Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 06:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
You should pose that very question to your DA friends! They manipulate Grand Jury's to do what they, the DA, wants! The DA is in bed with cops! If the DA wants an indictment, there are very few jurors with the guts to "buck" them! If the DA doesn't want an indictment most Grand Jury's won't indict! The legal system is corrupt to the core. The criminals in America are the people enforcing the law the way they won't. These murdering cops will walk with the blessing of the crooked and corrupt DA.
I very must intend to ask him about this case tomorrow night when I see him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 06:40 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Whoa... now that was an insane bridge to a conservative lynching. You know some news is still just local, and being that I live in Cali I have enough local news to choke on. I live just blocks from where the cops shot a mans dog on the street for no reason. I live just a couple miles from where that homeless guy was beat to death by the two LA cops.

Just what would you have conservatives do?

This is an insane thread.
No offense, but most of the people bantering about open carry rights are single issue conservative voters. So here's a guy that gets shot, holding a piece of store merchandise, and there is little if any outcry from gun rights advocates on this matter. It's mum really.

It DOES make me wonder what would have happened if it were a white guy 'exercising his right' to open carry and he was mowed down.

I think it's a very valid observation.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:50 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No offense, but most of the people bantering about open carry rights are single issue conservative voters. So here's a guy that gets shot, holding a piece of store merchandise, and there is little if any outcry from gun rights advocates on this matter. It's mum really.
There are probably a LOT of open carry people who are very upset about this, but they don't have time to get on the internet about everything.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:28 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,812 times
I don't know exactly what happened because I didn't hear the 911 call. Now having said that, if the 911 caller lied, he should be charged with murder. He is the reason this poor kid was killed.

Oh and I am a 2nd amendment/open carry supporter.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
There are probably a LOT of open carry people who are very upset about this, but they don't have time to get on the internet about everything.
They do when it involves them and their protests.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

What am I missing? An innocent man is gunned down by cops for operating fully within his rights, a right that Conservatives have vociferously fought to have recognized as protected by the Constitution, and no one is charged w/ a crime or held liable. And nothing?

How do Conservatives reconcile their supposed vigilance against tyranny and gov't trampling over American rights w/ the silence over an American getting killed for doing nothing, but standing in a store and the murderers not even being charged?

I did a Google News search on the story when I got off work @ 6p -- "John Crawford Walmart." In that last hour, 342 websites have an posted an article about the story. Everyone from Slate to NBCNews to LA Times to UPI to the AP, even local news stations. Everyone except the vast majority of Conservative watchdogs.

Reason is the only Conservative source bringing this up. Every major independent and Left-leaning news source seems to at least have an update. Why?
The "well regulated militia" at its finest!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:50 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
That said... why don't police use non lethal weapons like rubber bullets? It will knock down any possible threat but allow them to live another day.
Nobody in their right mind is going to shoot rubber bullets at someone with a weapon if they can use the real thing.

Purely based on the video it seems to be an overreaction by the police.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
In cases like this, I would not shed a tear if the cop doing the shooting, finds the same fate, by the mother of that victim of oppression.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes people just see "GUN" and they think the worst... They have been so conditioned its sad........
If that is the way COPs want to play it, then perhaps the people should react in a similar manner and start shooting armed police. What goes around, comes around.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:33 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I don't know exactly what happened because I didn't hear the 911 call. Now having said that, if the 911 caller lied, he should be charged with murder. He is the reason this poor kid was killed.

Oh and I am a 2nd amendment/open carry supporter.
The reason this kid is dead is because the COPs shot him. They failed to assess the situation and reacted completely inappropriately. The only people to blame are the COPs, no one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies