Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Are you not rejoicing that you accomplished your goal of shutting down somebody who does not nor ever will agree with you? You all must be ecstatic. Keep in mind that the court of public opinion is squarely on the side of the shop keepers. Just some food for thought that the next little darlings should remember next time they set out to destroy someone's livelihood which I am sure they are just itching to do.

I like the First Amendment it shall remain as is especially the part about religion and the right to practice. The religion part is what bothers you though. Tough, deal with it.

AMENDMENT I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Selling dresses is not a religious activity. A bridal shop is not a church. So laws regulating COMMERCE have nothing to do with religion. If you want to run a religion, open a CHURCH, not a bridal shop.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:39 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually those that are homosexual are wanting the freedom to marry those that they love which people like you are more than willing to impose a militant tyranny onto others and deny them the right to marry.
Back to the bridal shop owner, she wasn't denying them the right to marry, she personally doesn't believe in gay marriage and chose not to support it by refusing to sell the lesbian couple any of her wares.

I support small aka individual businesses' right to serve and not serve whoever they want. It's much like the owner of an owner-occupied two and three family house being allowed to be pickier with prospective tenants and they cannot forced to rent to families with children.

And I wonder if the gay community is being harsher towards this christian shop owner than if the bridal shop was owned by devout muslims?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Nope. Every other normal person who visits the store, unlike you people, doesn't throw a hissy fit and go on public media and shut down the store when they don't have what they want. Perhaps it is time for the general public to start encroaching on the homosexual establishments where you all congregate such as lesbian bars and other assorted hangouts. You people have set an example for complaining that the general public will emulate .Watch the complaints fly when somebody's drink didn't arrive as fast or in the same condition as the regulars. Or perhaps the bouncer needlessly hassled the straight individual when she didn't a regular. There are many many ways this is going to fall back on you. Just keep pushing.
I have seen bad reviews on social media from many different people for many different reasons. The first amendment applies to people who want to speak out against bad service too.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
You do not own the store yet you dictate how they conduct business and have the gall to stipulate who can and can not open a store for business unless they please you and your kind approves.
I did no such thing. I did not pass any laws. I have never even been to PA. I am commenting on a thread on a forum and giving my opinion, just like you are. Don't like it? Too bad.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
'A' is better for profit.

Your problem is being incapable of imagining an owner who doesn't put profit above all their personal beliefs.

I recall a resort in Vermont that refused to host a lesbian wedding reception. They were fined. They chose to stop hosting all wedding receptions. Bad for profit ? Probably. But they obviously were willing to sacrifice a little $$$ to remain loyal to their beliefs.

Because you have no values that would outweigh $$$ in a business setting doesn't mean everyone else follows your example.
And that would be an example of poor business practice. The first priority of a business is to make money and make a profit. But then again, we have plenty of examples of people who have no idea how to run a business, which is why we see businesses fail all the time.

I don't care if a business wants to deny customers, but I don't blame the customer when the business fails due to their own poor business choices.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Back to the bridal shop owner, she wasn't denying them the right to marry, she personally doesn't believe in gay marriage and chose not to support it by refusing to sell the lesbian couple any of her wares.

I support small aka individual businesses' right to serve and not serve whoever they want. It's much like the owner of an owner-occupied two and three family house being allowed to be pickier with prospective tenants and they cannot forced to rent to families with children.

And I wonder if the gay community is being harsher towards this christian shop owner than if the bridal shop was owned by devout muslims?
I support the customer's right to be able to create bad reviews and bad press for businesses that deny them service. Freedom goes both ways, you can't just give it to the business owner and not the customer.

I am sure a Muslim bridal shop owner would receive the same bad press if they denied a customer like this. Tell me, are there a lot of Muslim bridal shop owners in the US?

Old 08-18-2014, 10:29 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Tell me, are there a lot of Muslim bridal shop owners in the US?
It's hard to find a line of bridal dresses in toddler and kids size.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:00 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times
Quote:
What? I don't understand what you are saying. All homosexual people want is the ability to marry others of the same sex that are also homosexual. This would have zero effect on your life or marriage. It is those militants that wish to deny Americans the right to marry that is in the wrong.
You don't understand... That sums up the gist of your postings rather succinctly.

Quote:
Also I noticed you refuse to answer a simple question, if you were the store owner would you want to sell two dresses or would you want to lose out the sale of two dresses and get a negative review on your service? Shouldn't be to hard for a militant person to answer.
As I consider myself not a, as you put it, “militant person” the answer you seek should be properly directed to the militant individual(s) that you have issues with, perhaps they will provide the answer that you seek.

Quote:
Also what perverted images are you talking about? Not sure what that has to do with this topic.
Huh? You ask many questions in your replies virtually with everyone, why is that? Just to be annoying? You cop a tone as if you somehow think that because YOU asked a question that you are entitled or owed an answer of the context that is of what you want to hear or meeting with your approval. You are entitled and are owed nothing, from me in particular. Your question has already been answered. That you do not like or care for the answer you received, perhaps more likely did not expect or get what you wanted to hear, is just too bad. Here's a pointer for ya, if ya don't like the answers your gonna get, then don't ask the friggin question, dig?

I bet ya ask the question again...

Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Selling dresses is not a religious activity. A bridal shop is not a church. So laws regulating COMMERCE have nothing to do with religion. If you want to run a religion, open a CHURCH, not a bridal shop.
But why not just go to the myriad of stores that gladly seek the business of the homosexual? Is it just to make a statement picking on the handful of unwilling participants to the charade of homosexualized marriage whom of which you will never beat, bully, insult or ridicule into an unwilling compliance? Do you just like being mean to people? That is what the general population sees. They don't see two cute little girls in love with one another they see two mean spirited, nasty, ugly d*k*s trying to force somebody into doing something they don't want to do. You might succeed with sugar as your vinegar approach is workin against ya.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And I wonder if the homosexual community is being harsher towards this christian shop owner than if the bridal shop was owned by devout muslims?
They won't dare pick on the Muslims, just Christians. Like all bullies they target and pick on the weak or rather whom they incorrectly perceive to be weak.

Last edited by JobZombie; 08-18-2014 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: I felt like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies