Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:15 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,171,127 times

Advertisements

Who are actually, you know, IN America.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Well, they are clearly not chopping off heads, but they are no different than ISIS. Their methods are different but the fundamentals are the same, no freedom of religion is tolerated, everyone must follow their strict Islamic law or be punished.
But they are our Buddies, well when it is in their interest to be so, otherwise they are busy writing checks to those fighting us. Cannot tell the players without a guide

Old 09-16-2014, 10:01 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,765,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Who are actually, you know, IN America.
Jihadists are here too. Didn't you see the picture in the news a while back where some of the ISIS members were American natives? Or how about the incident in Wisconsin where the guy had the ISIS flag?

And did my original topic get merged in with this thread?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Whatever decisions are made or strategies crafted, this president is not fit to lead our nation in war.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:43 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
They don't want to call it war for political purposes. But they also seem to not be putting full effort into this operation. If we are going to do anything at all, lets put all we can into it, get it done and get out. Go in, troops included, and destroy them in Iraq. Or do nothing at all.

Quit playing politics and lets get it done. I have no doubt we could go into Iraq and put a whooping on them. Get rid of the wussification of new engagement rules and kill them.

Anything less, which is what were doing, is a complete waste of time and effort. Don't even bother, if we are going to go about it the way they plan.
To answer the thread title.

Google the names of the former military who have all gone on TV claiming we need to put troops on the ground. You will notice something similar about all of them.

You will begin to see that a bunch of them work for companies you have never heard of with weird names, the majority of which are military contractors or Urban planning corporations(read:nation building).

They are simply being company spokesmen.

You may not like the Obama Administration, but do you really take the word of the guys working for Academi LLC ( Blackwater's new name), Bechtel Corporation over current US generals whos actual job it is to run these operations ?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
To answer the thread title.

Google the names of the former military who have all gone on TV claiming we need to put troops on the ground. You will notice something similar about all of them.

You will begin to see that a bunch of them work for companies you have never heard of with weird names, the majority of which are military contractors or Urban planning corporations(read:nation building).

They are simply being company spokesmen.

You may not like the Obama Administration, but do you really take the word of the guys working for Academi LLC ( Blackwater's new name), Bechtel Corporation over current US generals whos actual job it is to run these operations ?
You're on to them.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:17 AM

576 posts, read 994,688 times
I know this is probably over simplified, but I would like some to answer to it, if for nothing else, so I can be a little more knowledgeable.

The ME has been doing this for centuries, killing each other in tribal warfare.

So why continue getting involved in their affairs, to the tune of billions of US Dollars and lives. Leave them to it. Let em have it. I know some will say, easier to do it, when they're over there, let em have it, they will soon be here, not so easy to deal with it here.

Restrict our borders, and deal with it here, .. spend what resources we have, securing "this" country.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnyl View Post

So why continue getting involved in their affairs, to the tune of billions of US Dollars and lives. Leave them to it. Let em have it. I know some will say, easier to do it, when they're over there, let em have it, they will soon be here, not so easy to deal with it here.

Restrict our borders, and deal with it here, .. spend what resources we have, securing "this" country.
The 'why' is those billions to be made by special interests.
That is also why our border is not controlled. Special interests profit.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:27 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
They own stock in Haliburton??

IS is a bad group that most Muslims dislike or even hate. The things they do to the Western hostages is humane compared to how they treat soldiers of other Muslims countries. There was a story in the NYT that interviewed a former member from Turkey. He said "They say you're not a real member until you've gotten to bury someone alive". They seem to have no older, experienced leader to reign them in. It's pure 20 yr disenfranchised testosterone driven behavior. Reminds me a lot of the drug cartels in Mexico. They both search for angry young men and give them money, power, and respect. The same NYT article said "they pay you $150 USD a day and the shopkeepers give you free stuff because they're afraid".

I support action against them but we better do a better job of not killing civilians and simply backing up the Iraqi army. The 2003-2010 Iraq War was a debacle that still effects the view Muslims have of America. Think the Abu Garab pictures are used in recruiting for IS??

Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Yes. We make a Shia muslim the president of the country where Sunnis are a majority. Thats a real recipe for success. Are we being effing serious here?
Pretty strange........I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Whatever decisions are made or strategies crafted, this president is not fit to lead our nation in war.
Not sure how his supporters thought otherwise. Even as a community organizer he has failed!
Even the terrorist find our President of no threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies