Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How many of you can point out where Iraq and Syria are on an unmarked map?
I can point our what is now known as "Iraq & Syria" on today's map and on just about any map from the past. It may be a total shock to most people, but Schools used to teach Geography.

I would also point out that at least one of the "Senior Administration Officials" in the backgrounder before the President's National Address to the Nation ..... seems to believe that Syria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabis "share an extensive border". Perhaps we can get Team-Obama some Maps. They prove useful when you are talking about a "No Boots"- "Not War".

Background Conference Call on the President's Address to the Nation - WhiteHouse.gov

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: I guess I would just add one thing on the coalition question -- and I think this is important to really focus on, which is to say, in discussions with governments in the region, notably the Saudis and the Jordanians, what is clear is that we have a very common view of this threat. And this is really quite unusual.

ISIL has been I think a galvanizing threat around the Sunni partners in the region. They view it as an existential threat to them. Saudi Arabia has an extensive border with Syria.] The Jordanians are experiencing a destabilizing impact of over a million refugees from the Syrian conflict, and are profoundly concerned that ISIL, who has stated that their ambitions are not confined to Iraq and Syria, but rather to expand to the broader region.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:26 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
The real solution is to land the army, kick their bunwahs, and leave , with the message that if they try this crappola again we'll be back to kick their bunwahs again.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even Russia and Saudi Arabia has now joined the coalition and pledge to help "by any means necessary, including appropriate military assistance.".
Why dont we have one of those ROTFLMAO emoticons?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM

66 posts, read 51,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The group goes under both names ISIL and ISIS, and although they call themselves 'islamic', practically all Muslims agree that murdering innocent civilians, especially other muslims is not in line with the Islamic faith.
Right so with that logic if a muslim eats bacon they aren't islamic either, because they're doing something now allowed by islam. You can't have it both ways.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Because Obama is a coward.
Ya must miss Dubya and The Dick who were such brave warriors, eh?

Their

Ready!

Fire!

Aim?

Strategy has done sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the country.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ready for another Viet Nam?
Like what we're getting in Iraq for once again sticking our nose where it didn't belong?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifhsou View Post
Right so with that logic if a muslim eats bacon they aren't islamic either, because they're doing something now allowed by islam. You can't have it both ways.
Correct that when someone does not follow the rules of a religion they are not acting as one of the faithful, Christians break their rules all the time, yet they are still considered to be Christians, happens in every religion.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:54 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You do understand that I didn't ask you to find Iraq. I asked you to point out Iraq on a map without country names. :-)
You must think everyone is ignorant, pointing out Iraq is something most middle schoolers should know, BTW in grade school I could point out all 50 states on a map, without names also, so what?

Your FEEBLE attempt to paint all Conservatives as ignorant of geography just to position yourself as more credible than most is a pathetic attempt to further your position.

In regards to the topic at hand, at this point the ever cowardly Arab League needs to step up and deal with this, if we reengage at this point it would be difficult to determine who really are our allies or enemies and what their agendas might be.

I suspect Obama will halfa$$ this like the rest of his Middle East policy and further deteriorate the situation.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You must think everyone is ignorant, pointing out Iraq is something most middle schoolers should know, BTW in grade school I could point out all 50 states on a map, without names also, so what?

Your FEEBLE attempt to paint all Conservatives as ignorant of geography just to position yourself as more credible than most is a pathetic attempt to further your position.
Most of you are ignorant. That has been my point.

Leave the middle east to the middle easterners. It's not our fight. Haven't we learned anything?

However, if the President comes out saying we are going in for their oil, I am all for it!

Old 09-15-2014, 11:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Interesting that you stuck on that one small point when the bulk of the support will go to the Iraqi Army and the Kurds.
So there is a document ? And Congress approved the spending ?
Nope..just your OPINION.

And we already have the CIA arming them and training them.
Now it just comes out in public with money he's asked Congress to give him.

Finding $25 million to give to the Kurds is not the "bulk of the funding".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies