Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 08:39 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
By your example I was right on.
Also "do you tell your employer that you work"? What? English much? What are you trying to say here you blithering idiot?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:41 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,459 times
I also said "little" bit Petch, you made the working class sound like parasites, when we're not.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
What? Can you read? All the points you made that had NEGATIVE connotations were OFF! The only assumptions of yours I fit into where the non negative ones.
What's negative? At least you are working to support yourself unlike those on welfare. So you rent a small house in the country, what's wrong with that? it's not the best but as long as the tax payer isn't paying a portion, nothing wrong with that. You need to stop being so easily offended and take pride in not depending on someone else's tax payer funded handout. Deep breath westbound rambler.

Your comment about debt shows me that you really don't understand wealth though. Instead of buying into the division learn more. Playing division isn't getting you ahead.

Quote:
That's a little bit of a ridiculous perception of the working class. I'm working class, probably a very typical working class and here's your points that apply to me:

working class:
- has little or no college education; in particular no BA from a 4-year college;
correct, I dropped out of college when I realized all the topics that interested me (Music, Literature, & History) didn't pay worth a damn, so I decided instead of wasting money, I'd work a desk job and be a musical entrepreneur on the side.
So you're working class and fit the definition I gave then say the definition is ridiculous?

- low or negative net worth (assets minus debts);
Low, yes but I've never had a cent of debt in my life.
So you have low net worth and no debt... ok??? Rich people can have lots of debt but still have high net worth. What's your point? Again, you fit the definition yet call it ridiculous.

- rental housing, or one non-luxury home long saved for and possibly lived in for decades;
I rent a small house in the country
Again, you rent.. you fit the definition yet call my definition ridiculous.

- occupations involving physical work and/or little control in the workplace.
I do everything at the company I work for, it's a very VERY small company, but I'm the most well rounded and knowledgeable employee (I've been here the longest)
So do you tell your employee when you work? ..

- A subset of working class people who chronically can't get income sufficient to cover all their basic needs.
all my basic needs are covered, though I feel I'm underpaid, and should definitely be making more
Ok so you don't fit into the subset of working class. Then again, welfare covers people's basic needs.

- substandard housing or homelessness;-my house is small but nice, clean, and in a beautiful area. It suits my needs, but I'm a minimalist
Ok so again, you don't fit into the subset

- long-time use of public benefits, such as welfare, or charity.-Never, not once.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Also "do you tell your employer that you work"? What? English much? What are you trying to say here you blithering idiot?
Quote:
I also said "little" bit Petch, you made the working class sound like parasites, when we're not.
Wow, take a deep breathwestbound ramble. Do some research and you'll find that although there are variances you'll find that my definition is correct. If you want to be offended by it, that's your problem.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Uhm, I am the employer. The business is doing well but I have no desire to keep pushing, growing, building ...You see westbound rambler, as I was "building that" as my profit grew the government took more, so much that we re-evaluated and now understand, it's not about income, it's about wealth.

Why keep busting my ass, take more risk, more employees, more responsibility when government see's me as a piggy bank to steal money from?

We focused on building wealth, with the government grab it was harder because they took so much. No we are not ultra wealthy but we no longer depend on w2 income to support our lifestyle and pay the bills. We say we bought DH's freedom and he retired, I'm semi-retired.

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 10:08 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 09:23 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Uhm, I am the employer. The business is doing well but I have no desire to keep pushing, growing, building ...You see westbound rambler, As I was "building that" I found as my income increased the government took more and more, so much that it wasn't worth busting my ass or taking on more risk, more employees i.e., more responsibility. For what? So government would take more and more, it's not worth it. Instead we focused on building wealth, we say we bought DH freedom and he retired, I'm semi-retired.
My DH and I have done similarly. We retired early. We're not tax slaves anymore.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
My DH and I have done similarly. We retired early. We're not tax slaves anymore.
My small business does very well so the government continues to take huge amounts from me. We choose not to take on more because the profit motive is no longer there. Sure, I'll still make money after taxes but more risk and responsibility, it's not worth it after the government grab. It's kind of like telling a W2 worker to work OT and get paid half of their wage.

One thing that makes me sad is I have family stuck in the middle class rat race. They bust their butt's but can't get anywhere. I help but they don't like accepting help. I try to teach them but they are feeling so defeated and don't understand. I can't force anything on them so now only when they ask. Now this is sad

My brother got an extra income last year. He said he knew he should put money aside for taxes but he really needed the money for a furnace and a car repair. Yep, he earned a little more money and here comes the government. Taxes help keep the middle class trapped. The government doesn't want the middle class to understand that so they put out convincing rhetoric to keep money flowing from the people to the government.

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 10:02 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Enough to take care of ourselves but not enough to take care of the entire country and illegals. How dare we climb out of the rat race, Obama is trying to kick us back down and his useful idiots who don't have a clue are supporting him.

Anyone who thinks Obama was going after the rich is a useful idiot.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:14 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
[quote=petch751;40226172] Im also am an employer and small business owner petch751.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Im also am an employer and small business owner petch751.
Yes, I am a small business owner who employs people therefor I am an employer. And??? Do democrats and liberals think employing people is bad too?

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 11:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies