rights be voted on? Why gay people having their rights voted on, but not straight people? We are US citizens too, we pay taxes too, we live too, we work too, do you get the gist? All that separates homsexuals from heterosexuals is the sex of the person we are attracted to. There are gay christians, jews, blacks, hispanics etc. There is not one catagory of humans that do not have homosexuzlsin it. We are a fact of life. I will not tolerate my rights as a person being voted on by my peers wether they be gay, straight, black or white. No Majority has the right to vote on anothers rights. The right for races to marry was not voted on, it was decided by the supreme court as the issue of marriage equality will be in the near future. Some Christians seem to think that their religion and bible trumps law and others rights, it does not.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not quite. They are ethnic groups. Homosexuality is a behavior. Big difference.

And since this has to do with the religious beliefs of the shop owners, and knowing how much you who support the "gays" in cases like this like to quote Jesus, and use his words against the shop owners ("Do unto others ...," "Love your neighbor ...," and all the other "love" verses Leftists like to use), how about the verses that tell believers to "have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness," and the ones that tell us we are not to become "participants" in sinful behavior (such as making wedding gowns for two lesbians)? I guess you never heard of those verses.

It absolutely does. It's called "discernment" and choosing not to involve ones self with the sinful deeds of others (as I noted above).

So Jesus should not have told us that we should be a "light to the world?" I thought you liked Jesus' teachings? How can one be a "light to the world" if we leave our faith behind when we go out in the world to work? That isn't what Jesus taught. He taught that we should go out into the World and preach the Good News (and be a light to the world).

Being a Christian isn't a part time thing. If Jesus is truly in our hearts, he is their 24/7. We don't leave Jesus behind so that we don't offend somebody. If Christ offends you, that's just too bad.

You people astound me. You like your "warm fuzzy Jesus." You don't like his teachings on Christian living, avoiding sin, and spreading the Gospel (you don't want to hear that).
Being gay is not a behavior, no more than being straight is. Being gay is not a choice, same with being straight, yet religion is a choice. Sin is relative to one religion and it is a choice to judge another person against ones religion. Belief in any religion is a choice, one is not born believing in a god, one is taught that there is a god. Point out to me how being disabled is an ethnic group, or being female. Laws against discrimination are not just based on ethnicity and bias against any group of people is not just based on race. This business chose to use their religion to discriminate when that is not the basis of their business.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Fair enough. (although based on your posting history, you would have to pass a lie detector test if you want to be taken seriously. I will CHOOSE to take your words for it.) :P
That's no BFD! Ever been polygraphed by the FBI? I have.

Quote:
You don't like it when punks trash our combat soldiers, right? I agree with you on that one because I dislike it too. Matter of fact, I hate it.
See, we've already found common ground.

Quote:
So at least you can learn to tolerate lesbians and gays because they have been shiited on all the time.
But they don't want tolerance. Even though it was an early 'demand', it's not enough now. They want to be full accepted and embraced, cherished as 'normal', have their choices validated, have parents accept it joyfully when their children announce they're gay, let our children grow up believing that someone can have two mommies or two daddies, welcome them with open arms in all parts of life and cheer at their parades. Mere tolerance is not anywhere near enough.

Quote:
Killing, suicide, homosexuality are all condemned according to the bible if you interpret the words that way.
I have been exposed enough to the Bible to know I want nothing to do with it's interpretations of reality. But if others want to embrace it's teachings, that's fine as long as it doesn't get pushed on me.

Quote:
Business owner has the right to refuse business (if law allows it), but using religion to justify her behavior will make her a hypocrite because I am pretty damn sure that she sold her dresses to those who committed a·dul·ter·y.

You don't have to sell the dress to her, you don't need to be upset if the lesbians complain because every action, there is a reaction.
But those who have committed adultery are not walking into her boutique announcing it and waving it like a flag. A bright rainbow flag.

They didn't just complain. They reacted like the woman by what she said had opened the gates of Hell and had summoned every demon inside on them. The started a f**k'in crusade on this woman, seeking every opportunity they could find to scream from the housetops about how "injured" they were - over a wedding dress. They played the victims, wanting everyone to say "Poor widdle wesbians! That mean old wady was soooo mean!" They knew what they were walking into, in fact they were counting on it.

No one has ever responded to my queries about exactly what quantifiable damages these two actually suffered. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I've been offended at business for any number of reasons. I never throw a hissy fit, but just find a better place to spend my money and mentally note to never return there. I have better things to do with my time than to be a victim.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
bingo
Wrong. Did you choose to be straight? Were you born Christian?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you think being straight is a lifestyle? I have a feeling you guys don't know what the word "lifestyle" means.
In many newspapers the "Lifestyle" section happens to deal with religion.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That's no BFD! Ever been polygraphed by the FBI? I have.

See, we've already found common ground.

But they don't want tolerance. Even though it was an early 'demand', it's not enough now. They want to be full accepted and embraced, cherished as 'normal', have their choices validated, have parents accept it joyfully when their children announce they're gay, let our children grow up believing that someone can have two mommies or two daddies, welcome them with open arms in all parts of life and cheer at their parades. Mere tolerance is not anywhere near enough.

I have been exposed enough to the Bible to know I want nothing to do with it's interpretations of reality. But if others want to embrace it's teachings, that's fine as long as it doesn't get pushed on me.

But those who have committed adultery are not walking into her boutique announcing it and waving it like a flag. A bright rainbow flag.

They didn't just complain. They reacted like the woman by what she said had opened the gates of Hell and had summoned every demon inside on them. The started a f**k'in crusade on this woman, seeking every opportunity they could find to scream from the housetops about how "injured" they were - over a wedding dress. They played the victims, wanting everyone to say "Poor widdle wesbians! That mean old wady was soooo mean!" They knew what they were walking into, in fact they were counting on it.

No one has ever responded to my queries about exactly what quantifiable damages these two actually suffered. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I've been offended at business for any number of reasons. I never throw a hissy fit, but just find a better place to spend my money and mentally note to never return there. I have better things to do with my time than to be a victim.
Who are "they"?

Old 08-15-2014, 08:03 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
[quote=JohnA151;36098750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Except homosexuality ISN'T a choice. What if they decided they don't want to sell to people with mental retardation, that would be fine with you too I assume?[/quote
]What evidence do you have that homosexualty is NOT a choice ? thats what the pedifiles says
its not our choice
so we should except their behavour as well
Even if we disagree about whether or not homosexuality is a choice, we can all agree that Christianity is 100% a choice. And the particular brand of Christianity that the business owners subscribe to, well...

http://operationrainfall.com/wp-cont...e...poorly.jpg

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-16-2014 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: Removed copyrighted material

Old 08-15-2014, 08:05 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sexual orientation isn't a lifestyle. Being straight isn't a lifestyle.
Sexual orientation sure as hell isn't a race by any stretch of a fairy tale imagination.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
... be voted on?
Dude, you obviously then fail to believe the fallacy of your false propaganda that EVERYBODY wants homosexualized “marriage” otherwise you would embrace and welcome a vote as you have nothing to lose. Right? If everybody wants it then everybody would vote for it, would they not? They will not and have not and you know damn well that the public does NOT want homosexualized “marriage” so you are trying to do everything that you can, and failing, to subvert the will of the public who by the way is the very public that will either look upon two Q’s as “married” or instead as two perverted freaks that are pretending that they are a unification of the sexes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies