Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 12:50 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times

Advertisements

Sexuality is a private matter, as is religious belief. Forcing an entrepreneur to serve supposed "clientele" in a practice that entrepreneur finds objectionable is no different than coerced sex -- straight or gay.

I occasionally encounter proselytising Fundamentalist Christians: I fail to understand their self-justifying "pretzel logic." But none of them has yet attempted to force me to participate in their activities.

This is all about one of the components of the far Left's coalition of misfits and losers seeking to use the power of the state to force their agenda on anyone and everyone who engages in not-so-free enterprise, as defined by the enlightened minority. And that lunacy is, in turn, based upon the false premise that there is some "greater common good" which allows the Certified Politically Correct "reasoning" of an enlightened few to trample the rights of the dissenter.

Scratch a "progressive", and you'll find a Fascist -- every time. What part of this don't you would-be-Nazis understand?

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-16-2014 at 01:02 AM..

Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Dude, you obviously then fail to believe the fallacy of your false propaganda that EVERYBODY wants homosexualized “marriage” otherwise you would embrace and welcome a vote as you have nothing to lose. Right? If everybody wants it then everybody would vote for it, would they not? They will not and have not and you know damn well that the public does NOT want homosexualized “marriage” so you are trying to do everything that you can, and failing, to subvert the will of the public who by the way is the very public that will either look upon two Q’s as “married” or instead as two perverted freaks that are pretending that they are a unification of the sexes.
What a stupid term "homosexualized" It is bogus. The people do not have the right to vote on any minorities rights. Stop calling gays freaks, it makes you look like a BIGOT.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:56 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What a stupid term "homosexualized" It is bogus. The people do not have the right to vote on any minorities rights. Stop calling gays freaks, it makes you look like a BIGOT.
And now we have the predictable name calling... What took you so long? Considering the source your words to me say nothing. In fact, you rather bore me with your tired failed emptydrivel. Yawn. LOL.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Sexual orientation sure as hell isn't a race by any stretch of a fairy tale imagination.

So when did you choose to be straight? Was it after you sampled the same sex and realized it wasn't your thing? The only thing here that is actually a choice is religion.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Sexuality is a private matter, as is religious belief. Forcing an entrepreneur to serve supposed "clientele" in a practice that entrepreneur finds objectionable is no different than coerced sex -- straight or gay.

I occasionally encounter proselytising Fundamentalist Christians: I fail to understand their self-justifying "pretzel logic." But none of them has yet attempted to force me to participate in their activities.

This is all about one of the components of the far Left's coalition of misfits and losers seeking to use the power of the state to force their agenda on anyone and everyone who engages in not-so-free enterprise, as defined by the enlightened minority. And that lunacy is, in turn, based upon the false premise that there is some "greater common good" which allows the Certified Politically Correct "reasoning" of an enlightened few to trample the rights of the dissenter.

Scratch a "progressive", and you'll find a Fascist -- every time. What part of this don't you would-be-Nazis understand?
Did the two lesbians force the store owner to have sex with them or did they try to just buy merchandise? You are right that it is a private matter, which means it is none of the store owners business and they shouldn't be forcing their religious beliefs onto their customers.

Which is why this was a poor way to run a business.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:19 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did the two lesbians force the store owner to have sex with them or did they try to just buy merchandise? You are right that it is a private matter, which means it is none of the store owners business and they shouldn't be forcing their religious beliefs onto their customers.

Which is why this was a poor way to run a business.
As stated earlier, in all my years of shopping and acquiring many types of merchandise, I've never yet once discussed my sexual preference with any clerk or proprietor. Why did they feel a need to do so unless they were trying to elicit a particular response? Was it any of the store's business what they like to do with their private parts behind the doors of the bedroom?

And while I'll agree with the feelings of having someone else's beliefs in magical sky friends pushed, the owner did not make a point to call the press and alert social media about these two being unbelievers. She simply said she cannot do business with them. The two are the ones who made a federal case out of it, with all the associated drama such individuals crave as part of daily life.

If it's a poor way to run a business, then it's her business to run. I'd counter that statement with as far as the two gay women, that's a poor way to run a life. How despicable they are.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
As stated earlier, in all my years of shopping and acquiring many types of merchandise, I've never yet once discussed my sexual preference with any clerk or proprietor. Why did they feel a need to do so unless they were trying to elicit a particular response? Was it any of the store's business what they like to do with their private parts behind the doors of the bedroom?

And while I'll agree with the feelings of having someone else's beliefs in magical sky friends pushed, the owner did not make a point to call the press and alert social media about these two being unbelievers. She simply said she cannot do business with them. The two are the ones who made a federal case out of it, with all the associated drama such individuals crave as part of daily life.

If it's a poor way to run a business, then it's her business to run. I'd counter that statement with as far as the two gay women, that's a poor way to run a life. How despicable they are.
I say "Merry Christmas" to everybody during Christmas season in my own retail store. One lady told me, "Please don't say that to me because I am offended." Do I have the right to say Merry Christmas, yes I do. Does she have the right to be offended, yes, she does.

If a person wanted to boycott my business because I say "Merry Christmas", I just have to take the responsibilities of my own action. Like I said it so many times, Every action there is a reaction.

I sure shared my experience on social media network. I called those who were offended by "Merry Christmas" - What a bunch of sensitive drama queens!

It is my right to be upset, it is my right to use social media network to share my experiences, to express my opinion.

It is my right, it is also everybody else's right. Whatever I can do, other people can do as well. This is a free country.

At the time of our nation’s inception, the Founders believed that the open, free exchange of ideas was necessary for the survival of a representative democracy. As Benjamin Franklin proclaimed, “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”

The First Amendment also includes the right to freely express one’s religion. It does so by guaranteeing every person the right to express any religious belief, or none at all, while at the same time prohibiting the government from favoring any particular religion over another. The government cannot dictate how we should act or what we should believe, especially when it comes to religion.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:21 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
And now we have the predictable name calling... What took you so long? Considering the source your words to me say nothing. In fact, you rather bore me with your tired failed emptydrivel. Yawn. LOL.

I'd suggest you read your own posts, as you are the person who has been naming calling throughout this thread. The bully doth protest too much? With or without your approval, same sex marriages are performed each day. Each day, more states are on board with same-sex marriage. It is your empty drivel that holds no merit.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

Actually when someone receives bad service, they are free to complain and protest about it. If you found a fingernail in your food, you might think to alert the press which people have done before.

If the shop owner didn't want to know these two women were lesbians, then they should have never asked. Denying customers business is bad for business. They could have sold two dresses that day.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:06 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I sure shared my experience on social media network. I called those who were offended by "Merry Christmas" - What a bunch of sensitive drama queens!
But you didn't call out one particular person on it (did you?), knowing or hoping that it would have a significant impact professionally or personally on that person, disrupting their ability to provide for themselves and their family. Did you have an agenda of causing undue stress or hardship on one person by expressing your opinion or recounting the tale? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is my right to be upset, it is my right to use social media network to share my experiences, to express my opinion.
I'm all in favor of expressing opinions. I've done it thousands of time here on CD. The sense of "appropriate vs. inappropriate" has been lost in today's culture, replaced by sensationalism and a pervasive fascination with the inane.

"Social media" and cell phone cameras are two of the worst things to ever have been invented.

And let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas for this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies