Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:17 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Gun rights advocates aren't saying anything because they usually tend to get involved with issues that actually involve...wait for it........gun rights. Your pathetic attempt to link gun rights to an incident of police accidentally shooting someone who was buying a BB gun at walmart is pathetic at best but at the same time it's really fun to watch. It's another example of what occurs in Liberal Bizzaro World- the alternate reality that liberals like to live in.......
You don't think police having the authority to shoot you for not putting down your gun quick enough in an open-carry state is a gun right's issue? Really? Haha...

If police were allowed to shoot you for not letting them into your house when they asked, would you consider that a right's violation, or is that just cops "accidentally" entering into your home...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 02:33 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You don't think police having the authority to shoot you for not putting down your gun quick enough in an open-carry state is a gun right's issue? Really? Haha...

If police were allowed to shoot you for not letting them into your house when they asked, would you consider that a right's violation, or is that just cops "accidentally" entering into your home...
Open carrying (or concealed) with your hands on the gun is illegal and is considered brandishing. It's a felony. So no... he was not "open carrying".
It's mandatory knowledge for those of us who who carry.
However this does not apply to this situation, the man was holding store merchandise.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:15 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No offense, but most of the people bantering about open carry rights are single issue conservative voters. So here's a guy that gets shot, holding a piece of store merchandise, and there is little if any outcry from gun rights advocates on this matter. It's mum really.

It DOES make me wonder what would have happened if it were a white guy 'exercising his right' to open carry and he was mowed down.

I think it's a very valid observation.
It's a very BLIND observation.

Don't know where you and the OP got the idea that "conservatives" are being silent on the matter. I've been flabbergasted by the whole thing since it happened, and was utterly shocked when I found out that nobody's being held accountable for the crime.

You guys only see what you want to see, apparently. Try opening your eyes, and when you're reading something written by one of those evil "conservatives," you might actually try paying attention once in a while to what they've written, instead of just scanning the posts for specific keywords that you can exploit to claim that the author is a racist.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:19 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The caller needs to go to jail for stating in his 911 call that the shooter was "waving the gun around". Video evidence shows that was a lie and he has admitted to it.

Everyone should watch the video from the mindset that the police showing up on the scene were told that a guy was waving a gun around at people.

I wish they'd shot the 911 caller.

Family is going to get everything that caller owns and a big settlement from the police dept. as well.

Those officers should be fired for poor training but a criminal indictment given they were lied to....that's a longshot.
It is no one's fault except for the COPs who pulled the trigger. They should be charged with premeditated murder.

The COPs did not assess the situation, did not announce who they were, and did not instruct the victim to put down the firearm. They simply came in guns blazing. They intended to kill the victim before they ever saw him. That constitutes premeditation.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is no one's fault except for the COPs who pulled the trigger. They should be charged with premeditated murder.

The COPs did not assess the situation, did not announce who they were, and did not instruct the victim to put down the firearm. They simply came in guns blazing. They intended to kill the victim before they ever saw him. That constitutes premeditation.
Sorry, no. The premeditation to create the situation was by the irresponsible 911 caller. He set the stage and the mental expectations for the cops by reporting a man walking around threatening people with a gun, and by stating that he had loaded it. The cops had every reason to expect the worst. This could be considered "murder by cop", in the lines of "suicide by cop".

That doesn't excuse their pizz poor handling of the situation or relieve them of responsibility. I'd split the blame 50/50 between the caller and the cops, who failed to properly assess the situation.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's a very BLIND observation.

Don't know where you and the OP got the idea that "conservatives" are being silent on the matter. I've been flabbergasted by the whole thing since it happened, and was utterly shocked when I found out that nobody's being held accountable for the crime.

You guys only see what you want to see, apparently. Try opening your eyes, and when you're reading something written by one of those evil "conservatives," you might actually try paying attention once in a while to what they've written, instead of just scanning the posts for specific keywords that you can exploit to claim that the author is a racist.
Sorry. You make a good point. Could you please point me to some of these discussions that are going on in Conservative media b/c I'm very interested in how they think this should be dealt with.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I made an observation, not a cry of racism.
Bull.
Quote:
No offense, but most of the people bantering about open carry rights are single issue conservative voters. So here's a guy that gets shot, holding a piece of store merchandise, and there is little if any outcry from gun rights advocates on this matter. It's mum really.

It DOES make me wonder what would have happened if it were a white guy 'exercising his right' to open carry and he was mowed down.

I think it's a very valid observation.
That's an accusation of racism, straight-up. That you're trying to lie about it is laughable. Man up and own your words.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Show me b/c I can't find Conservative outrage for this egregious violation of the 2nd amendment. I can't even find it on the NRA's site, and they're the ones who've been spearheading the open-carry movement.

How is it an insane bridge to cross to ask why the people who are the most vocal about protecting the 2nd Amendment are strangely silent about this obvious, egregious violation of the 2nd Amendment?

Since when have gun-rights activists deferred to prosecutors when it comes to defending the 2nd Amendment?

Biggest difference being that Utah isn't open-carry, Ohio is. The 2nd biggest difference is that there's clear video evidence of what went down in Ohio, not in Utah.

The question is about who to blame. The question is why aren't Conservatives outraged by this clear violation of the 2nd Amendment?
Here's a dollar. Please use it to buy a clue.

This case has nothing to do with open carry or the 2nd Amendment. NOTHING.

How you guys come up with this twisted nonsense is beyond me.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Sorry. You make a good point. Could you please point me to some of these discussions that are going on in Conservative media b/c I'm very interested in how they think this should be dealt with.
Somebody should call the FBI and report a couple of cops waving guns in a threatening manner. The Feds should 'pokerize them on the spot.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Come over and have a cup of coffee with me. I'd be happy to give you an earful about it.

As for your search to find something very specific on very specific websites, do your own damn research. I'm not your search engine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies