Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 AM

46,312 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No offense, but most of the people bantering about open carry rights are single issue conservative voters. So here's a guy that gets shot, holding a piece of store merchandise, and there is little if any outcry from gun rights advocates on this matter. It's mum really.

It DOES make me wonder what would have happened if it were a white guy 'exercising his right' to open carry and he was mowed down.

I think it's a very valid observation.

Nothing would happen, just like you heard nothing about this "white guy" getting shot and not a peep...

But continue with your BS...

Brother of fugitive killed by Salt Lake City police says he wasn't armed | The Salt Lake Tribune

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-29-2014 at 04:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
There are probably a LOT of open carry people who are very upset about this, but they don't have time to get on the internet about everything.
People just stop giving a damn when every time someone gets shot it gets posted on here and it's always the gun, it's never the person who pulled the trigger...more laws, means a safer community...just ask any thug....

Old 09-25-2014, 05:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Bottom line is a large percent of White Americans are terrorized of the sight of a Black Man with a gun.
Well, not a black "man" but I'd love to see this more often:

Armed societies are polite societies. And yes, cops primarily shoot unarmed people for a reason; they can't shoot back.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Bottom line is a large percent of White Americans are terrorized of the sight of a Black Man with a gun.

Quote:
There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved. The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

What am I missing? An innocent man is gunned down by cops for operating fully within his rights, a right that Conservatives have vociferously fought to have recognized as protected by the Constitution, and no one is charged w/ a crime or held liable. And nothing?

How do Conservatives reconcile their supposed vigilance against tyranny and gov't trampling over American rights w/ the silence over an American getting killed for doing nothing, but standing in a store and the murderers not even being charged?

I did a Google News search on the story when I got off work @ 6p -- "John Crawford Walmart." In that last hour, 342 websites have an posted an article about the story. Everyone from Slate to NBCNews to LA Times to UPI to the AP, even local news stations. Everyone except the vast majority of Conservative watchdogs.

Reason is the only Conservative source bringing this up. Every major independent and Left-leaning news source seems to at least have an update. Why?

dont scream at conservatives, scream to have the cop charged.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:30 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
It's obvious that no one watched the news conference yesterday that the DA put on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
This country is so ****ed up. All on the news here in Texas there have been stories of people carrying real guns out in public, to Lubys, Target, on the sidewalk protesting, etc., and no shots fired. Yet this guy is just holding a bb gun and cops come in blazing because of one 911 caller who obviously lied. Why did they come in like that and not even communicate with Walmart? Why didn't they tell him to put the gun down? Oh yeah I forgot, shoot first, ask questions later, and we are cops so we will get off the hook without charges.
According to the DA, these officers had taken active shooter training this past July and were just following protocol. As far as communication goes, they only talked to the 911 dispatcher. The police and the actual 911 caller never communicated.

While all of this was happening, a few people contacted Wal-Mart employees in the store about the man. They were trying to get a manager over to him to ask him to put down the BB gun.

The DA repeated a few times that the officers were afraid for their lives and the lives of others in the store and that is the reason they were not indicted. I always thought that the evidence must prove that the shooter was in danger. I don't see it in this case.

Finally, I have a lot of thoughts on the 911 caller and every one of them will get me a lengthy time out if not a complete ban from this forum.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:05 AM

19,785 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nothing would happen, just like you heard nothing about this "white guy" getting shot and not a peep...

But continue with your racist BS...

Brother of fugitive killed by Salt Lake City police says he wasn't armed | The Salt Lake Tribune
Wow- I'm just making an observation. You play the race card at the drop of a hat, don't you? Sorry if you're so sensitive. I made an observation, not a cry of racism.

By the way- here's another pearl- Guy goes for his wallet after getting pulled over and gets.. shot.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...25-14.cnn.html

This time the cop is fired and charged.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Wow- I'm just making an observation. You play the race card at the drop of a hat, don't you? Sorry if you're so sensitive. I made an observation, not a cry of racism.

By the way- here's another pearl- Guy goes for his wallet after getting pulled over and gets.. shot.

New U.S. airstrikes hitting ISIS targets - CNN.com Video

This time the cop is fired and charged.
Ahhh yea...You clearly stated that if a "white guy" got shot...LOL...

Just pointing out the obvious....seems you are the touchy one...

Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 AM

680 posts, read 1,035,132 times
I have seen a lot of outrage from conservatives on this. One of the football message boards that I frequent is full of conservative posters. They all seem to be infuriated with the police and the irresponsible 911 caller.

This entire thread seems to be an effort to play the race card and bash conservatives because some anti-gun moron in a Wal Mart decided that a kid carrying a pellet gun is the same as "brandishing a weapon".

Conservatives didn't kill that kid....the combination of police and an irrational fear of a toy that can, at worst, put an eye out killed that kid.

Last edited by tigerphan; 09-25-2014 at 08:27 AM..

Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 AM

19,785 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ahhh yea...You clearly stated that if a "white guy" got shot...LOL...

Just pointing out the obvious....seems you are the touchy one...
Sure- that's called an observation within reason, not "This is such a racist act of aggression"...

I think it is VERY valid to say- wonder what would have happened IF.. I mean- there are A LOT of posters on this board that go on and on about open carry and 2nd amendment rights, and I don't see any reflection of support from them regarding this incident in an open carry state.. .So.... What's up with that? Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies