Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 04:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He let you know something else which you ignored. Another example of why no one believes your claims.
Awww...it's about me again. What you choose to believe or not believe is of no interest to me. If you do not want to believe GOP had control of Congress and WH, then so be it. Full control = Control of the House, Senate, and WH. It is not a claim, it is a fact, which you can easily verify yourself. I am not here to spoon-feed common knowledge to people who are more interested in talking about other posters than anything else.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-18-2014 at 04:29 AM..

Old 11-18-2014, 04:51 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
Finn, why are you so worked up? What two major things occurred, among others, during Bush's presidency. Hint: a major new cabinet department was established because of it and a good bill was passed in 2007 with regard to one of the issues you mention below. Take it easy.

PS: Done with bipartisan support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is that also why GOP didn't pass immigration, tax reform and health care when they had House, Senate and White House?

Old 11-18-2014, 04:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Pre-existing conditions? That was one of the most often repeated selling points. What makes you say people had no knowledge about it? Yes, the healthy pay for the sick. That's the whole thing in a nutshell, and contrary to Gruber's' comment that was actually was the selling point. Get the young and the healthy to sign up through the mandate, and then you'd have a larger pool of payers. You never heard them say that?
So what you're admitting, is that the left wing talking point that Gruber meant that they had to hide that the healthy would be paying more so that the sick could get benefits, is another lie being told by the left..

Yeah, we knew that..

Old 11-18-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
The same reason Democrats didn't pass immigration reform the first two years of the Obama Administration when they had both houses of Congress, incompetence.
Quote:
Is that also why GOP didn't pass immigration, tax reform and health care when they had House, Senate and White House?
The Republicans didnt do all of those things because Republican supporters arent as stupid as Democratic ones. We would have seen bull crap for bull crap and called them on it..

Years later, we're still waiting for Democrats to stop being stupid..

Old 11-18-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Awww...it's about me again. What you choose to believe or not believe is of no interest to me. If you do not want to believe GOP had control of Congress and WH, then so be it. Full control = Control of the House, Senate, and WH. It is not a claim, it is a fact, which you can easily verify yourself. I am not here to spoon-feed common knowledge to people who are more interested in talking about other posters than anything else.
No one ever said the GOP didnt have control. What are you babbling about?

You seem very defensive this morning, to the point of non-coherant

Old 11-18-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Finn, why are you so worked up? What two major things occurred, among others, during Bush's presidency. Hint: a major new cabinet department was established because of it and a good bill was passed in 2007 with regard to one of the issues you mention below. Take it easy.

PS: Done with bipartisan support.
Like I said:

Immigration is not my top concern. It is also not my top concern to wonder why someone didn't do something in the past when they could have. I am just throwing your own questions back at you. I am always an optimist, and I think GOP can make a difference (if they choose to), and I am also hopeful for some of the 2016 presidential possibilities, especially Huckabee.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So what you're admitting, is that the left wing talking point that Gruber meant that they had to hide that the healthy would be paying more so that the sick could get benefits, is another lie being told by the left..

Yeah, we knew that..
No, actually I meant what I said.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Republicans didnt do all of those things because Republican supporters arent as stupid as Democratic ones. We would have seen bull crap for bull crap and called them on it.
So, GOP does not write bills because they know they can't create one honest enough to pass Yet somehow they were able to dupe the stupid American voters to allow them to expand Medicare by half a trillion dollars Interesting....

Old 11-18-2014, 05:44 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
So, GOP does not write bills because they know they can't create one honest enough to pass Yet somehow they were able to dupe the stupid American voters to allow them to expand Medicare by half a trillion dollars Interesting....
How about, they listened to the people they work for....

And why are you still defending this? Take grubers "stupid" comment out and he still very clearly stated that they had to give false numbers/lie to the CBO to make this pass...

Quote:
Mr. Gruber said further that the law was written in a “tortured way” to make sure that the Congressional Budget Office did not refer to the penalties for not buying insurance as “taxes.” The budget used the congressional language, and, in truth, the penalties were designed to push people into buying insurance.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I take it you are joking about the bolded parts.
Can't debate his policy because he has not been allowed to get anything through. Even ACA is far different than what he was elected by the people to do, all to appease the screaming of the opposition.

I think he's been a largely inneffective president. Much because of his arrogance and inability to connect or communicate, but also equally or more-so because he has not been allowed to do ANYTHING.

His goal is not to bring down the country, any more than W's goal was to turn us over to corporate interests and into a war machine. Presidents do what they do for love of country, and because they want their children, and their children's children to have a good place to live. Hate his vision, that's fair, but assuming his goal is to bring down our great country is evidence of you drinking the kool-aid too.

Much of what the right is afraid of is already writing on the wall. America is still the greatest nation on earth, but the playing field has changed, and the scenario that has made us great is different. To stay on top, we need to change, and stay ahead of the curve. There is (unfortunately) some equalling of the playing field, it is not this president's fault, or any others'. It just is.

I don't like a lot of what he's doing, but I also think a lot of it has been forced upon him by the right. (Example: Executive order on immigration. I think it's a bad move and bad timing, but the fact remains that there was a bill put forth by the Senate that the Republican led house REFUSED to bring to the floor. He didn't say "I will put out this executive order no matter what". He said "You (house) give me a bill, and I'll either sign it or veto, and live with the consequences. If you don't, I'll take action." That actually IS how it's supposed to work. In that the congress makes laws, and if they fail to do so, the administrative lead puts pressure on them to perform the task they were elected to do.

I guess my frustration is that the Congress is failing to do their job, and the ONLY response you get from the right, and from the media is "blame Obama". I have no issue with blaming him for a LOT, but not for everything. Why give the house and Senate a free pass? They are just as guilty, if not more....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies