Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM

939 posts, read 795,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Part of this plan is to train and arm other "friendly" rebels to fight for us.
We truly never learn do we ?
That plan hasn't been too successful before, but hey, let's try it again!

Old 09-15-2014, 12:19 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
They are a JV team... yahoos driving around with rifles in pickups and winning only because they've had little opposition. Iraqi soldiers (mainly in it for the paycheck) won't die defending the corrupt and brutal Iraqi government. Where ISIS have had opposition (ie Kurds defending their homeland) they have been driven back. Currently they occupy the desert between urban Syria and and Iraq -and have captured towns on the fringe. It needs a muslim world coalition with boots on the ground to drive them back. Western airstrikes will help but the aim of the recent executions is to goad the US & Britain into a ground war where allied troop become a honey pot for terrorists.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They are a JV team... yahoos driving around with rifles in pickups and winning only because they've had little opposition. Iraqi soldiers (mainly in it for the paycheck) won't die defending the corrupt and brutal Iraqi government. Where ISIS have had opposition (ie Kurds defending their homeland) they have been driven back. Currently they occupy the desert between urban Syria and and Iraq -and have captured towns on the fringe. It needs a muslim world coalition with boots on the ground to drive them back. Western airstrikes will help but the aim of the recent executions is to goad the US & Britain into a ground war where allied troop become a honey pot for terrorists.
Then why did Dingle Barry try to walk back his comments? Is Dingle Barry filled with panic also?

Sounds to me like you are saying that Barack Obama is incompetent.

"Keep in mind I wasn’t specifically referring to (Islamic State)," Obama replied.

Of course you weren't Barry. You're just incompetent.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
You hurt my feelings!- I guess you are a member of the "Politically correct" online police!
I have no idea what you mean?

Old 09-15-2014, 12:30 PM

26 posts, read 40,925 times
Default When will American Ground (Fighting) Troops be used against ISIS?

The military experts say we can not destroy or even effectively contain ISIS without ground troops.

In theory we will hire the job out and use troops from Middle Eastern Countries. But that is not likely to work. They have not proven that they would work together or have the discipline to finish the fight.

Also many of the ISIS fighters are right in with the civilians so any type of half measures like drones and regular bombers won't work.

So with this in mind when will American fighting troops be used against ISIS? And what will be the situation 5-10 years from now regarding ISIS?

Last edited by A New Professional; 09-15-2014 at 12:41 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 12:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
He didn't walk it back. The distinction is still local militias versus orgabaizations that can attack western targets.

"Keep in mind I wasn’t specifically referring to (Islamic State)," Obama replied. "I've said that, regionally, there were a whole series of organizations that were focused primarily locally, weren’t focused on homeland, because I think a lot of us, when we think about terrorism, the model is Osama bin Laden and 9/11."

Old 09-15-2014, 12:49 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
ISIS is an upstart terrorist group that is composed of a bunch of radical losers looking to spread their hate and take over the world much like Adolph Hitler in the 30's. ISIS should be taken seriously by our leaders because they are a true threat. The trouble is even though they declared war on the USA it should be the locals that deal with them. Yes we can go over and instruct and arm the armies but as history shows us that type of "help" has backfired on us many times with a so called friend turning enemy in the blink of an eye and then they turn our weapons on us.
War and fighting is a way of life in the Middle East and we are not going to change that no matter how many billions we send over there.
I say secure our borders, put anyone coming back from that area under a microscope and if they need aid, anything but a blank check and weapons, help them with it.
Ask your self this, if a militant group was acting up in America, setting off bombs and beheading innocent people would a foreign country come storming in to help us?

Old 09-15-2014, 12:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
The great leader has been reduced to being trotted out and say what he's told anymore. I don't think he cares much as long as they keep Meechelle off his back and the tee times lined up. I knew it was toast time when the claims of tossing bin laden into the ocean were squealed. Utter insanity.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He didn't walk it back. The distinction is still local militias versus orgabaizations that can attack western targets.

"Keep in mind I wasn’t specifically referring to (Islamic State)," Obama replied. "I've said that, regionally, there were a whole series of organizations that were focused primarily locally, weren’t focused on homeland, because I think a lot of us, when we think about terrorism, the model is Osama bin Laden and 9/11."
Quote:
Obama said his JV comment "wasn’t specifically referring to ISIL." He was not specifically asked about Islamic State, but it’s pretty clear this is the group that was being referenced in the conversation. The transcript backs this up, as do news events from the time of the discussion.

We rate the statement False.
Barry tried to walk it back, and has been called out for it.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:56 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Remember When Dingle Barry Referred to ISIS as the "JV Team?"

Your usual class act I see, I did not even know anyone still used the term. Sad to watch.
The term is used by thousands of adolescent junior high school students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies