Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Accidentally shooting??????????????????????????????????

What was the 'accident'?

Would YOU like to be shot and killed while doing nothing more than shopping?

Talk about pathetic.............

Allow me to assist:

Quote:
An accident or a mishap is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance, often with lack of intention or necessity. It usually implies a generally negative outcome which might have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.

Accident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please let me know if that doesn't work. I can try to find a remedial version if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Accidental? This shooting wasn't an accident - it was an on purpose.
So then you're saying the cop knew that the man had a BB gun from off the store shelf but purposely shot him anyway.

proof?

Old 09-28-2014, 06:10 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

What am I missing? An innocent man is gunned down by cops for operating fully within his rights, a right that Conservatives have vociferously fought to have recognized as protected by the Constitution, and no one is charged w/ a crime or held liable. And nothing?

How do Conservatives reconcile their supposed vigilance against tyranny and gov't trampling over American rights w/ the silence over an American getting killed for doing nothing, but standing in a store and the murderers not even being charged?

I did a Google News search on the story when I got off work @ 6p -- "John Crawford Walmart." In that last hour, 342 websites have an posted an article about the story. Everyone from Slate to NBCNews to LA Times to UPI to the AP, even local news stations. Everyone except the vast majority of Conservative watchdogs.

Reason is the only Conservative source bringing this up. Every major independent and Left-leaning news source seems to at least have an update. Why?
My guess he is a young black man not the demographic right to carry types think need guns.

In fact right to carry types are much more apt to view that man with fear and view men with his skin color as the main threat and reason they need to carry and protect themselves.

Seeing that young man gunned down brings me to something my dad told me long ago

America was never meant for black people. We have barely been considered human, let alone citizens.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You don't think police having the authority to shoot you for not putting down your gun quick enough in an open-carry state is a gun right's issue? Really? Haha...

If police were allowed to shoot you for not letting them into your house when they asked, would you consider that a right's violation, or is that just cops "accidentally" entering into your home...
Can you cite that law that gives police the authority to shoot you for not putting down your gun quick enough in an open-carry state?

Quote:
If police were allowed to shoot you for not letting them into your house when they asked, would you consider that a right's violation, or is that just cops "accidentally" entering into your home
Since police don't have the authority to shoot you for not letting them into your house when they asked that question is ever more asinine that the thread itself. Your attempt to imply that gun rights activists don't care because they're racists fails miserably.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
My guess he is a young black man not the demographic right to carry types think need guns.

In fact right to carry types are much more apt to view that man with fear and view men with his skin color as the main threat and reason they need to carry and protect themselves.

Seeing that young man gunned down brings me to something my dad told me long ago

America was never meant for black people. We have barely been considered human, let alone citizens.

Your father clearly did his job well (as many African American parents do) in keeping up with the time honored tradition of educating his children on their status as perpetual victims. Congratulations! Parenting WIN!

I'm going to bet that you've never even heard of the following story. Gee- why would that be? What's your take on this story?

Black cop kills white man, media hide race

Last edited by Rick Roma; 09-28-2014 at 06:53 AM..

Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Your father clearly did his job well (as many African American parents do) in keeping up with the time honored tradition of educating his children on their status as perpetual victims. Congratulations! Parenting WIN!

I'm going to bet that you've never even heard of the following story. Gee- why would that be? What's your take on this story?

Black cop kills white man, media hide race
Wow you are expert on what black parents teach their children?

What do white parents teach their children?

How about Hasidic Jewish parents?

What about first generation Armenian parents?

What about Mennonite parents

What about parents where one is a Filipino and the other puerto rican what do they teach their children?
Please teach me since you believe you know what black parents teach their children, I'm looking for a word that describes a person who makes outlandish claims like that, I think the words begin with either the letter b...ending with letter t

Or beginning with the letter r and ending with the letter t.

And the story you posted has what to do with this story?

Oh that's right nothing

Old 09-28-2014, 07:14 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Quote:

then why did blacks sell each other into slavery in this country? would you be happier in your country of origin?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
then why did blacks sell each other into slavery in this country? would you be happier in your country of origin?
Lol. I mean what ignorant questions.

Here's a little hint my family as most black people's families has been in America far far far longer than the average European American.

European Americans asking black Americans about leaving America as if the nation belongs to them gets exactly to the point my dad made those many years ago because again on average black American's can trace their American lineage far far far far further back than European Americans, most of whom families didnt get here until the 1900's. SMh

It takes a special kind of privilege to be blind to that reality and ask that type of question.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:37 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Quote:
Lol. I mean what ignorant questions.

Here's a little hint my family as most black people's families has been in America far far far longer than the average European American.

European Americans asking black Americans about leaving America as if the nation belongs to them gets exactly to the point my dad made those many years ago because again on average black American's can trace their American lineage far far far far further back than European Americans, most of whom families didnt get here until the 1900's. SMh

It takes a special kind of privilege to be blind to that reality and ask that type of question.
you said that america was never meant for black people. I then asked if you'd be happier in your country of origin. I did not tell you to go anywhere. your reading comprehension skills are horrific.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you said that america was never meant for black people. I then asked if you'd be happier in your country of origin. I did not tell you to go anywhere. your reading comprehension skills are horrific.
And it was never meant or black people. That is a statement of objective fact.

Let's just since 1883 till now, for 80% of this nation's history black people were not even citizens in reality. Couldn't vote couldn't live where they wanted ding have the protection of the law.

Were mostly brultilzed and living under either enslavement or the murderous Jim Crow south.

This is the reality black Americans for 80% of this nation's history. Yeah it's safe to say America was never meant for black people.

Again your questions are hilariously ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies