Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:10 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
And it was never meant or black people. That is a statement of objective fact.

Let's just since 1883 till now, for 80% of this nation's history black people were not even citizens in reality. Couldn't vote couldn't live where they wanted ding have the protection of the law.

Were mostly brultilzed and living under either enslavement or the murderous Jim Crow south.

This is the reality black Americans for 80% of this nation's history. Yeah it's safe to say America was never meant for black people.

Again your questions are hilariously ignorant.
I am sure people like jay z, oprah, and lebron james would disagree with you. what's hilarious is you living in the past like it's a full time job. black people were slaves a trillion years ago. get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 08:20 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am sure people like jay z, oprah, and lebron james would disagree with you. what's hilarious is you living in the past like it's a full time job. black people were slaves a trillion years ago. get over it.
Why would they disagree?

Here you go talking about a screen name again.

In terms of what black people were essentially black people were slaves until the 1960's. Again you need to understand American history. The Jim Crow South and the black codes basically reconstituted a slavery like system.

It didn't end really until the late 1970's.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:25 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why would they disagree?

Here you go talking about a screen name again.

In terms of what black people were essentially black people were slaves until the 1960's. Again you need to understand American history. The Jim Crow South and the black codes basically reconstituted a slavery like system.

It didn't end really until the late 1970's.
they would agree because without this country, they'd have no money. let's face it, their skills are being annoying, making terrible music, and throwing a ball through a hoop. in any other country, they'd be making minimum wage. when did I mention a screen name? what on earth are you talking about? I am pretty sure I know more about history than your entire family/fan club combined. I know enough to leave it in the past, and move on to the present. you on the other hand, don't. it's comical to watch you whine though.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:52 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Bottom line is a large percent of White Americans are terrorized of the sight of a Black Man with a gun. The police in this shooting got the idea that he was threatening people because of a panicked 911 caller. The police should have used common sense but that caller bears part of the blame.

That said... why don't police use non lethal weapons like rubber bullets? It will knock down any possible threat but allow them to live another day.
Addressing rubber bullets alone:

Do you know if that particular department has rubber bullets? Assuming for a moment that they don't but other methods such as tasers or the like, ask yourself this: here's a man with a believed real gun. If he turns on me to fire, will I be able to take him down before he can make the shot? And then ask this second question: Do I know if he's the only assumed armed threat in this building or, if I take him down with only a taser in my hand, is there another person ready to take me out because I am not armed sufficiently to his attack?

Now, for a moment, don't take that as "Police making up reasoning to defend their use of excessive force.". Just look at it as if "you" were in that situation; would "you" be thinking in such terms?

Okay, now let's discuss the rubber bullets and assume that the department doesn't have them. Should they have them? Well, the victim probably would say yes. But does the department have the budget to buy them? Is one willing to have an increase in their taxes so the department can afford to have them and whatever else people believe they should have, should provide?

Or should this be another item that the Feds provide, another means the Feds have to have their control in local law enforcement.

Long story short, supply wise, be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 09-28-2014 at 09:01 AM..

Old 09-28-2014, 10:26 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
open carry debate may well be self-solving, darwin style
Are you saying that you want gun owners that choose to carry to be murdered, or that they deserve ("darwin style") to be murdered?

Sure seems like that's what you said. If that's not what you meant, you might want to clarify your position.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:31 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So then you're saying the cop knew that the man had a BB gun from off the store shelf but purposely shot him anyway.

proof?
No, I said the cop shot the man on purpose. He made the decision to point his gun at the man and pull the trigger. It wasn't an accident. He didn't slip and accidentally pull the trigger as a result of him trying to brace for the fall - he didn't have an involuntary muscle spasm in his hand that caused the gun to go off.

This shooting was not an accident like you claimed it was - it was clearly an on purpose shooting.

Last edited by hammertime33; 09-28-2014 at 11:01 AM..

Old 09-28-2014, 10:49 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
they would agree because without this country, they'd have no money. let's face it, their skills are being annoying, making terrible music, and throwing a ball through a hoop. in any other country, they'd be making minimum wage. when did I mention a screen name? what on earth are you talking about? I am pretty sure I know more about history than your entire family/fan club combined. I know enough to leave it in the past, and move on to the present. you on the other hand, don't. it's comical to watch you whine though.
Lol it's hilarious that you are speaking for Oprah and Jay Z. Lol. You really are trying though lol

And you know presume to know what their lives would be like in any other country. Lol

See you know Theyd all be making minium wage without the kindness of America towards their talents lol. And you know that they understand this. Lol

The rest of your post is pure irrelevant nonsense. Smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies