Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 10:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Enrolling the young and the healthy (and everyone else) was the plan, not a secret. There is even a mandate. This maybe news to you, but it is true.
You can't distract me from the Gruber issue.

Gruber/Obama did not want members of Congress to know that a person's health condition would be completely eliminated as a factor in setting premiums.

Before you again display how little you know about insurance, 100% elimination of risk in setting rates is Not what normal people expect or experience in car insurance.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:12 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It was sold as insurance for everyone. What Obama, Gruber, and the Dems tried to hide from the American public was that the young and healthy were going to be severely overcharged to subsidize the old and sick. Gruber even admits it.
That's your version and you are sticking to it I quoted Grubar's own words a number of times, so I won't bother again.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
This is why I'm a "small government" guy. We've seen it over and over and over again. Government will lie, steal and cheat whenever it suits them. The less (federal) government (no, not NO government) the better in most cases.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:14 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You know what?

Not one Republican bought the lies.

Who really is the stupid uninformed voter?
The ones who constantly have to reassure themselves that they're the smartest ones in the room; that they are the intellectuals who have a college education; that they are 'more informed' than those scary 'others' (i.e. Fox News watching, Red State, gun-toting rednecks), are usually the ones who are most insecure and have the most the prove. It's the classic small penis/Napoleon complex.

Whenever somebody posts one of those dubious studies claiming that liberals/Democrats are better or smarter in some way than other groups my first thought is always "I'll bet [insert liberal lobbying group here] paid for that study." And sure enough, that's almost always the case.

Liberals are notorious for their allergy to facts. They don't respond to reason. They respond better to things that appeal to their ego and emotions. Appealing to emotions is what we do to children.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:17 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
The Washington Free Beacon uncovered a video from 2006 of Obama telling a Brookings Institution panel he had “stolen ideas liberally” from MIT professor Jonathan Gruber.

Okay, a video referring to praising ideas before the ideas in question have been created is not valid. To be consistent, you would also have to criticize President Reagan for promoting those people who provided a safe haven for Osama (Taliban).

Reagan freedom fighters taliban foreign policy - Business Insider

Old 11-18-2014, 10:21 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
So he said he's wrong and that makes it ok in your book?

He goes into great detail on how they manipulated the public on this bill. And yes, they being himself, Obama and his administration.

It's amazing how this stuff just is ok by many Obama lovers on CD. I'm just floored everyday how much you guys will accept and just roll over and take it ... nothing bothers you about Obama.
Don't kid yourself, they are being paid by OFA to parrot talking points.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You know what?

Not one Republican bought the lies.

Who really is the stupid uninformed voter?
The Republican. Really. Why do you ask?

Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
That's your version and you are sticking to it I quoted Grubar's own words a number of times, so I won't bother again.
From what I remember, you have MISquoted Gruber a number of times by leaving out 6 words at the beginning of a sentence.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:23 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Exactly. Gruber admitted they were trying to hide the fact that the healthy would be overcharged to pay for the sick under Obamacare. That didn't use to happen with health insurance. Insurance costs were risk-adjusted prior to Obamacare. That's why THIS has resulted:
Quote:
"Americans who say they’ve been hurt by Obamacare outnumber those who say they’ve benefited from it by more than 2 to 1, according to recent polls by both Rasmussen and Gallup."
The High Costs of Obamacare | RealClearPolitics

And believe me... a LOT of former Obama supporters are NOT happy about getting screwed by Obamacare.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
From what I remember, you have MISquoted Gruber a number of times by leaving out 6 words at the beginning of a sentence.
Namely, "risk-adjusted."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies