Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sorry, no. The premeditation to create the situation was by the irresponsible 911 caller. He set the stage and the mental expectations for the cops by reporting a man walking around threatening people with a gun, and by stating that he had loaded it. The cops had every reason to expect the worst. This could be considered "murder by cop", in the lines of "suicide by cop".

That doesn't excuse their pizz poor handling of the situation or relieve them of responsibility. I'd split the blame 50/50 between the caller and the cops, who failed to properly assess the situation.
First, the COPs never heard the 911 caller, they only heard what the dispatcher told them.

Second, any COP that is incapable of correctly assessing a situation once they arrive on the scene, in spite of what they are told by the dispatcher, should not be holding a badge much less a firearm.

Third, the COPs failed to identify themselves, or say anything at all. They simply started shooting first. A decision to use malice aforethought is by definition "premeditation."

The COPs should be charged and tried for first degree murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 03:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The Feds should 'pokerize them on the spot.
Bumpty bumpty bump!

Old 09-25-2014, 03:57 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Somebody should call the FBI and report a couple of cops waving guns in a threatening manner. The Feds should 'pokerize them on the spot.
Or better yet, wait for the killer COPs to go off duty and then call 911 and report them as "crazed lunatics on PCP that are threatening people by brandishing assault weapons and screaming 'Allah Akbar!'"

That should get the appropriate response.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:51 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Bumpty bumpty bump!
Mr King has a way with words!

Old 09-25-2014, 06:17 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

What am I missing? An innocent man is gunned down by cops for operating fully within his rights, a right that Conservatives have vociferously fought to have recognized as protected by the Constitution, and no one is charged w/ a crime or held liable. And nothing?

How do Conservatives reconcile their supposed vigilance against tyranny and gov't trampling over American rights w/ the silence over an American getting killed for doing nothing, but standing in a store and the murderers not even being charged?

I did a Google News search on the story when I got off work @ 6p -- "John Crawford Walmart." In that last hour, 342 websites have an posted an article about the story. Everyone from Slate to NBCNews to LA Times to UPI to the AP, even local news stations. Everyone except the vast majority of Conservative watchdogs.

Reason is the only Conservative source bringing this up. Every major independent and Left-leaning news source seems to at least have an update. Why?
He was told to put it down. All he had to do was follow the officer's request, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:57 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
He was told to put it down. All he had to do was follow the officer's request, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
If the cops did tell him to put the gun down, the video clearly indicates he didn't hear them. Before being shot, he never looks at, or in the direction of, the cops. Before being shot he doesn't alter his behavior in any way whatsoever. In the moments before the cops arrived he's turned sideways, looking at the shelves, and talking on his cell phone while swinging the BB gun back and forth at his side, and at the moment he's shot he's turned sideways, looking at the shelves, talking on his cell phone while swinging the BB gun back and forth at his side.

In the 30 second clip on here showing the shooting - and in the 17 minutes of video you can find elsewhere online showing every movement of this man from the time he arrived in the Walmart parking lot until he was shot - he never once points the BB gun at anyone (cop or Walmart patron), and he never once uses the BB gun in a threatening manner towards anyone (cop or Walmart patron).

There was ZERO reason to shoot him.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Was he? I didn't hear that. What I saw was the cops coming in & immediately shooting him. Look at it again, they shot him the second they walked into that aisle.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:02 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
I guess little can be done about unjustified police shootings until they get bold enough to enter rich neighborhoods and shoot an unarmed rich person in the the back.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
just IMHO but i dont think i want you to carry a loaded gun into walmart. sorry.
a loyal NRA supporter.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:38 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
just IMHO but i dont think i want you to carry a loaded gun into walmart. sorry.
a loyal NRA supporter.
open carry debate may well be self-solving, darwin style
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies