Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 10:46 PM

29,615 posts, read 16,602,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
David Axelrod Calls Jonathan Gruber 'Stupid' | The Daily Caller

Democrats are coming apart at the seams as Obama Lieutenant David Axelrod says that Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber is "stupid." Gruber is an MIT PhD economist, and is probably not stupid, but got in with the wrong crowd, including people like Axe.

The GOP got a great win in 2014, but right now need to exercise some patience and stand back while Democrats self-destruct. When the opposition wants to self destruct, get out of the way and let them do their thing.
Gruber's argument from the video i have seen, was that the word tax being used in anyway is a death nail to a bill. He then of course used some horrible wording to describe what he meant, but it diddnt make it any less true.

If you agree with the definition of mandate, and you change your mind when you call it a tax, then you are playing identity politics, which people like you claim to hate but then support in moments like now.

I mean, look at net neutrality, I had not met a singe people who was against net neutrality until Ted Cruz called it "Government regulation ".

Gruber also broke the #1 rule of public speaking, never insult your audience, because when you do, they forget you are an award winning economics professor with a number of degrees from some of the most prestigious universities in our nation who has worked on economic policies for 2 different Presidents in both the Budget and Treasury Department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Strange thing for Axelrod tosay.

Axlerod, btw, would agree with everything Gruber has said.

He just thinks he's stupid for having admitted it on camera.
you agree with him too.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 PM

27,203 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Gruber's argument from the video i have seen, was that the word tax being used in anyway is a death nail to a bill. He then of course used some horrible wording to describe what he meant, but it diddnt make it any less true.

If you agree with the definition of mandate, and you change your mind when you call it a tax, then you are playing identity politics, which people like you claim to hate but then support in moments like now.

I mean, look at net neutrality, I had not met a singe people who was against net neutrality until Ted Cruz called it "Government regulation ".

Gruber also broke the #1 rule of public speaking, never insult your audience, because when you do, they forget you are an award winning economics professor with a number of degrees from some of the most prestigious universities in our nation who has worked on economic policies for 2 different Presidents in both the Budget and Treasury Department.

you agree with him too.

You ought to get out more often.
There have many on both sides of this question for quite a while now.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You ought to get out more often.
22 year old college grad, when Net Neutrality started gaining traction(being talked about) in 2011, Not a single college Republican i talked to was against it, not a single dem or libertarian or independent.

It had,and to a point, still does have a broad coalition of support.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No, there havent been. Its one of the few issues that was completely lopsided.

the public vs lobbyist.

I actually wished the President had kept his mouth closed on this one.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:57 PM

27,203 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Because no one trusts him anymore?

Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 AM

15,547 posts, read 10,539,245 times
Axelrod translation: stupid for getting caught.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:37 AM

22,675 posts, read 24,657,321 times
NOPE, the Demorat operatives are shifty, slimy, disgusting and without any boundaries........but they are not stupid.

Demorats, in it to win it.......10 x the politicians that the Redumdums will ever be.

Hillary 2016, YEAR OF THE WOMEN, YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Cruz is right when you consider what Obama has proposed, reclassifying ISP's under the same law used to regulate phone companies would insure net neutrality but it would also trigger a laundry list of regulations, taxes and fees.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:42 AM

89,258 posts, read 45,002,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Proves one thing, we cannot dispute. They [Democrats] want their voter base, Dumb, Stupid, Naïve, Ignorant, and Gullible. And to believe their every word.
Many of us have been saying that here on city-data for a long time. I know it's true when I watch Democrats keep generation after generation of children trapped in their severely underperforming public schools, and won't support vouchers so kids have a chance at a better education. SMH

Old 11-17-2014, 03:48 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,498,116 times
Coming apart at the seams? That's a bit dramatic, surely? Jonathan Gruber is an economics professor and policy consultant for hire--he's not exactly a big wheel in Democratic politics.

In any case, it's pretty much a truism at this point that both parties commonly rely on the stupidity of the public to do all sorts of things they'd never get away with in a country with more educated electorate.

Last edited by djacques; 11-17-2014 at 04:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies