Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 11:04 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
The ones who thought George Bush was a solid choice? The ones who thought it was smarter to run Todd Akin and Chritien O'Donnell over established candidates that likely would have won? The ones who thought Sarah Palin was a wonderful choice to be VP? Both parties have their fair share of stupid uninformed voters.
Back on topic....do you have a problem following the bouncing ball? It appears so.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:10 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Exactly. I think I heard that Gruber has visited the White House 19 times, and now with him saying he took ideas from Gruber I have to ask how they expect anyone to believe Obama didnt know what was going on..

And if he didnt know what was going on, why the hell is he in charge?
I suppose if Obama could sit in Reverend Wright's church for 20 years and never hear one of his sermons he could conceivably meet with Gruber 19 times and never hear a word he had to say. I sometimes wonder if he hears anything anyone has to say, other than Valerie Jarrett and a small circle of advisors.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Seriously, I WANT to be republican but its the ignorance and lies. . .that keeps me from doing it.

Lie 1 - There conservative policies aren't free-market, just regulation in the form of keeping people in power (i.e. Comcast or Gas companies)

Lie 2 - They pretend that there is a debate in Global warming, to help the people in Lie 1 stay in power.

Lie 3 - They pretend there is some god and we must enforce that theocracy in schools, god forbid people think rationally. At the same time they want to kill people that they think is guilty, even though this god preached against it.

Lie 4 - they say they don't want govt involved in your decisions, then they take away women rights, try to limit same sex rights, and interfere with what drugs you put in your body. They want to control everything.

lie 5 - they get upset when some strategist tells the truth about how laws are made, even though they have using the same techniques for years

Lie 6 - they pretend they are worried about voter fraud, when they are really worried about poor minorities voting

If it wasn't for the lies, I would vote Republican in a heartbeat.
Lie 1 - that you would ever consider voting Republican. I find it beyond reasonable that anybody who has swallowed leftist rhetoric so completely as you have has any sincere interest in conservatism.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:15 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Looks like no one has any spin on this?
I'll bite.

He is describing what politicians from both parties do as SOP ALL THE TIME to get bills passed. He was an idiot for stating it outloud, but come on, nobody thinks it doesn't happen. It IS what is wrong with our political system.

I don't support it, I don't condone it, but I certainly can't sit idle while one party calls it hypocracy when the people they support do the same thing. So if you really don't accept this, then come down on all politicians.

As for the ACA, it has been proven time and time again, that our healthcare costs are rising at slower rate than pre-ACA. yes, they are still rising, but not as fast.

and his comment about (paraphrasing) no healthy person will buy in to pay for sick people is 100% true. Here's the thing though, the old system allowed people to not have healtcare, and then when they got sick or injured, they defaulted on their bills and those of us who were resposnible got hit with THEIR bill.

I know you all are against poor people, black people, and pretty much any people who aren't just like you getting handouts, but again, if you are going to be against handouts, then be against it. I have yet to see a person say we should deny a dying man or woman coverage if they are uninsured. That means we are paying for them. It's a f'ing handout.

US Healthcare cost per capita is by multiples, higher than any other modern contry in the world as a percentage of GDP. Our life expectency and level of care ranks somewhere around 38th last I checked. We are paying more for less.

The ONLY way for this to work is for a single-payer system. If the US were to truly get money out of politics, then (and only then) a truly capitalistic solution might work. A capitalistic solution might look something like a maintenance contract for your home HVAC system. You pay for the service ("insurance") and they keep your system running ("care"). Doctors would be incented by systems running ("quality/health), rather than procedures ("quantity"), which would have an effect of reducing the demands on our healthcare system, incentivizing health, rather than sickness, and saving consumers (taxpayers) money. That will never be allowed to happen as long as the left and right are owned by business interests.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Please cite for me why Republicans should stoop to the level of Democrats and deceive the public so they can get bills to "pass"?
It was a simple question, but you do not have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
An former Obama advisor called Obama and the Dems out on their lies. He said Gruber was "the man" and the "guru" of Obamacare.

Quote:
“Jonathan Gruber was, back in the day in 2009, the guru on health care,” said Rattner, who was known as the “car czar” when he worked in the administration. “I remember that when I was in the White House, he was certainly viewed as an important figure in helping to put Obamacare together.”

“I think if you go back and look at the Washington Post or the New York Times or anything from that period you will find Jonathan Gruber’s name all over it as both someone who’s the leading expert on health care quoted by everybody, and as someone who the White House was using — I don’t think we knew the dollar numbers he was paid at the time.”
Steve Rattner: Jonathan Gruber was 'the man' on Obamacare - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO

Even MSNBC said Dems look like fools trying to run away from Gruber.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I think there are both intelligent and unintelligent people in both parties.

To those Republicans who constantly repeat that people who voted for Obama worship him as their "dear leader" did it ever occur to them that he was merely the lesser of two evils?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Who are the sheep following? The RW media overplaying the same comments over and over. The speaker (Gruber) who said he was wrong for making the comments last week.

Who followed the discussion, those who have gotten the Ins, and find it works just fine and has lower costs. Or the people who listen to the RW media and fall for every website claiming that Obamacare is bad.

Look at the whole picture and you will find you are being played.
My insurance premiums increased three times. Obama said it would go down.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Please cite for me why Republicans should stoop to the level of Democrats and deceive the public so they can get bills to "pass"?
Are you really trying to suggest they don't?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think there are both intelligent and unintelligent people in both parties.

To those Republicans who constantly repeat that people who voted for Obama worship him as their "dear leader" did it ever occur to them that he was merely the lesser of two evils?
Being that you are a Gruber, you wouldn't understand that lying to get legislation passed should be a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies