Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
We had to pass the bill so that we could, you know, find out what was in it.
So true. No one could predict all that would happen when they 'pushed the button'

Old 11-18-2014, 08:48 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
You do realize that the entire financial structure of insurance, as a general product, is non-claimants paying more so that the claimants receive benefits right? In the case of health insurance it is just the healthy paying more so that the sick can get benefits.
They do not realize that Gruber realized it, and he assumed it was a great secret which no one knew about. Anyone who has ever had insurance of any kind knows this "secret".

Old 11-18-2014, 08:48 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Most Democrats I know are neither stupid nor uninformed. They are a bit naïve and gullible, but more than a little self-righteous.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm not an Obama fan either, but still find myself defending him against posts like this. People say that the hate for him is not generated by racism, but then you have comments like this.

He was not my first choice for President, but he is our president. You might hate him, but you can't debate his policy. His policy was dead before he ever took office. The right vowed (before he was in office) to thwart him, even if it brought down our country (success), and the media has been on him far more than any other president in our history.

I said in 2008, and I say now, Hillary should have gotten the nomination, and the office.
Complete delusion here.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
He didn't say his comments were wrong. He said he was wrong for making them.

"I was speaking off the cuff and I spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments." Jonathan Gruber,

"This is something we see going back through the Clinton and Bush Presidencies which is that public policies that involve spending is typically less politically palatable (i.e. the public is gonna say, "Aw, Hell NAW!") than policies that involve doing things for the tax code. It would have made more sense to do Obamacare the way we did it in Massachusetts, which would be to actually give people money and offset the cost of their health insurance. That was politically infeasible and so instead it was done to the tax code."

You know what. Reagan didn't know a THING about Iran Contra, either. And Obama didn't know a THING about people not being able to keep their insurance.

People hear what they want to hear. GIMME FREE STUFF and NO PRESIDENT LIES EVER.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:56 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You know what?

Not one Republican bought the lies.

Who really is the stupid uninformed voter?
Seriously, I WANT to be republican but its the ignorance and lies. . .that keeps me from doing it.

Lie 1 - There conservative policies aren't free-market, just regulation in the form of keeping people in power (i.e. Comcast or Gas companies)

Lie 2 - They pretend that there is a debate in Global warming, to help the people in Lie 1 stay in power.

Lie 3 - They pretend there is some god and we must enforce that theocracy in schools, god forbid people think rationally. At the same time they want to kill people that they think is guilty, even though this god preached against it.

Lie 4 - they say they don't want govt involved in your decisions, then they take away women rights, try to limit same sex rights, and interfere with what drugs you put in your body. They want to control everything.

lie 5 - they get upset when some strategist tells the truth about how laws are made, even though they have using the same techniques for years

Lie 6 - they pretend they are worried about voter fraud, when they are really worried about poor minorities voting

If it wasn't for the lies, I would vote Republican in a heartbeat.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:02 AM

671 posts, read 889,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Seriously, I WANT to be republican but its the ignorance and lies. . .that keeps me from doing it.

Lie 1 - There conservative policies aren't free-market, just regulation in the form of keeping people in power (i.e. Comcast or Gas companies)

Lie 2 - They pretend that there is a debate in Global warming, to help the people in Lie 1 stay in power.

Lie 3 - They pretend there is some god and we must enforce that theocracy in schools, god forbid people think rationally. At the same time they want to kill people that they think is guilty, even though this god preached against it.

Lie 4 - they say they don't want govt involved in your decisions, then they take away women rights, try to limit same sex rights, and interfere with what drugs you put in your body. They want to control everything.

lie 5 - they get upset when some strategist tells the truth about how laws are made, even though they have using the same techniques for years

Lie 6 - they pretend they are worried about voter fraud, when they are really worried about poor minorities voting

If it wasn't for the lies, I would vote Republican in a heartbeat.
And you just proved the point about liberals and democrats.....blind and brainwashed drones holding onto anything they can grab...Try thinking for yourself,,it's refreshing...

Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
The focus of grubergate is that Gruber made statements, that in the light of day are offensive, but instead of being admonished, obama and the D-party pulled their chairs closer to listen to the deceit Gruber suggested.

As they say ethics is what you do when no one is around.

The coverup by Obama, pelosi and the dems is right out of the bible where Peter denies Christ 3xs.

One comentator said it perfectly; that watching Pelosi and Obama deny even knowing Gruber was as if he had taken crazy pills and could not comprehend such behavior in light of the evidence.

This was not a good recruiting tool for Dem support, at least we hope it gives Dems pause as to who they will support next election, but that may be asking too much. Stupidity and being uninformed are not the only negative attributes that come into play.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:09 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
So he said he's wrong and that makes it ok in your book?

He goes into great detail on how they manipulated the public on this bill. And yes, they being himself, Obama and his administration.

It's amazing how this stuff just is ok by many Obama lovers on CD. I'm just floored everyday how much you guys will accept and just roll over and take it ... nothing bothers you about Obama.
I don't know any liberals that have nothing about the Obama administration that bothers them.

That still doesn't put him on the same level as Republicans.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:10 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
And you just proved the point about liberals and democrats.....blind and brainwashed drones holding onto anything they can grab...Try thinking for yourself,,it's refreshing...
Ad hominem
Attacking your opponents character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

You could at least attempt to address the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies