Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 10:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What relevance does a 2006 video have regarding comments made by Gruber 6 years later?

Seriously folks, get a grip on reality.
it holds far more relance than you bringing up Reagan

Old 11-18-2014, 10:50 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
What was the lie of Obama regarding the video or Gruber?
I don't believe Obama when he says 'he's just now heard about this.' I believe they worked together on a way to shield the cost of ACA to get it through and he's slipped into his slick willie I knew nothing about nothing guy that everybody gives a pass to.

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Obama never lied about his mother's death nor did he lie about Gruber. Right wing news is like listening to catty, gossipy, middle-school girls bully a classmate: childish, irrelevant, unsubstantial, and non-productive.
Oh, I feel a bit of sympathy for you. Did you buy Obama's lie and empathize with him as he sorrowfully commented on the circumstances of his mother's death to score political points? Obama got you with his lies.

Don't be mad at the messenger (me), be mad at the liar for lying (Obama).

Obama continued this lie, even after he was caught in it - knowing that most wouldn't find out that it wasn't true. And what is even more shocking - is that Obama knew that many that would find out, would be fine with the lie, since it came from a person that is a dreamy party leader. At least you weren't in that second group as you have too much integrity for that.

Here is the Washington Post readdressing Obama lying about the circumstances of his own mother's death for political points: ‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

I am sure that you will be very upset with Obama for this kind of a lie and will not sheepishly excuse it away.

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It all comes down to if Obama and the Democrats are so proud of Obamacare why didn't their incumbent candidates shout it from the rooftops to get re-elected? Brag about their role in passing it? Wear "I GAVE YOU OBAMACARE! tee shirts on the campaign trail? Talk about those amazing deductibles? Why did they have to pass the bill to find out what's in it if it was so wonderful? Why did Obama and Pelosi lie about knowing Gruber Who? who visited the White House 19 times per the White House Visitor Logs? They're treating the guy like he's Grubola, someone they couldn't pick out of a crowd of 2 people and in need of quarantine. If Obamacare is so wonderful why did they have to lie about keeping your doctor/plan? Why did they have to obfuscate to get the Congressional Budget Office to low ball it if it's so wonderful cost-wise? Why aren't they upset that Gruber thinks they're stupid because the Republicans didn't vote for Obamacare so they weren't hoodwinked. The stupid people he refers to must be the Democrats, you know, those intelligent donkeys in the White House and on Capitol Hill that must have missed the invention of videotape and sound recording.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:52 AM

671 posts, read 891,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Ad hominem
Attacking your opponents character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

You could at least attempt to address the post.
That was not an attack,,just a reasonable observation....No need to attack the cripple minded..just pointing out the obvious....Why didn't you scream racist instead? That's a top response from the democratic party's drone handbook.
Is your name Gruber?

Old 11-18-2014, 10:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I don't believe Obama when he says 'he's just now heard about this.' I believe they worked together on a way to shield the cost of ACA to get it through and he's slipped into his slick willie I knew nothing about nothing guy that everybody gives a pass to.
Exactly. I think I heard that Gruber has visited the White House 19 times, and now with him saying he took ideas from Gruber I have to ask how they expect anyone to believe Obama didnt know what was going on..

And if he didnt know what was going on, why the hell is he in charge?

Old 11-18-2014, 10:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Seriously, I WANT to be republican but its the ignorance and lies. . .that keeps me from doing it.

Lie 1 - There conservative policies aren't free-market, just regulation in the form of keeping people in power (i.e. Comcast or Gas companies)

Lie 2 - They pretend that there is a debate in Global warming, to help the people in Lie 1 stay in power.

Lie 3 - They pretend there is some god and we must enforce that theocracy in schools, god forbid people think rationally. At the same time they want to kill people that they think is guilty, even though this god preached against it.

Lie 4 - they say they don't want govt involved in your decisions, then they take away women rights, try to limit same sex rights, and interfere with what drugs you put in your body. They want to control everything.

lie 5 - they get upset when some strategist tells the truth about how laws are made, even though they have using the same techniques for years

Lie 6 - they pretend they are worried about voter fraud, when they are really worried about poor minorities voting

If it wasn't for the lies, I would vote Republican in a heartbeat.

Not one republican bought the lies.
It was the democrats that were stupid, as usual. Hook, Line & Sinker.
A democrat sucker is born every minute.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:57 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
So sick of the name calling by both parties. Keeping the voters from both sides battling over who is right or wrong doesn't solve a thing & its plain childish.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Exactly - and though people may say he didn't mean to call voters stupid, the fundamental deception he exposed still exists. It's the same deception that allowed Mr. Obama to lie when he said "if you like you plan, you can keep it." Anyone that repeated this argument can consider themselves duped. It never made any sense that you could leave so many people untouched, add 30 million new people all while lowering costs. On it's face, it isn't believable, but many believed it and some still do.
That really is one point that sticks in my craw. It was true before ACA, and it is true after. ACA didn't cause this, but it did fail to address it. He should have said that ACA will not cause you to lose your plan. As far as the ACA is concerned, the only way you would lose your plan is if it was sub-par. (Covers less than 60% of cost). People losing their plan was an act of greed on the insurers, trying to expose loopholes that the law failed to address. It's not really a lie. (A lie is "mission accomplished". A lie is "we have proof of WMD's, just trust us".)

Old 11-18-2014, 11:02 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

That still doesn't put him on the same level as Republicans.
Yep, puts him on a much higher level than the repubs ever thought about being on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies